Chapter 23: Saturday Afternoon Part Two

The Romance of the Unfortunate Girl

Last time, I went out to lunch with Hadrien Le Roux (dad). We ran into my Uncle Adrien. Adrien tries to hide his hatred for Hadrien from me. I blurted out by mistake about him being in love with my mom. He was also jealous of him when he dated my mom.

Let's go to Lila's, I heard they have a sale today. I replied. I went into my purse and pulled out my phone. I opened my email. You know I will buy it for you. Hadrien replied. I know but I still like to use them before they expire. I replied. You took one thing from your mom. Gaby! Harmoni replied. Harmoni why are you yelling my name across the store? I asked. The last I checked your last words from eight years ago was, "I will never return to this even if it is my birthplace." Harmoni replied. I am so happy your back. Harmoni replied. No, you go to that gifted academy you always wished to get into. You are also happy because you're a Fashion Major, you need a model and now I am your guinea pig. I replied. That is not true, wait I have a friend named Charlotte Baudin, she might model. I replied.  Tell me in advance alright. Harmoni replied. Hey Gaby, can you come here a moment. Harmoni replied. Harmoni dragged me away. Why are you with Hadrien Le Roux? Harmoni asked. It's a very long story. I replied. Alright. Here is my number. Harmoni replied. Oh my gosh those shoes. I replied. You have a very particular taste. Henry replied. You could say that. After all, I worked a different branch in Rome every summer. I replied. I heard the accessories are more detailed. Henry replied. You are right, I bought my phone case is from there. I replied. Seriously, that looks custom. Henry replied. Well it is,  employees can order one. I heard they are bringing here this year in the summer or fall. I replied. Did you make the design for this phone case? Hadrien asked. Yes, I did, it was fun making the designs for it. I replied. I will be back in a few. I replied. She really likes to shop like her mom does. Hadrien replied. Ten minutes later I came back with one creme laces romper, two sleeveless shirts, white, cerise, vermilion and cool mint green shorts, three pairs of shoes. I went back and got a two-piece bathing suit. Lastly, a short sleeved white lace dress, with a golden necklace, clear bead bracelet and white mint green ring.   Well, these are all that you want to buy. I replied. If this is what you want to buy then put it on the counter and I will buy it. I put it on the counter and he bought all of it. I walked out of the store happy. You look satisfied. Hadrien replied. I love shopping, it makes me feel better after a deserved break. Who is that bathing suit meant for? Hadrien asked. Don't act like that, Dad. I buy one before summer begins because they are cheaper around this time. I replied. You love to bargain like your mom. Hadrien replied. You mom used to always go shopping like this. Hadrien replied. That sounds like my mom, she loves buying clothes and spoiling herself every once in a while. Where else do you want to go? Hadrien asked. can we go to Petit Four and buy some eclairs for me? I asked. I can't say no to that face of yours. Hadrien replied. We walked inside Petit Four and everyone was fangirling about seeing Hadrien LaRoux is in their bakery. No, I came to buy some eclairs for my daughter. Hadrien replied. Really, who is your daughter? Tristan asked. Hi, again. I replied. Why if it isn't the redhead girl from last week. Tristan asked. Young lady, how is that feisty Ghita doing? Tristan asked. How do you know my mom's name? I asked. Well, you look just like her. She would always come and eat eclairs just like you are buying today. But she would buy about twenty-four. I wonder how she could eat all that never get fat? Tristan asked. My mom is full of mysteries. I replied. Well, give these to her. She ordered them earlier today. Tristan replied. She said, my little girl, can't resist desserts in general. So she will come in and buy something. When she comes to tell her not to eat the order. Tristan replied. That's cruel. I replied. Well here is the box, watch out it's heavy. Tristan replied. She also said,  Have her dad carry it he isn't clumsy like her. Well, that whole conversation sounds just like Ghita. Hadrien replied. Alright, hold your three bags. Oh yeah here is your eclairs. Tristan replied. I didn't say an amount. I replied. He gave me twenty eclairs. I replied. I paid him while you were talking to him. Now let's get to the car. Hadrien replied. When we got to the car, a few reporters came trying to get a scoop. Gaby put your stuff in the trunk and get in the car Hadrien replied. Yes. I replied. A well drove off, a few ran until they ran out of breath. Well in twenty minutes we should be at your mom's house. When we got to my mom's house. Hadrien parked and we rushed inside with my moms delivery, lunch and my clothes and shoes I bought today. Hey Ghita can I lay lown for an hour or so here? Hadrien asked. Let me guess, reporters, wondering why you were with the "Unfortunate Girl"? Ghita asked. Don't call Gaby that. Hadrien replied. I am not, Gaby show me what you bought today. Ghita replied. Mom, you want me to show you because we wear the same size in clothes and shoes. I replied. Are you that small? Ghita asked. Yeah, I only have one kid, I didn't blow up and gain weight like most. I take care of myself and watch what I eat. Ghita replied. Mom, if you show me what's in the box I will show you what I bought. Maybe I will give one of my eclairs and then you show me. I replied. Alright, here it is. I bought a big Raspberry Charlotte Cake.Ghita replied. I  know what your thinking and no you cant eat it all in one day. Ghita replied. Do you want some Hadrien? Ghita asked. Sure, but she could eat it all by herself? Hadrien asked. Yeah, she can eat a cake all by herself.  Ghita replied. She doesn't like to share when it comes to her favorite desserts or food dishes in general. Ghita replied. It reminds me of a certain man I know. She gets that from me. Hadrien replied. My mom went into the kitchen and got a knife out to cut the cake. All I could think about was "What does it taste like?". My mom took out three plates and three forks. She walked over to the cake and cut three pieces putting them on the plates. We ate the cake all at once. We all took a bite of cake and we all had a blissful expression.