Chapter- 12

Let's play
Please log in to read the full chapter

Here's the next chapter ^^

∆∆∆

"So is there something wrong with me?" Just like she said she would, she visited the school's infirmary. She was sitting in one of the beds looking anxious.

 

When it was time for lunch she excused herself and told the others that she had to go get herself checked. Rosé went to worry-wort-friend mode and she told her that it was about time for her monthly check up. It earned her a questioning stares from Taeyong and Johnny.

 

"There's nothing wrong with you Miss Kim" The school's doctor Lee Jinki says amused, scanning through her medical file. The heiress has her lips in a thin line.

 

"There has to be" she says softly but the doctor hears it. Jennie was sure there was something abnormal going on with her. Even if she was becoming a stubborn brat she knew she was feeling something.

 

"Oh really?" The doctor sits on his desk "what have you been up to lately?"

She bits the inside of her cheek "well..." She pauses.

There's nothing wrong if I tell Jinki, he is a doctor after all.

 

She eyes the doctor waiting for her answer, he was a family friend, they've met when  she was still a freshman and he was already a  graduate, they became friends (miraculously) through a box of fried chicken.

 

"At certain times my heart rate has been slightly elevating" more like roadrunner fast.

"When does this happen?"

She looks down on her lap and thinks about when her symptoms act up.

It happens when Taeyong does something like when he laughs or smiles like an idiot when he's right against me and my stomach gets into knots or when he held my hand this morning.

 

"I see" Jennie looks up to see Jinki smiling at her teasingly then he let's out a laugh. "You're not sick you're just crushing on a boy, it's normal jenn"

 

She went bugged eyed when she realized that she has been talking out loud.

 

All she could say was "What?!"

••• ••• •••

Jennie was receiving weird looks from everyone she passed. She was muttering to herself and she was picking up pace until she was going onto a full on sprint in the hallway.

 

No! No! No! This can't be happening!

 

Me?!

 

Me crushing on TAEYONG?!

 

After Jinki's so called diagnosis she ran out the infirmary before yelling "You and Sunyoung have had too much coffee dates!" and on her way out she didn't look at her surroundings even bumping into Yuta who called out to her.

 

She can't believe this was happening. Was this the effect of playing girlfriend and boyfriend with Taeyong? She was crushing on the guy and this wasn't she planned. Crushing on your best friend's cousin. Typical.

 

She ends up in the seniors building again sitting in her usual space by the vending machine.

She takes deep breaths. She had  to think this through. Having a crush was a normal occurrence in a teens life. She and Taeyong never even established rules in their faux relationship. It was never said she couldn't have a tiny crush on him.

 

Before Taeyong she had liked dozens of other guys and like all those times of admiration it will fade away.

Yeah! Yeah! it will. I'm just exaggerating! This crush is temporary and so are these feelings

 

With new found assurance she stands up and walks herself to their next class.

••• ••• •••


After lunch she was able to ready for herself since Taeyong decided to skip their remaining classes. Rosé tells her that he reluctantly left halfway through lunch because of a call about his job.

 

Sometimes she forgets that the guy was still modeling for magazines. Whenever she saw Taeyong's face plastered in one, he was like a different person. He always looked so cool and chic. She muses how that's what she used to think of him. But he's actually quite a dork that was quite silly at times.

 

Lost in her own musings she doesn't hear that it was time for dismissal.

"Jenn? Are we leaving or not? Or are you waiting for prince charming to show up?" Rosé teases standing up from her side.

 

Her face turns pink and gives a sarca

Please log in to read the full chapter