Chapter 11: A New Lead

Extra Terrestrial Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Stephanie leaped out she had one destination in mind. She safely landed on the building across the diner and took her seat, as usual, while she watched over Taeya. Every time she saw her she expected something different, her hair to change, her style to change, at the very least her height, but nope, she was still exactly the same as when they were still best friends. Still the same tiny girl with a massive heart. She was always a great worker at the diner, even though she was kind of clumsy, she was always great with customer service. People loved her, there was nothing to hate because she had such a pure heart, which is probably why Stephanie couldn’t let her go. No matter how much time had passed between them, she would always come back to Taeya and only Taeya. After all, she was the one human being that truly accepted her for who she was. Aside from Stephanie’s new found friends, the only humans that had ever known about her alien origins were Taeya, Dean and the hacker that gave Stephanie a normal identity. Dean had never particularly been fond of Stephanie’s origins and the hacker that Stephanie met years ago only kept her secret because she was a “businesswoman” who believed in client confidentiality. As long as she was paid, she would do her business with anyone. Taeya was the one person who saw past her heritage and saw the person that she was. She didn’t look at the birthplace, nor the abnormal abilities, she only cared about the person Stephanie was on the inside. The sun was dropping now, and it was about time to truly test the capabilities of her new suit. She gave one last glance to Taeya before she jumped up off the building and back towards the storehouse where the van was said to be held. But just before she left, someone managed to catch a glimpse of her massive leap. “Got you this time, Stephie.” Taeya smiled.

 

“So, that’s where you disappear to during the weekends.” Jessica laughed. Stephanie had completely forgotten that her sunglasses streamed whatever she could see. She was, however, relieved at the fact Jessica couldn’t see her blushing face. “I may not be able to see your face, but I can see your heart rate going up. Sunny really did put all the bells and whistles into this.” Jessica laughed harder.

“Yah! Stop teasing me. If you couldn’t see Soo every day I bet you would crash her basketball practice every day if you had a chance.” Stephanie retorted.

“True, but it’s cute to see how much you care about Taeya. That’s why it’s so funny to tease you! she’s the only one that makes your heart race.” Jessica reasoned. “She is cute by the way, and what is it with L.A. and having doppelgangers of my friends? She looks exactly like Taeyeon.” Jessica stated.

“We’re older than you guys, you’re our doppelgangers,” Stephanie smirked.

“Yeah, yeah whatever. What’s the plan now? Heading back home?” Jessica asked.

“Got one more stop to take.” Stephanie arrived at the storehouse and the gang members she had beat up from last night had been replaced with a new batch of recruits. She busted in through the roof and showed off her fancy new suit to the stunned gangsters. “Damn it, man, I just fixed that roof.” One of the Blazers complained.

“When I’m done, you’re gonna need to fix a lot more than just the roof.” Stephanie threatened. Like usual, gunfire rained upon her, also like usual, she tanked every single bullet. The biggest difference was clear that her new threads wouldn’t be breaking any time soon. Each bullet that squashed against her skin was pushed right off the infidex material. It couldn’t even leave a scratch. Stephanie took them all out easily, she then took a look around every possible nook and cranny of the storehouse and couldn’t find anything suspicious yet again. “Jess, I can’t anything here. There’s literally nothing here.” Stephanie sighed.

“Well, maybe you should stop using your eyes and use your head.” Stephanie could hear typing through the earpiece and when Jessica finished, her sunglasses completely changed its view. The building’s walls became transparent and instead, she could see the wireframe view of the building. “What did you just do?” Stephanie asked.

“Sunny gave me a list of useful commands to help you out. Right now you’re seeing the wireframe of the building and according to this, there’s a basement that’s closed off from every room on the inside.” Jessica explained.

“On the inside? Meaning…”

“Meaning, go outside and go into the shed. There should be a staircase leading down.” Jessica informed her.

“Wow, you really sound like you know what you’re doing Jess. Maybe I need to give you a codename for your good work. How about Ice ? Really has no relation to your computer work, but fits your personality perfectly.” Stephanie teased.

“No codenames! When you get back home I’m going to teach you all the voice commands so I don’t have to activate them manually. I’m not gonna become your hacker Steph, I have much more important jobs to do, like the fashion show. How are you going with that by the way?” Jessica asked suddenly.

“Now’s not really the right time to…” Before Stephanie could finish her sentence, she barged through the doorway in the hidden basement area and sent the door flying straight into one of the armed men. The last man in the room was so surprised, he couldn’t even get a shot off and instead charged at Stephanie with full force. Stephanie’s reactions were far superior and knocked him out safely to avoid further conflict. “Jess, turn off the wireframe view.” Once it was shut down, Stephanie finally had a good look at the secret basement. It wasn’t special, just a woman in a chair by a computer. Stephanie slowly walked over to her as she found it strange that this woman had yet to react to the two unconscious men. Stephanie reached the seated woman, only to find her faced masked, her hands tied and a bomb strapped to her chest that was counting down from four minutes. “Oh !” Stephanie said.

“Oh, is ing right, what the hell are you going to do??” Jessica asked worriedly.

“Jess, can you give me a view to read her vitals?” Jessica quickly typed in the command which displayed the woman’s current health status. She had been knocked out, but she wasn’t physically harmed in any way. Seems like she was drugged to keep quiet. Stephanie released her constraints from the chair and slowly carried her outside to the shed, being careful not to touch the bomb in any way. “Jess please tell me there’s some sort of bomb disposal view I can use to get rid of this??” Stephanie questioned.

“Sunny is good, but she’s not that good.” Jessica answered.

“… alright I’ve got a plan.” Stephanie said.
“Well, hurry up, you only have two minutes left.”  Jessica hurried. Stephanie slowly unlatched the buckles holding the bomb jacket onto the woman and once it was successfully off the woman Stephanie placed it on herself instead. “Steph, I know you’re bulletproof or whatever, but that’s a ing bomb! Do you really think you can survive? And even if you do, that thing is still going to destroy that surrounding houses.” Jessica exclaimed.

“How far is the radius? Can you examine the bomb and find out??” Stephanie questioned.

“According to the glasses, the explosion radius of this explosive is sixty-five feet. The whole block of houses is in danger Steph! There’s only thirty seconds left!!”
“Sixty-five feet? That’s easy.” Stephanie smiled.

“What? What the hell are you…” Before Stephanie could explain her plan, she jumped as high as she possibly could into the air. From a single leap alone, she could get to over a hundred feet, but it was her timing that was a little off. She had reached the peak of her jump, but the bomb had yet to go off. “! You should’ve jumped later than that!!” Jessica screamed.

“Don’t… worry…” Stephanie quickly took off the jacket as she hurtled back towards the ground and it upwards as hard as she could. Her throw was just enough to bring the explosion clear of the houses, but it didn’t go unseen nor unheard from the surrounding residences. She safely landed back down to the ground and took the woman away before the authorities could arrive. “Where are you taking her? The hospital?” Jessica asked.

“Nope, I’m taking her to our apartment,” Stephanie answered.

“Umm… why would you do that??” Jessica questioned.

“They put all that effort into hiding her and even more effort trying to kill her. She must be valuable to them and if she’s valuable to them, she may also have valuable information for us.” Stephanie explained.

“What makes you think you can bring her here? We don’t even know her.” Jessica asked.

“We can trust her. Trust me.” Stephanie assured.

 

Stephanie arrived back home with the unconscious girl still hung over her right shoulder. The rest of the crew gathered around her and she noticed that absences

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter