Chapter 5: Mind Vs. Muscle

Extra Terrestrial Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Umm, what with?” Sunny asked.

“I thought you could read minds? Don’t you already know?” Jessica questioned.

“I try to ask first before I read people’s minds, but if you prefer… Ahh, I see.” Sunny sighed.

“Whoa, that was quicker than I thought.” Jessica laughed.

“Jess, have you thought about giving the girl some space? Seems like she’s already answered enough of your questions today?” Sunny questioned.

“Yeah, I know, that’s why I’m asking you to come over, it’s not like you can get here in less than a few hours. So, when you’re free can you come and talk to her?” Jessica asked.

“Sure, in three days-time I’ll come over and talk to her. For now, let her be and you and Soo should rest anyway rest. Especially, you Jess, not everyone gets abducted and spends half the day tied up. You need to rest.” Sunny suggested.

“Alright, see you then. Take care.” Jessica wished her friend goodbye and explained what she had said to Sooyoung. The couple decided it was best to let Stephanie be, who knows, maybe before Sunny comes, she would decide to tell them what happened. But just before Jessica headed to sleep, she gave one last knock on Stephanie’s door. Knock, knock. “Steph, I’m… I’m sorry if I pushed you too hard. And, I never got to properly thank you for saving me today. You’re a real hero.” Jessica had no clue if Stephanie was listening, or even awake, but she meant every word. Lucky for her, Stephanie was still sitting at the foot of the door and heard every word the ice princess had mentioned. “I’m no hero…” Stephanie sighed. Stephanie had given up on that possibility when she lost her best friend. Being a hero was no longer in the cards for her, at least, that’s what she believed.

 

Stephanie was tired, not physically, just emotionally. She hadn’t talked about her true identity, nor revealed her powers in a long time. It was strange how she didn’t feel worried at all about Jessica and Sooyoung leaking her alien past to the government or even to some crazy, online alien lover. She felt this urge to trust them, but no matter how much she tried, the words would never leave . Talking about Taeya, about losing he best-friend hurt too much. It was bad enough that she spent almost all her waking moments remembering that night, so talking about it only added to that pain. Stephanie was so emotionally drained from Jessica’s questions that she didn’t even bother to crawl to bed. She stayed right there, behind the door and drifted off to sleep. A few hours past and she would be lying if she said she was comfortable where she was. “This door is so hard, maybe I should just get to bed.” She braced herself and tried to calculate the perfect amount of force she would need to push her whole body onto the bed, without breaking the door or the floor. Every way she could image all lead to destroying furnishings, so it was probably best to just crawl. Stephanie was about to make her way to her comfy beddings when a large orange circle randomly appeared in her room. The bright light exposed everything, her scattered whiskey bottles, her tear stained shirt and most of all, her running mascara. “What the hell…” Stephanie was about to touch the orange circle until two ladies appeared through it. The tallest one had blonde hair and seemed to be holding two sticks, one orange and one pink in each hand, while the shortest had nothing special, but Stephanie couldn’t help but admire her large chest. “I wouldn’t look too long, she’s married.” Said the blonde girl.

“Umm, who the hell are you guys? And how the did you get in my room?” Stephanie was going to yell until she remembered she wasn’t alone in the apartment anymore. The orange circle dissipated and darkness enveloped the room once more. Stephanie was going to turn on the lights when a different circle, a white one this time, had appeared on the floor, giving the room a soft glow. It wasn’t too bright, but it was enough to see the two strangers again which was the only thing on Stephanie’s mind. “So, you two going to talk?” Stephanie questioned.

“Sorry, was just… really fascinated by you. Not every day you meet an alien after all, but where are my manners. Hi, I’m Soonkyu Kwon, but please call me Sunny because I hate when people call me Soonkyu.” She laughed.

“You don’t hate it when Yuri says it?” The other girl questioned.
“Yah! You know that’s different.” Sunny blushed.

“And in case you were wondering, I’m Hyoyeon Kim, nice to meet you.” Hyoyeon reached her hand over to Stephanie, with one of her sticks still in hand.  “Oops, sorry, there.” Hyoyeon handed her stick over to the other hand so that she could shake Stephanie’s properly. Stephanie hesitated to begin with but didn’t want to seem rude to her new guests. “You’re the Sunny Jess keeps talking about then?” Stephanie questioned.

“Yeah, she told… well, she didn’t tell me, I had to read her mind cause she was too lazy to tell me.” Sunny smiled.

“While you guys talk I’m gonna go lie down, teleporting honestly takes a huge toll.” Hyoyeon jumped up onto Stephanie’s bed and closed her eyes immediately.

“Teleporting? She’s a magician too? So, those sticks must be wands!” Stephanie was stunned, “I thought there were only four of you…”

“There’s five, well, six if you want to include me. I’m kind of a new age magic, but enough about us, I’m here for you.” Sunny smiled. “Jess told me you have something eating your soul away, something tearing your heart out and destroying your life. Something that toxic needs to be conquered and hiding in your room, downing gallons of alcohol won’t change anything.” Sunny began.

“Save it, alright, I’ve heard it all before. Every pep talk I can possibly imagine has been said and it won’t ever change what happened. You probably already know what I did by now, and you know it’s unforgivable.” Stephanie scoffed.

“Actually, I prefer not invading privacy without permission. If you don’t want to let me read your mind, I won’t.” Stephanie was intrigued by what she had just heard. Sunny could easily reach into her mind and know everything about her, know exactly how she thinks and feels, but still puts Stephanie’s opinion as a top priority. If this were Jessica, Stephanie knew by now that she would have rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter