Reminiscing & OH NO YOU DIDN"T!!!!

Melting Your Icy heart

That night, Jessica sat at her vanity brushing her hair. Events that happened at the Masquerade ball played in her mind. She couldn't help but smile about the mysterious stranger she met tonight. A loud knock snapped her back to reality.

"Unnie, can I come in?"

"Of course, you don't need to ask." Jessica laughed. She put her hairbrush down and sat on her bed.

Krystal slowly came in and shut the door behind her. She sat on the bed with a big smile on her face.

"Did you have fun at the ball tonight? I won't take no for an answer. I wish I was old enough to attend." Her smile then turned into a frown.

Jessica pinched her cheeks. "In a couple of years. You are only ten so you should enjoy your youth. To answer your question I did have a memorable night."

"You scared some of the men at the ball didn't you?" Krystal asked with wide eyes.

"No. Well yes because they were being innappropriate. But hey I am getting to the good part. I met a mystery man at the ball tonight."

Krystal's eyes went wider. She grabbed Jessica's hands and started bouncing on the bed. 

"WHO? WHO?"

Jessica tried to cover her little sister's mouth. "Shush! You are going to wake up everyone! What if Father comes in here? You are supposed to be in bed already."

"Okay okay. I swear you become like mom everyday."

Jessica tensed up little and looked the other way. Krystal noticed it right away and hugged her.

"I am sorry, Unnie. I didn't mean it that way.I want you to find happiness for yourself. Don't let father choose it for you." 

She hugged her back with a squeeze. "Sometimes I question your age. You grew up a little after mom past away."

"I had to. I didn't want you to feel pressured to fill in the empty space. Under tradition,  you have to marry. You cannot keep on scaring suitors away."

Jessica got up from her bed. "I will not be forced to marry. However, after tonight I only wish have another meeting with the mystery man. Then possibly maybe."

Krystal smiled. "I don't know what he did to you but I am surprised you didn't scare him."
 

"Yah! I don't  scare them. Men don't like women who are straightforward. They like quiet and obedient wives" Jessica said rolling her eyes. "That is what I can't stand and the reason I refuse to marry.

"What if this mystery guy shows up again? Will you say yes?" Krystal asked all excited.

"I won't give in that easily. We will see if he can stand me." Jessica laughed evilly.

"You keep up and  are going to end up an old lady!" her sister cried hitting her with a pillow. Jessica hit her back and a pillow fight started. After a peaceful surrender, Krystal returned to her room. Jessica climbed into bed and blew out the candle. Thoughts of her mystery man came back into mind. She smiled for the last time and allowed sleep to take over.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"WHAT? YOU ORDER ME TO COME BACK FROM THE MASQUERADE BALL AND SAY IT IS A EMERGENCY BECAUSE YOU FOUND A POTENTIAL CANDIDATE FOR MARRIAGE?" 

Both his parents winced at the volume of Yesung's voice.

"Calm down, sweetie. Most of the servants already retired to their quarters."

"Really, mother? You were the one who threatened to disown me if I didn't go this evening. Finally when I was enjoying myself.."

"You were actually enjoying yourself?" Jong-Jin teased.

Yesung glared at his brother.

"Oh c'mon Hyung. Whenever you go to these kind of events you always stay in the corner and never ask anyone to dance."

"Look, your mother and I are sorry we made it such a big deal. We just recieved word not too long ago so we got excited."

Yesung sat down and looked up at his dad "It's not that easy to forgive you guys that easily."

"Why?"

"Well..I..."

His family closed in on him. "We are not letting you go until you tell us." laughed Jong-Jin

"Aish. well.. I met a girl at the masquerade ball and something just clicked. She wasn't having a good time and I wasn't either so I made it a memorable night for the both of us."

Yesung looked up and saw his family's stunned faces. Then they group hugged him.

"That's my boy!" cried Jigoon patting his son's back.

"Oh my gosh I am going to have  a daughter-in-law" cried Na Young hugging Yesung hard.

"The problem is I don't have her name or what her face looks like."

Then silence fell. "Do you know anything about her? Any distinctive features?" asked his father.

Yesung rubbed his neck and tried to remember. " I only know is she has long brown hair and a petite figure. And she knows someone named Krystal because she got called by that name."

His parents were huddled in the corner with Jong-Jin whispering amongst themselves. 

"It can't be honey... Could fate be on our side?"

"It could be a coincidence. love. I just don't want our son to give up his hopes. This could be our last chance or else he is officially going to stay a bachelor forever."

"You two still have to explain the marriage offer he had to come rushing home to"

Yesung walked over to his family. "Uhhh am I missing something? Also may I know what is the oh so important marriage offer I had to rush home to?"

His family sat him down again. 

" King Jonghoon of Lorgani castle has sent a proposal for you to marry his oldest daughter. You will travel in a couple of days to meet her and the family to get aquainted.

"Wait that is the castle I just came from the masquerade ball?" Yesung said all excitingly.

"Shush, son. I haven't finished. There is a problem though. The oldest daughter is known to be an Ice princess. She has scared all of her suitors away and no offer has come her way. It is sad that she is ruining her future."

"She cannot be that bad, father. Also aren't the rumors over exaggerating?"

"I have my sources. Prince Jaejoong cried when he rejected her."

" Oh c'mon. That guy all he does best is take care of his skin. He can't do anything manly" laughed Jong-Jin

"Since you are so interested I already sent word." Na Young flashed a wider smile and sat next to Yesung

"Mom! Why on earth...

Nayoung took a hold of his face. "My son the day you were born I wished for your happiness. I want you and your brother to have the happiness that I have with your father. You are next in line to the kingdom and I want someone to be by your side through thick and thin. It is not easy for a man to be by themselves. Your father understands that now that he is married."

"Yes, mother I will see through with this." He sighed burning holes into her with his eyes.

His mother hugged him. "That's my son. It's late. Everyone go to bed."

Yesung climbed up the staircase to room and collapsed on his bed. The image of a sillouette in blue came into his head. He smiled big and dreamed .

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

OKAY FINISHED chapter 3. I just had to update this story because I am  on a roll besides having schoolwork. Please review and comment if you have any suggestions. Thank you for being patient and I will upload new chapters! Please do not copy and plagarize. To my subscribers thank you for being loyal :)

 

:D- Vampireluver911