Chapter 20: Wednesday Night

The Romance of the Unfortunate Girl

As I did my homework, I was so curious about what Charlotte had to tell me. As I was walking in the parking lot, my mother gave off such an intense glare at Hadrien. I am now really curious about what my mom’s connection to him. I thought. As I finished my homework, my mom called me down to eat dinner. As we ate together, I asked her a question. Hey, mom do you and Hadrien Le Roux know each other personally? If you want to say it like that then yes. That man ruined my life. Ghita replied. He knows what he did and hearing that I came back here makes him more afraid and self-conscious than ever. My mom evil smirk on her face. How did he ruin your life mom? I asked. Do you really want to know that? Ghita asked. Yes mom, you never hate someone without a reason. I replied. Well, he and his wife are just thinking about what they did to me over sixteen years ago. The guilt must be killing them inside. I wouldn’t be surprised if that man comes here to try to apologize to me one of these days. Ghita replied. Hey, mom is someone banging on the door. I replied. You know we have neighbors, so stop bagging like that. Ghita replied. Speaking of the devil. Ghita replied. My mom walked to the door. So is that guilty conscious of yours coming to haunt you and the wife of yours? Ghita asked. Ghita, I know the Ball was a little awkward. Hadrien replied. I am debating on letting you come in the door or call my journalist friend. He would kill to have a scoop on Hadrien Le Roux and his scandal from over sixteen years ago and the child who he never claimed. Ghita replied. Mom who is at the door? I asked. Ghita, I have to ask a favor of you. Hadrien replied. As Hadrien asked Ghita that, Adrien called her. Adrien baby, you remember that guy I dated over a decade ago. He wants a “favor of me”. Ghita replied. Wait you mean the self-righteous, Hadrien Le Roux? Adrien asked. Mom, is that Uncle Adrien? I asked. Hi Uncle Adrien, how are you? I asked. I am great. I heard you caught the eye of a certain young man. Adrien replied. Stop making a big deal about it. I replied. I wish for your happiness. Don’t end up being unfortunate like your mother. Adrien replied. What do you mean? I asked. The day will come to past and you will find out. Adrien replied. I meant to call you about that banquet next Friday. Adrien replied. Don’t tell me the handsome, Adrien Bataille is single? Ghita replied. Well, a beautiful woman like you is always working her fingers to the bone she needs to relax every once in a while. Adrien replied. Are you suppose to knock me off my feet? Ghita asked. You know me, Ghita. Adrien replied. I might be a lover but I wouldn’t stoop as low as my little brother. Adrien replied. Let me talk to him actually. Adrien replied. I heard my phone vibrating in my room. I ran upstairs to my room and answered my phone. Hey Charlotte, are you going to tell me now? I asked. Well if I am correct, Hadrien is in your house right? Charlotte asked. Yeah, he is, how do you know? I asked. I know him, he is getting that guilt trip from the Ball yesterday. He wants to finally apologize to your mom. Knowing her she won’t forgive. He will ask a favor of her. Charlotte replied. Gaby, doesn’t it click? Charlotte asked. Let me guess, that man is my dad and it is still really hard to take it in. I replied. He never even acknowledge my existence. I bet he didn’t want anything to do with my mom after finding out she was pregnant with me. I replied. If you think about it, a man with such a higher status than my mom and my own. They would call my mom some woman who is trying to ruin his life and status. I replied. You know Hadrien is reaping what he so for mistreated your mom. Charlotte replied. I know that wasn’t something you wanted to hear in one night. Charlotte replied. I rather know than be left in dark. I replied. After I got off the phone with Charlotte, I turned off my light, shut my door and locked it. All I could do is go into my bed under the covers and quietly cry. Hadrien knocked on my room door. Gabriella. Hadrien replied. Ghita walked behind Hadrien. You might be her dad but she will never listen or respect you in the slightest. That is how Gaby is when she is lied to. Ghita replied. Oh, I forgot you would know that because you were never in her life. Ghita replied. Gaby, I know your crying and you are hurt inside. Ghita replied. I just want to be left alone. I replied. I know but you didn’t finish your dinner. Ghita replied. I lost my appetite. I replied. You need to leave and I will not fulfill that favor you asked of me. You can ask her yourself. Ghita replied. Why do you always try to cause trouble for me? Hadrien asked. What did you call me before I left for home? I asked. I remember, a woman who causes misfortunate to anyone she surrounds herself with. For short you call the “Unfortunate Girl” as well. Ghita replied. I wonder how it feels to see her in the news calling her the same thing you called me? Ghita asked. This is your place so I will leave because knowing how you hate me with every fiber of your being. Hadrien replied. Ghita glared as he walked out the door. Hadrien left. I unlocked my door and came out. Mom, is that man really my dad? I asked. What did he ask of you? I asked. If I told you, his pride would kick in. Ghita replied. Now eat your dinner like I said earlier. Ghita replied. Alright. I replied. I am curious about that request he wanted to ask my mom. I thought.

Stay Tuned.