Chapter 8: After the Date Part 1

The Romance of the Unfortunate Girl

Last time, Destin offered to walk Gabriella. As they were on the way to her house, she saw girls who gave her trouble for the incident earlier that week.  Then I ran into Elizabeth and she said something that was shocking. Soon as they got into my room Destin stubbed his toe. 

Hey Destin, can I ask you a question? Charlotte asked. What do you want? Destin asked. How do you like being alone with a girl in her room? Charlotte asked. Destin began to blush. I figured as much, let's get you to a hospital to drain the blood from the toenail. Charlotte replied. Soon as Charlotte said that, Abrielle rushed to his aid. Abrielle it was not that serious. This happened because I spaced out when she warning me. Destin replied. Abrielle helped Destin down the stairs. Bye Gabriella, I will tell you everything you want to know tomorrow. Charlotte replied. Alright. I replied. As soon as Charlotte and Destin left, I looked outside my blinds and saw his disappointed face. You know that is actually similar to how I met your father. Ghita replied. Mom, you met my dad by him stubbing his toe? I asked. No sweetheart, one of his jealous friends pushed me down and I tripped over a rail and he caught me and broke his arm. Ghita replied. I would never imagine,  a woman's jealousy caused you to meet my dad? I asked. Encounters happen in many ways. Ghita replied. Let's get off that subject and show me what you bought. Ghita asked. I will show you on one condition. I replied. What is that condition? Ghita asked. You can not wear my clothes. I replied. Name one time I have worn your clothes any occasion? Ghita asked. A few weeks ago you wore my ruby red strapless dress to a cocktail party. I replied.  What? Ghita asked. It saying "Ghita, you know you want to wear me?" Ghita replied. As my mom was telling me this story I was just giving her a blank stare. Mom well I didn't buy anything. Destin bought me everything from lunch to my clothes. I replied. He's his father's son. Ghita thought. I want to see what he bought you. Ghita replied.  I bought two dresses, three shirts and skirts from Vraiment Beau. Next? Ghita asked. I went Fluer ecarlate and bought three pairs of shoes. I replied. Did he buy all that for you? Ghita asked. You know mom I am not used to a man spending money on me. I replied. I know but I have a feeling that will eventually change. Ghita replied. Mom, what are talking about? I asked. You will figure out on your own. Ghita replied. What did he get you for lunch? Ghita asked. Steak Au Poivre. I replied. Gaby you know that is really rich food you were eating right? Ghita asked. I know he said, "You can buy whatever you want, I am buying". Gaby, he was buying so you shouldn't be self-conscious. Ghita replied. That is not the problem. I replied. What will be the problem? Ghita asked. The girls from my class will harass me. I feel it coming. I replied. As soon as we were discussing the matter, I received a text from Charlotte. Destin is fine but he feels a little guilty about those girls harassing you. I texted her back saying, "I kno it is coming but your brother is a really sweet guy" Charlotte texted back saying "He is but is a little self-conscious about his surroundings. Today was the first time he interacted with a female other than the suiters our father picked out for him." I texted back saying "I think he kind of at ease around me." Charlotte texted back  saying "That's not just it, you are the first girl who isn't money hungry." I texted back saying "I wasn't raised that way." Charlotte texted back saying "Finally he has met a girl with morals and standards". I texted back "Come on you don't have to think that highly of me". After that, Charlotte ended the conversation saying, "Well I see Mr. Grumpy Pants is coming over. How about we talk more about this a school on Monday." I texted back saying "We can do that. Bye. "