Chapter 17: Tuesday After School & Night

The Romance of the Unfortunate Girl

Since school has ended for the day, Asce, Charlotte and I walked to the bus stop.

Thank God, no one recognized you. I replied. Yeah I don't need what happened this morning to happen again. Charlotte replied. Charlotte and I sat in the seat behind Asce. As we were on the bus we were laughing and talked about our crazy day. Hey is it me or are we being watched? I asked. You are right. Charlotte replied. I think it is a stalker who want to take pictures of you. Charlotte replied. Well I hope not. Asce replied. When they got off the bus. They were close to my apartment. As soon as we walked up the stairs, I opened the door. Mom I am home. I replied. My mom rushed down the stairs yelling my name. Gaby, I need a favor of you. Ghita replied. Yes mom, what do you want? I asked. Can you zip up my dress in the back? Ghita asked. Mom, what is the occasion? I asked. I was invited to a fancy dinner tonight. Ghita replied. You must be Aline son, aren't you? Ghita asked. Yes, do you know my mom? Asce asked. You could say that. Ghita replied. You look just like your father when I met him over sixteen years ago. Ghita replied. Mom do you really know his mom? I asked. I really should head on home, my parents are going to think someone stole me. Asce replied. As Asce said that, Aline appeared outside of the door. Who is banging on the door like that? Ghita asked. Well let me see who it is. I replied. I opened the door and a woman who looked so worried. Asce, you can't just go off somewhere and not call. Aline replied. Luckily, Charlotte texted me where you were. Aline replied. It's been awhile, Aline. Ghita replied. I felt a tension in the air that scared Asce, Charlotte and I. Hey mom, do you guys know each other? I asked. Let's just say, she and I have a history. Ghita replied. A history that we can never forget or regret. Aline replied. Hey mom, let's go. Asce replied. Bye Gaby. Asce replied. I might as well go because it will be a sure flyway to go home. Charlotte replied. Bye you guys. I replied. As they left I saw hatred burn in her eyes. I have never seen my mom with that much intense hatred she gave off. Well I will be off, I have a date. Ghita replied. Well the party awaits. Ghita replied. My mom opened the door and man appeared. He looked familiar to the same guy from Destin's house. Well I see you are beautiful as ever. Alexandre replied. Are you trying to flatter me? Ghita asked. As I saw my mom smiling, all I could think about is what is her relationship with Asce mother, Aline?

Stay Tuned.