Chapter 4: The Novian, Leona Sandra Hyperion

Extra Terrestrial Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica and Sooyoung couldn’t believe what they had just heard. Well, Sooyoung was in disbelief but she knew that Stephanie was being honest, however, Jessica was truly denial of what she had just heard. “Soo, she’s not taking this seriously, I’m calling Sunny.” Jessica had drawn her phone from her pocket in an instant, just like a revolver from sheriff's holster in a western movie. She had already begun dialing when Stephanie realized she wasn’t bluffing. “Yah! I’m telling the truth. Why is so easy for you to believe in magic, but not aliens? There’s much more scientific evidence to support life outside of earth than people who can fly using imaginary wings.” Stephanie scoffed.

“If you are an alien, why don’t you have a massive head for that advance brain? Why don’t you have huge bug-like eyes and where’s your spaceship?” It was now Stephanie’s turn to be dumbfounded by the sounds that entered her ears. She couldn’t hold back any longer, she had to physically facepalm herself because of what she had just heard escape from Jessica’s mouth. “Yah! All that stuff is what the government feeds to you. They make you believe aliens are weird creatures you would easily identify, so that when actual aliens appear you guys have no clue because they have human-like features. Think about it carefully Jessica, your planet is the only one within your solar system to support intelligent… hmm, maybe intelligent is a stretch.” Stephanie laughed. “Competent life, wouldn’t you think if there was another planet that harbored life out there that the life forms would look similar given the fact the human form was successful in evolution?” Stephanie asked.

“I have no idea what you just tried to explain…” Jessica admitted.
“Steph, how about you start from the beginning? Where are you from? Mars or maybe Venus?” Sooyoung asked.

“What? No, like I said before, earth is the only planet in your galaxy that holds life. I’m from a far away galaxy, born under the largest known sun in the universe. You know this sun as UY Scuti…”

“We do?” Jessica cut in.

“Well, your scientists have named it that. People from my planet called it Creator Prime.”

“Cree-A-tor Prime?” Jessica asked.

“Yah! Sica, stop butting in, let Steph tell her story.” Sooyoung snapped. As if a miracle had happened, the ice queen had finally withheld her icy blizzard from escaping . “As I was saying, my people called it Creator Prime, since it was the first star to be created by the divine of the stars and planets, Creator Han. Multiple planets circled this massive star, but only one harbored life and it was called Nova. Nova was my home planet, filled with technological marvels that you could only dream about. But the most mesmerizing thing was the lights, our star fed us endless supplies of power, but since our sun was so huge, realistically half of our year would be endless day and the rest would be shrouded in night. So, we had to construct our own day and night cycle by creating mechanisms that blocked off the sunlight after certain hours of the day then generated light similar to the sun depending on the time of year. But my favourite time was always the night when the mechanism would block the sun, there would be strings of lights scattered across the sky just like stars. It was truly beautiful, Novians eventually developed abilities to control light rays and studying light became a fine art.”
“So, that’s why you’re so good at lighting.” Jessica pointed out.

“Indeed, my parents, particularly my mother taught me most of what I know, while my father was more interested in teaching me combat.”

“This place sounds so cool, why would you bother leaving just to come to this dump?” Jessica laughed, but a dead silence followed her question. Stephanie cleared and prepared herself to continue her story. “Well, I didn’t have a choice. I was forced to come here because my planet was destroyed…” Even though Jessica had meant it as a joke, she knew that she had crossed the line there. She didn’t know that Stephanie’s entire home planet was gone, but if she had, she wouldn’t have made her last remark. “I… I’m sorry to hear that…” Jessica hung her head low in shame.

“It’s okay, it’s been eleven years. I’ve… I’ve learned to just accept it.” Stephanie smiled faintly.
“If you don’t mind me asking, what happened?” Sooyoung asked worriedly.

“Our technological advancements came at a cost. You see, after a few centuries we began to wonder if it were possible to extend our lives and my grandmother, one of the scientists of her time developed a way to replace our bodies with robotics. Turning us into androids made us last decades longer and once we learned how to preserve the youth of our mind, it became centuries of extension. Creator Han’s brother, Creator Set who was the divine of death and destruction, despised the fact we had found a loophole to death. He wanted us to pay for our meddling of the natural order, so he requested that Creator Han destroy the sun of our solar system. By now, Creator Han had multiple galaxies at his fingertips, so destroying one meant n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter