Chapter 22: Mr. Hyde's Plan: The Ultimate Warrior

Extra Terrestrial Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took merely three days before Commander Vol had fully assimilated his new identity as Hyde Jung. He was attending his board meetings, trading business information with powerful corporations and most of all constantly getting requests from various businesses and projects. One request that the real Hyde seemed to dismiss was from Dr. Jekyllin Kim. The new Hyde looked deeper into this brilliant woman and found countless reasons to revisit her investment proposal. She was only forty-five years of age but had already won and had been nominated for numerous, prestigious awards, all of which she had refused to receive during the award ceremonies. During one of her interviews, she stated “I have no time to attend such trivial gatherings with small minded men. I’m a woman of work, business and most of all science, the last thing I need is to waste time being handed an exaggerated paper weight.” It was clear this woman had one and only one goal, to succeed in her work, but what was her work? Hyde continued to dig, continued to investigate into this brilliant woman. Her past breakthroughs seemed to suggest that she had successfully created cybernetic implants powerful and efficient enough to replace human organs and limbs. She had saved countless lives and even gave people knew life such as war survivors and amputees by supplying them brand new legs. Her work was extraordinary, however her ambition seemed to grow faster than her investors were hoping. They wanted her to continue development of the limbs so that they could be cheap enough for commercial sales, so that everyday people could one day have access to enhance, robotic extremities and those in critical accidents would have ready supplies of fully functioning organ systems. However, Dr. Kim was much more concerned with prolonging the life of humanity through complete exchange of organic human organs and limbs for cybernetic ones. She wished to begin testing on human subjects, but the department of ethics continued to deny her proposals assessing them as completely inhumane. If she continued her work, she would be arrested for inhumane practice and medical malpractice.

 

But like stated before, Dr. Kim’s work was more important than anything, even the prospect of her going to prison, so she went behind the back of her investors and business partners and continued research of android systems. She conceived a son through a donor and used him as her own personal test subject. When word had gotten out about her project, her funding and assets were immediately frozen and she was no on the run from federal agencies along with her son. Her funding was running drier and drier through the months and she had no other options but to find funding from criminal organizations. They were very interested in her work, particular other countries trying to create war machines of the most powerful human beings, but she began to wonder, if other countries were after her work, the U.S. military would almost certainly want her project. Hyde Jung was known to have business partners within the military so she had made requests to him from an untraceable laptop. She was a criminal, but if she could strike a deal with the military, she could very well see those charges disappear and given immunity to assist in research and development for the U.S. military. The real Hyde Jung disagreed to harboring a fugitive, but her work was just what the new Hyde needed. He responded to Dr. Kim’s request and approved it, all was left was to seal the deal with an official meeting. It was if she had been waiting for the response because as soon as it was sent, she replied immediately. “A meeting can be organized, however, if you tip the police department with this meeting, my son will annihilate all of the men that try to arrest me. Believe me, he’s capable of such destruction, so what will it be, Hyde? Do I have your word for discretion?”

“Of course, Dr. Kim, your meeting with me will be completely covered. Bringing your child won’t be necessary, but you may wish to bring him for our business proposal, after all, he is dying, is he not?” He responded.

“How would you possibly know that? I haven’t written on his well being on any report.” She questioned.

“I know many things Dr. Kim, as well as suitable power replacement for your subject. Bring him in and I can show you your future work if you agree to work with me.”

 

The two of them had agreed to meet at his Big Bear Lake property. It was much more isolated from the public, the likelihood of her getting caught by authorities here were extremely slim. Once she had arrived she walked into his office with a tiny boy at arms-length of her. She didn’t hold his hand, she didn’t talk to him cutely, she showed no affection to him whatsoever. If it weren’t for him physically being there, you would think that he doesn’t even exist to her. “Alright Dean, go wait outside. We’re going to discuss your power core problems. If this man is correct about what he has been claiming, you may no be dead by next year.” She stated bluntly. The child was barely even ten years old and was sadly unphased by his mother’s cruelty. He had been suffering through this behavior for his entire life, it was just another day to him hearing his mother’s emotionless voice. He stood up from the chair that he had just sat on and found his way out. Hyde chuckled quietly to himself. “Something funny Mr. Jung?” She asked.

“Yes, your heartlessness is rather amusing.” He laughed.

“How I treat my child is none of your…” Hyde could see where this was going, he didn’t need to hear her pointless speech about raising her own child. He couldn’t care anymore than she did. “Look, Dr. Kim, I don’t care how you raise your son, or what you do or have done with him. You’re correct that it is none of my concern, so how about we just get to business?  Now, I’ve seen your work doctor, you truly are one of the brightest minds of this generation.”

“Cut the flattery, I sent a request to you weeks ago, why the sudden interest now?” Dr. Kim asked.

“Simple really, I’ve had a… you could say a change of heart.” He laughed. “More importantly, it had come to my attention that your work would not only benefit me, but I could also benefit you with your work. It would be a win-win scenario if you agreed to work with me, you could achieve everything you had ever imagined and much, much more.” Hyde enticed her.

“Oh please, you want immortality, don’t you? Well, get in line. I don’t need another pathetic rich man trying to buy my services and just get in my way. What I need is funds from someone who will let me work in peace.” Dr. Kim argued.

“Ahh, I understand your skepticism, you believe I’m just another uninformed, rich and powerful man trying to reach eternal life, but no that’s not what’s going on here. That’s merely part of the proposal.” He smiled. “You see, I understand your work more than anyone, in fact I had seen countless beings who have the technology you’re desperately trying to develop.” Hyde continued.

“How is that possible? I’m the only researcher on earth even close to a perfect android?” Dr. Kim questioned.

“Yes… on earth… but I didn’t say earth, did I?” Dr. Kim scoffed and stood abruptly at his absurd suggestion.

“I have no time for your ridiculous antics, Mr. Jung. If you’re here to propose in extra terrestrial beings, I have better places to be.” She picked up her bag and was steps away from the door until Hyde retrieved a box from his desk and exposed it to her. An absurd amount of heat was released when the box had been opened and inside lay a glowing blue system. The box seemed to be fitted with heat shields and vents, constantly alleviating the extreme heats being emitted from the power core. “Is that… no… that’s not possible… how did you…” Dr. Kim had dropped her bag to the ground and her emotionless face had finally found it’s first expression, shock.

“This isn’t made by my people, in fact, I hate the people who created this, however, this is precisely what you need to keep your subject alive. A fully functioning, cold fusion generator.” He stated.

“That’s not possible, even if you somehow managed to generate that energy, what material could pos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter