Chapter- 4

Let's play
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi! I decided to update since I think I won't be able to update because I have exams ^^!

Thank you so much for those who subscibed and read this.

∆∆∆

Jennie could feel herself sweating as her eyes landed on Johnny walking towards them, she was contemplating on staying where she was or sprinting towards the salad bar. She was definitely leaning more on the sprinting-towards-the-salad-bar option.

 

 

 

 

 

Right behind him was a guy with unbearable expression gracing his face. 

 

It can't be him! I mean, there's probably five more people who was eavesdropping and taking other people's picture without consent...

 

Yeah that's right!

 

There has to be someone else!

 

Right!

 

Who am I fooling?!

 

Johnny grinned as soon as he reached where they were standing. The new comer gives a few nods towards Jaehyun and Yuta. 

 

If he smiled I bet he'd be really cute. 

 

"Girls, this is Lee Taeyong" Johnny gestures to the guy next to him. 

 

Up close Jennie knew without a doubt this was definitely the guy who Eunha was talking to. Nicely styled brown hair and pretty eyes. 

 

 

 

Taking a good look at him now, I could understand why Eunha liked him, he looked like a manga character, too bad I didn't like reading them. 

 

 

 

"Hi! I saw you in a magazine once" Rosé smiled bowed and Taeyong did the same.

 

 

 

They were waiting for her to say something but her brain was sending warning signals to be cautious of what she has to say. 

 

 

 

Play it cool Jennie Kim, you can do this. Deep breaths, act as if you didn't do anything wrong. He doesn't know you. 

 

 

 

"I'm Jennie" She introduced herself. He didn't say anything but I knew he was looking at her in a scrutinizing manner. 

 

 

 

She didn't dare to meet his eyes, rather she was looking at the tip of his nose. 

 

 

 

Please someone! I need a diversion, a black out or a butler tripping anything!

 

As if it was an answer from the heavens a voice that was familiar to her called out her name from behind them.

"What a surprise! Jennie Kim"

 

The owner of the voice finally registers in her head and regrets asking for such help.

 

I take it back! Just not this! Is everyone out to get me?!

 

 

 

Taking a deep breath Jennie turns and came face to face with Han Sunhwa. Giving a grin Jennie bows and greets her hello.

 

 

 

"I thought you weren't the type to go to social events?" Her face was smiling but her voice was hard

 

 

 

Jennie gave a laugh. "I'm not, but Johnny really wanted me to come, who am I to refuse?"

 

 

 

The older girl nodded and took hold one of her hands, surprising her.

 

"I see" Sunhwa shot everyone a look that was daring them to "You guys wouldn't mind if I borrowed her right?"

 

 

 

Johnny opened his mouth to protest, but she was faster.

 

 

 

"Great! I really need to talk to Jennie about something" she cuts Johnny off and dragged the younger girl with her all the way to a unoccupied table.

 

 

 

I'm pretty sure I know why she wants talk to me and it's not a good one.

 

 

 

"How have you been, Jennie?" She asked sweetly still holding onto the girl's hand as if they were long time friends.

 

 

 

Jennie knew where this was going and had to choose her words carefully. "I'm doing fine unnie"

 

 

 

Sunhwa looked at her with a strained smile but she could see see the disdain in the other girl's eyes. "But my brother isn't fine about what happened on your last date" 

 

 

 

She squeezed the Kim heiress hand a much tighter. "And everyone knows how much I hate it when my brother is upset"

 

I knew this was about Seungwoo.

 

 Jennie frownins slightly as she pulls her hand placing both on her lap. She looks at the older girl pointedly.

 

 

 

"Are you trying to meddle unnie? I know you're trying to be a good sister but as far as I know, what happened between us is just between us"

 

 

 

The older girl's smile falters and glared at the younger  "Look kid, I'm here for my brother and he likes you and I'll do anything to make him happy"

 

"Ha! That's hilarious unnie, do you think what you and your parents are making him do is making him happy?" Jennie asked. Sh

Please log in to read the full chapter