Chapter 16

Let's play
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi friends! It's been forever! But thank you for waiting and subscribing. Here's chapter 16

××××

The weekends ended like a flash, Jennie wasn't exactly thrilled with the first day of the weekdays like almost everyone else, but this Monday she had someone to drive her to school since Taeyong and Johnny had agenda's of their own. Upon arriving at school it was the same as always. The whispers here and glares there, her (almost) daily petty banters with Sowon, the usual. 

 

Rosé was talking about her goldfish animatedly and she nods not knowing what to say. Then taller girl later points out the dark circles under her eyes. 


"Blame Pledis SuperStar, it was harder than it looked" she mumbles sleepily.

 

She woke up late because of the said new game that had released recently, some of her schoolmates were talking about it and she was curious and tried it out and it ended with her being frustrated with the game that she played till she was able to at least get a hang of the normal mode (just slightly). 


Rosé nods but excitedly said "I heard, Lee Jihoon from class 2 is pretty good at playing that game" 

 

Jennie rakes her memory of a Lee Jihoon. Then she remembers the Vice-president of the music club. The boy had a face that screamed adorable! With his petite frame and short black hair, everyone in school found him cute, but was actually a total savage. At least that's what she heard from others.

 

"How do they even do that?" She pouts. She at it but not as much the first time. Jennie was good at other things like academics, cooking, horseback riding and picking clothes, but games weren't her strong point. 

 

"I don't know, must be a gamer thing" Rosé responds ever so cheerful. The topic drops when the teacher comes in. When he takes attendance Jennie then realizes Taeyong wasn't there.

Where the hell is he?

••• ••• •••

When it was almost time for their last class that morning Taeyong finally shows in his P.E uniform that had a few girls sneaking glances. Making her frown but decides to ignore them and gives him a questioning look when he finally reaches he's seat behind them.

 

"Hey" he greets her and Rosé as he turns his chair so that he was facing her. 

 

Both girls looks at him oddly and he couldn't help but ask "What is there something in my face?"

 

Yeah, you're perfect face! You beautiful creation of the gods! 

Jennie shakes her head disturbed at her thoughts "Why aren't you wearing your uniform?"

 

Taeyong looks down at his current attire then scrunches his nose, Jennie swears that it was one of the cutest things ever. 

 

"The swimming team had a late welcoming ceremony for new members and I wasn't informed that we were supposed to be pushed into the swimming pool" 

 

Rosé laughs "Oh yeah! The clubs here have weird ways of initiations" she thinks for a second "When Jaehyun joined his club they also had an initiation but he never told me what and when it was, so I wasn't able to come"

 

Jennie snickers to herself at the memory of the said initiation. Jaehyun had to asked almost everyone in school to not take pictures of it and begged them to not let Rosé come with them. Her amused face didn't go unnoticed by Taeyong.

 

"What was it?" Taeyong brings his face close to hers as he whispers the question. Her breath hitched by the close proximity of his face. She was too occupied that Taeyong had to repeat the question.

 

"They had to play shirtless on his first practice game" Jennie whispers back.

 

"What?"

 

Jennie turns to Rosé in alarm. "Nothing, just saying that I won't be able to hangout with Taeyong after class with the council meeting" 


The look that Rosé gives her the impression that she wasn't buying it. Thankfully Taeyong backs up her lie. 

 

"Yeah, too bad" Taeyong makes a sad face at Rosé who has taken the bait. 

 

Jennie wasn't even fully lying since she had received a text from Sana who was the secretary about the said meeting.

 

"What's the meeting for by the way?" Taeyong asks her. 

 

"For the school's anniversary, Suho-sunbei was over the moon since a number of the student's  parents wanted to be sponsors for it this year" Jennie replies as she recalls the message she received that weekend from their president. 

 

"The three day celebration for the school is usually very busy, all classes do different activities even clubs, just to raise money for the school and mostly for charity" Rosé pipes in. 


"That sounds fun"

 

Jennie could practically see the spark of excitement in Taeyong's eyes and she nods.

 

"It is! The first day is for us students, last year we had a team race! It was tiring but fun" Rosé gushes. 

 

Jennie smiles uneasily last year she and Johnny almost broke a few bones due to their competitive nature but luckily nothing bad, just a ton of bruises and scratches.

 

After reminiscing about the past event the teacher shows up and starts the last class. 

••• ••• •••

Lunch was the same except that once again like every once in a while Yuta was missing in action which Jennie points out. 

 

"Where does he even disappear to?" 

She was answered with shrugs from the occupants of the lunch table. 

 

"We all know Nakamoto, we can't really comprehend what Yuta's next course of action most of the time" Johnny answers factly. 

 

"He's probably harassing poor Sicheng" Jaehyun guesse

Please log in to read the full chapter