Chapter 1: Meet the... Lonely Lighting Designer?

Extra Terrestrial Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*11 Years Later in Downtown Los Angeles*

 

The room, like it had always been for the past month, was pitch black. Blinds were shut tight, curtains curled around the window frame and the light bulbs cold from lack of use. It was impossible to see anything within the room, but the smell, now that was a different story. The pungent odor of spilt whiskey haunted the room like a foul ghostly aura as it constantly shifted from one end to another. In most cases, this room was a death bed a final resting place of someone who had given up on life. Any normal human would have died by now, but Stephanie wasn’t a normal human. In fact, she wasn’t human at all. Don’t take it the wrong way, she definitely did intend this to be her deathbed, but the booze from Earth just wouldn’t affect her. She had heard of its ability to change a person’s perspective on life and had been drinking it ever since, but nothing had changed. She was still just as miserable, lonely and defeated as she had ever been in her entire life. What would she do? Should she honestly just give up? Lay there in the darkness for all eternity? Why not? After all, it’s not like anyone would miss her. She closed her eyes once more, completely satisfied with giving up on life for the hundredth time that day, but alas, all things come to an end sooner or later.

 

THUD, THUD, THUD!!!

 

“Ms. Hwang! Ms. Hwang!! STEPHANIE! OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR! I know you’re in there.”

“Ugh, go away!!” Stephanie moaned from beneath her pillow.

“Don’t make me open the door, I know you hate that! So, hurry up and open it yourself.” The angry man said.

“Ugh, fine. Geez, you’re so annoying…” Stephanie finally stood up, but since she hadn’t moved her legs for a long time, she instantly came crashing down. CRASHHHHHH! Stephanie had stood up once again, but when she glanced back at the floor, she winced at the sight of the massive crater she left in her floor boards. “Oh … best not let him in here I guess.” She scratched her head. She finally managed to pick herself up and answer the door, the man who waited wasn’t amused. “Yah! Stephanie where’s this months rent!!” Mr. Lee yelled.

“Oh, a month past by already? , went faster than the last month.” Stephanie chuckled.

“What is that sme… Stephanie, have you been drinking?” Mr. Lee asked in disappointment.

“Well, if I had been drinking, would I be able to walk and talk so fluently?” Stephanie pointed out.

“Hmm, then what’s causing that extremely strong smell of alcohol?” Mr. Lee questioned.

“Don’t mind that, it’s just the… umm… left over beer spills from the party.” Stephanie lied.

“Good one Ms. Hwang, but you and I both know you don’t have parties. Now enough with th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter