Chapter 28: Fallen Angel

Extra Terrestrial Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Stephanie had no idea where to go from here, she couldn’t tell which way was up or down, left or right. She felt stuck in an endless moment of torture a moment that stretched out of hundreds and thousands of moments that were slowly her very will to carry on her life. A squad of men approached from the staircase, their steps hard, fast and swift as they closed in on Stephanie’s location. Before she knew it a group of men erupted through the door and had their sights aimed right at Stephanie. “Put your hands up!” The squad yelled. Stephanie looked around, the brigade of men formed a small circle around her and Taeya’s lifeless body. Soon enough a pair of helicopters also appeared onto the roof and Stephanie was completely surrounded. This didn’t phase her at all, she knew she would take no harm from their pathetic weaponry, but Taeya… She didn’t want to leave the poor girl’s body there, she didn’t want to leave her against the cold concrete roof. She needed a proper burial, a funeral to acknowledge the amazing woman she was… but Stephanie couldn’t. Stephanie was very much bulletproof, but Taeya was not if she attempted to move the body away from this squad it was highly possible that Taeya’s would get shot in the process. She was already dead, but Stephanie couldn’t let them desecrate the corpse. She already failed to protect her; she didn’t want to be the reason why she didn’t receive a proper funeral. “I’m… sorry…” She sighed. She slowly let go of her beloved Taeya and faced the shining light of the helicopters. “Hands on your head and come quietly!” one of the men approached through the squad with a pair of handcuffs. “Nova, you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law…” But before he could finish arresting Stephanie, she grabbed him tightly and showed the men she couldn’t be shot. “GO ON THEN! SHOOT! SHOOT IF YOU WANT ONE OF YOUR MEN TO FALL TONIGHT.” Stephanie threatened. The men hesitated for a second before their commanding officer that Stephanie was holding hostage finally spoke. “Take the shot! If you got one take it!” He commanded. Stephanie slowly whispered in his ear and told him how futile his plan was. “I’m sure you know that bullets don’t do anything to me, are you trying to kill yourself,” Stephanie questioned.
“You must bleed, anything that bleeds can die.” He scoffed.
“You’re not wrong, but your standard issue rifles will never even get a cut from me.”
“You’ll never win you know, Hyde’s got everyone in his pocket. Your lose is inevitable.” The man whispered. Stephanie looked around to the crowd of law enforcers, every single one of them was being paid by Hyde. They were all scum in a corrupted city, a city that has been plagued by Hyde’s influence. The very site of this continued to burn rage into Stephanie’s burning heart, was she even making a difference? She had taken gang members off of the streets, punished them for their poor life choices, but if the people enforcing the law were also part the dark side of Los Angeles, was there even hope that the city would ever be saved? Stephanie had enough, she knew that no one could be trusted now, not the police, not the system, she had to take matters into her own hands. Do whatever it takes to stop them. Stephanie shoved the man into the surrounding SWAT team and flared her hair as bright as she could possibly make it. Every single man on that roof had been blinded, their eyes burnt at the site of Stephanie’s dazzling hair. She took a huge leap to the ground floor and the helicopters were trying their best to keep up with her, but her leaps were too unpredictable for them to keep track. She successfully lost the law enforcers but had no clue where to go from here. “What do I do… where do I go… oh …” Stephanie cried. 
“What’s Dean going to… he’s going to kill me… But I have to tell him, this is all my fault…” Stephanie held her tears back and prepared herself to see Dean.
Stephanie slowly wedged the apartment door open, fists still bleeding from the barrage of punches she had thrown at Hyde’s diamond plated torso. Before Stephanie had finished opening the door, Dean had already run out and grabbed her, but not in the way she had prepared for. He grabbed her with a strong embrace and shut the door behind her. He was crying, completely drenching her shoulder with tears, of all the things she was expecting this was not one of them. She was expecting Dean to kill her, to rip her a new one for letting his only family die… but he was broken… just like her. “I’m… I’m glad you’re okay Steph…” He cried.
“But, Taeya… she…”
“I know. The helicopters, they were… we saw everything.” Dean sighed.
“Stephanie, I’m so sorry.” Bora frowned. “I know how you must be feeling right now, to lose the one you love…”
“Let’s get him.” Stephanie scoffed.
“What?” Dean pulled away and wiped his tears from his eyes. “What did you just say?” Dean asked once more.
“I said, let’s get him. Once and for all. I’m going to make that son of a pay for what he did.” 
“And how exactly are you going to do that?” Stephanie attempted to grab the diamond blade from her side, but she remembered she didn’t retrieve it from Taeya’s grip. She was too overwhelmed by what had happened. “Well I don’t have it here, I’ll go get the blade from the police evidence locker and then we’ll go kill…” 
“Kill? Are you insane Stephanie!?” Alright, this was more the reaction she was preparing herself for earlier. “Stephanie you saw what he did, he just killed her. You really think going after him is going to make any difference? Not to mention the fact you blinded over a dozen men on that roof. Permanently blind Stephanie, now you’re going to kill? Even if it’s Hyde, I can’t let you do that.” Dean protested.
“Are you kidding me? He killed your sister, my best friend, the only person that I’ve ever loved on this godforsaken planet! And you’re telling me not to go over there and rip his head off of his ing body?” Stephanie questioned.
“Exactly Steph, he killed Taeya, what makes you think he won’t kill you too? I’ve already lost her, I can’t lose you as well.” 
“ME? You never cared about me?” Stephanie retorted.
“You may think I’ve been cruel to you Steph, but I’ve always thought of you as a sister. I was much harsher on you than Taeya because you have the powers to change this world, you can’t use your powers for dark deeds…”
“And why not? After everything, Hyde has done to me? Why the should I show any consideration for his pathetic life? He’s kidnapped my friends, still has one of them in his ing possession and because of that my other best friend left me because she didn’t have faith I could win. Taeya was the last thing I had Dean… she was my world… AND HE TOOK IT AWAY FROM ME!!!”
“So what are you going to do? Run at him kill him in my little sister's name? You’re going to use her as an excuse to kill him. No Steph, I’m not going to let you do that.” Stephanie stared in hor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter