Chapter 10: Getting an Upgrade

Extra Terrestrial Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stephanie made her way over to the final storehouse where the white van was claimed to be stationed. But once she got there she saw no sign of the van, not even any cars. She stormed in like she usually did and took out all the petty thugs to discover the house held nothing, not a single thing. No drugs, no lab, and not even any money. It was strange, the men were clearly placed there for some reason and the only assumption she could make was the van currently out. If the van wasn’t there, it could already be out searching for another target. Stephanie waited until the morning, hoping to catch a glimpse of the van that was presumably parked here, but no sign of it either. It was safe to say Stephanie had run out of leads that night and returned home. It was the weekend, she would go visit Taeya like usual, but before that, she wanted to get a little sleep to revitalize herself. She snuck into her room from the window and crawled into her bed ready to take a few hours of snooze but seems like Sunny had other plans. An orange rune appeared in her room once again. Just like a few days ago and Sunny and Hyoyeon had appeared through the bright rune. Stephanie was too tired, she didn’t want to be disturbed anymore so she continued to sleep even with them present in the room. “I know you’re awake, I can read your mind remember.” Sunny laughed.

“Go away, come back in… like five hours…” Stephanie groaned.

“I can’t, I promised Jessica I would be here early in the morning. So, here I am.” Sunny explained.

“Then go to her room. Speaking of, do you guys never use doors? Or at least the living room? Why do you always have to teleport into my room…” Stephanie sighed.

“Steph, you and I both know how Jessica is in the morning. I can’t wake her up without her giving me a black eye, but you can since you can’t get black eyes.” Sunny stated.

“You’re basically saying you’re too scared to wake Jessica up, even though it was her idea for you to come early in the first place. I don’t see how this is my job? I’m so tired Sunny, I’ve been up all night going to storehouses, getting shot, being pretty much because after my hoodie was destroyed, my bra was also shot…”

“Okay, okay too much info.” Sunny cut her off. “Come on, just wake up Jess and we can get started.” Stephanie brought her hand out from beneath the covers and held a fist towards Sunny.

“You’re not serious, are you?” Sunny smiled. Stephanie said nothing and continued to hold her fist towards Sunny. “You know you’ll lose, there’s no possible way you can win when I can read your mind.” Stephanie remained silent.

“Fine. Rock, paper scissors…” Sunny read Stephanie’s mind and knew she was going to pick scissors, but with a last second change to rock, Stephanie hoped that she could trick Sunny. It was obviously in vain, but she wasn’t exactly in a clear state of mind considering how tired she was. Sunny picked paper, Stephanie chose rock and the winner was clear. “Go wake her up then.” Sunny commanded. Stephanie rolled out of bed, sending massive quakes surging through the building.  “Ugh, fine…”

 

Stephanie, Sunny and Hyoyeon snuck into Jessica and Sooyoung’s room and slowly approached the ice princess. Both of them were extremely heavy sleepers, so sneaking in wasn’t really necessary, but could never be too safe. Stephanie finally arrived next to Jessica and nudged her quickly on the shoulder. There wasn’t a response. Stephanie pushed her harder this time and Jessica still didn’t bother to wake up. “I think she’s dead,” Hyoyeon stated.

“When she’s sleeping, she’s pretty much dead, but I guarantee you the first person to wake her up is going to get punched in the face.”

“At this rate, it doesn’t seem like anything is going to wake her up anyway,” Hyoyeon stated. Stephanie didn’t want to resort to this method, but she was getting impatient as well. She just wanted Jessica to wake so she could get this over with. “Jess, I made you a sandwich.” Jessica’s brow slightly twitched at the thought of a sandwich. “Hold out your hand, I’ll give it to you.” Jessica slowly slithered her hand out to Stephanie.

“Is she still not awake??” Hyoyeon asked.

“Nope, this girl has a gift. I’m reading her mind and she’s still dreaming. Her body is reacting outside of her own thought. Sandwich must be a strong trigger word for her.” Sunny suggested.

“Not as strong as this.” Stephanie smiled. “I’m lowering it on to your hand, oh, by the way, I put extra cucumbers in it.” Jessica immediately jumped out of bed and punched Stephanie straight in the face. Stephanie was fine, as expected, but Jessica had tried to punch her so hard, that she broke her own hand. “KKKKKKKK!!!!!!” Jessica screamed immediately getting Sooyoung to also wake up.

“Oh my gosh, Sica, are you okay??” Sooyoung asked.

“NO! MY ING HAND IS DESTROYED.” Jessica screamed with a dolphin like pitch. Hyoyeon quickly waved her orange wand and a tiny green rune encapsulated Jessica’s hand broken hand.

“Don’t worry Jess, within a few hours it’ll heal. The rune should also soothe the pain slightly.” Hyoyeon explained. She could finally take a breath, but HellSica’s anger wasn’t over yet. “Yah! Stephanie Hwang! You know I hate cucumbers! Why would you use that?” Jessica questioned angrily.

“Aye, I tried to wake you up! Don’t blame me because you sleep like a century old corpse.” Stephanie scoffed.

“Alright guys, let’s just tone it down, okay? This is supposed to be a happy time. Jessica, don’t you have something to say to Steph?” Sunny smiled.

“Oh, right… So, you got it done? How much do I owe you?” Jessica questioned Sunny.

“No, don’t worry about it, it’s a gift.” Sunny stated.

“Well, if you’re sure, give it to her then.” Jessica sighed, still glancing at her damaged hand. Sunny walked over to Stephanie and revealed a red triangle that somewhat resembled her tattoo she had been given to access her spaceship. Stephanie was still confused as to what it was but accepted it all the same. “So, all the fuss was about this? You came here all the way from New York to give me a pretty paperweight?” Stephanie laughed.

“Oh, it’s not just a paperweight Steph, hold it against your chest.” Sunny commanded. Stephanie did as suggested and placed the red triangle upon on her chest. “Now, use your other hand to press the middle section of the triangle.” Sunny explained. Stephanie continued to follow as she was instructed and as she pressed the button, she could feel her entire body being consumed by some kind of black material. Within seconds, the red triangle had created an entirely black outfit with red lines around to lighten up the outfit. (This outfit is identical to the outfit in the “Mr. Taxi MV”, except Stephanie’s is redlined rather than pink like Tiffany’s in the MV :D here’s a link if you’re curious: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCyU

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter