Chapter 6: Three Years Ago

Extra Terrestrial Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny focused on Stephanie’s memories and was immediately transported back to Stephanie’s apartment three years in the past. Sunny could see everything as if she were there in the moment, but no one could see her. Stephanie from three years ago appeared the same as the present one, only her hair was slightly shorter and a deeper wine red. A taller man with jet black hair entered the apartment and seemed to scan the room for something. When his eyes couldn’t connect to anything within the apartment, his eyes instead gravitated towards Stephanie who was fully dressed and just about to leave. “What are you all dressed up for?” Dean questioned.
“Umm, nothing just, you know, going to the mall. Girl stuff…” Stephanie said nonchalantly.

“And where’s Taeya?” Dean asked and again began to scan the room for his little sister.

“Oh, she went to the mall first.” Stephanie quickly grabbed her back and was about to rush out when Dean stood in her way.

“Why would she go to the mall without you? She doesn’t have many friends besides you and you don’t have any friends at all, besides her. So, what is it you’re not telling me, Steph?” Dean questioned.

“Come on Dean, lighten up. She just went to the mall and I have to go meet up with her, so…” Dean stopped Stephanie once again and looked at the time. The look of confusion on Dean’s face was slowly turning into anger. “Don’t tell me… you didn’t… DID YOU SIGN HER UP FOR THE AUDITION?” Dean screamed.

“Yah! Don’t yell at me! And even if I did. What the hell are you going to do about it?” Stephanie retorted.
“Steph, you know as well as I do it’s not safe for her to do this. Being famous, having the spotlight on her will be too risky. She’ll be discovered and then…”

“Ugh, calm down Dean, stop being such a ! The only thing that’s going to be discovered is her unmatched vocal power and passionate dancing. Nothing else! She’s done so many tests before and all of them have had the same result, human. Dean, you have nothing to worry about. Her abilities aren’t exactly physical. She can’t lift a car, make her hair insanely bright or go invisible. Honestly, for all we know, she might not even have powers and she’s been lying to us this whole time. There’s no real evidence she actually has powers besides us taking her word for it. In that case, there’s nothing for people to discover other than her amazing talent. So, if that’s all you’re worried about, then there’s nothing stopping this audition. Bye!” Stephanie pushed past Dean lightly, but even that was enough to force him to the ground. Stephanie had no intention of being that harsh, but she didn’t bother apologizing. “Just make sure both of you go home together! Don’t stay out too late.” Dean shouted just before the front door slammed.

 

Stephanie had made it just in time to see Taeya’s audition and she was phenomenal. She sang two songs by one of Korea’s most popular singers. She first sang “I” to showcase her powerful vocals and breath control, then later performed “Why” to demonstrate her passionate dancing and pure joy of music. She did great, almost perfect and Stephanie was so proud of her girl… best friend. The rest of the singers finished up their performances and the small showcase was over. Taeya wouldn’t receive any notification of acceptance until a few days time. Regardless of that, Stephanie wanted to celebrate Taeya’s first public performance and she waited patiently for her best friend outside of her changing room. Stephanie knocked on the door first and was about to turn the knob when her face was flushed with red at the thought of interrupting Taeya mid-change.

 

*In Stephanie’s mind*

“Hey Taeya, do you wanna…” Stephanie opened the door to see Taeya wearing nothing but her blue lingerie. Taeya instantly covered her exposed body and couldn’t even speak because of the embarrassment. “HOLY … I’M SORRY!” Stephanie backed away, but not before taking a mental note.

 

“This girl is a real …” Sunny giggled.

 

*Back to normal*

Stephanie shook her head. “No, I won’t be a right now. I want to congratulate her, no need to be creepy about it.” Her hand left the knob and instead, she decided to talk through the door. “Hey, Taeya! You did great out there! When you’re done getting ready, let’s go get something to eat, okay? My treat.” Stephanie said but received no response. “Well, I’ll wait out here. Hurry up, okay?” She shrugged the fact Taeya didn’t respond and went to sit just outside the changing room. Thirty minutes had passed, and Stephanie was becoming very concerned with the lack of response. Taeya didn’t have a phone, so there was no way to check up on her outside of the changing room, but Stephanie knew by now something wasn’t right. She got up and turned the doorknob, but the door had been locked from the inside. Stephanie looked around the hallway to see if anyone was approaching and once she had seen the coast was clear, she over turned the knob, snapping it off and unlocking the door. When she opened the door, she wasn’t met with a half-dressed beauty, in fact, she wasn’t met by anyone, the room was empty. All that remained was Taeya’s backpack and on further inspection, the window of Taeya’s room was wide up. Stephanie focused on the glass, tracing the light that was passing through it. Throughout most of the glass, the light past through perfectly fine until she reached the corner of the window. She discovered fingerprints pressed against the glass from the outside. “Oh … oh , oh , oh !!” Stephanie immediately jumped out the window, trying her best to find any sign of her best friend. But there was nothing. She had no lead, no means to contact Taeya, she did the logical thing, tell her older brother, Dean.

 

Stephanie leaped her way home as fast as she could, she had no idea where to even begin explaining what happened, so she simply started by frantically repeating Dean’s name over and over again. “DEAN, DEAN, DEAN, DEAN, DEAN!!” Stephanie panicked as she burst through the door completely out of breath. Dean was mindlessly cooking in the kitchen preparing dinner he believed would be for his baby sister and Stephanie. However, when he saw the panicked expression on Stephanie’s face, his own worries began to grow. “What’s wrong with you?” Dean looked around Stephanie, hoping to see his baby sister trailing behind her. But when no sign of Taeya appeared, a frown had taken over his expression. “Where’s Taeya? I thought you said you would bring her home?”

“Dean, I… I don’t know where she is… I was waiting for her at her changing room…”

“Wait, what?? What do you mean you don’t know where she is?” Dean’s voice was beginning to strengthen, rage was on it’s approach.

“As… I was saying… I was waiting for her outside her changing room and she was taking a while. Next thing I know I opened the door and she was gone. Her stuff was still left behind, but she wasn’t anywhere to be seen. The only thing I noticed were finger prints from outside the window” Stephanie explained. Yep, the rage had reached Dean’s eyes, he was furious at the new he had just been given. “I told you Steph! I told you!! I told you putting her out there was far too risky and look what happens, she’s disappeared. You let her go, without my approval and look what happened?” Dean screamed.

“Yah! Don’t blame all of this on me. How could I have known this would happen? You said ‘if she got famous’ it would be a risk. This was just an audition, how was I supposed to know someone would go crazy for her already??” Stephanie retorted.

“Are you serious, Steph? You took responsibility for this situation when you decided to sign her up behind my back and sneak her out. This was entirely your idea! For once in your life take responsibility for your actions.” Dean screamed in frustration. Stephanie knew what he said was true, but being the proud woman, she was, she simply didn’t respond and stared back at him coldly. “Ugh, we need to do something. I’ll call the police.” Dean picked up the phone, but Stephanie had other plans. However, just like in the morning, Dean had cut her off from leaving the house. “And where do you think you’re going, exactly?” Dean questioned.

“I’m taking responsibility. I’m gonna find her myself, now get out of the way.” Stephanie scoffed.

“Stephanie, you’ve already done enough damage today. Just stay here and wait for the police, it’s the best option we have.” Dean stated.

“The police? Are you kidding? I can search the whole city ten times faster than they can and you know it. So, let me go, I can bring her back.”

“I’ve already lost one of you today, please just stay here, Steph.”

“You don’t have to worry about me. I’m bulletproof remember? Geez, you should be more worried about your sister. She’s out there alone, helpless, she needs me Dean and I’m going to go after her.”
“Stephanie just stop! Look at you, you’re in too deep right now. You’re not thinking clearly and you’re just going to run out there looking for Taeya? I’m not worried about you, Steph, I’m worried about everyone else. You being reckless with all your abilities isn’t going to help this situation. The police will come here, we’ll tell them what happened and they’ll send teams to search for her. We’ll get her back, Steph, just…”

“Do you even care about her at all? I can go get her right now and you don’t even seem remotely excited.”

“I do care for her, but you care way too much. That passion you have for her is going to get someone hurt, you need to control your…” Before Dean could finish his sentence, Stephanie had barged through him once again. “Steph! Don’t you dare leave!!! Stephanie!!!” SLAM.

 

Stephanie did have a plan, an ability that she used to use when playing hide and seek with Taeya was on the top of her list, but she had to know what she was looking for. Was she taken and dragged away? Or was she throne into a car? Or maybe a van? Stephanie was missing key details on the abduction, so there was only one place to go, back to the crime scene. She returned to the changing room where Taeya had once been and went outside the window. She took a much mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter