Ch.9 Taozi's struggles

Unfinished Business

Tao looks at himself in the mirror and deemed himself okay enough to galivate around town to look for a job, Chanyeol and Kris has been a huge help to him, they practically gave every thing to him with the excuse that it's all gonna be paid enough when he has an income pouring in.

He knows that he has a job already what's with Yifan's influence in this country but he knew he has to work double jobs to earn and save some money for himself and his baby. He intends to apply at the nearest restaurant cafe today. He put on his bag and walks out of the door when someone hugs him as he is locking his door.

"Aarrhhhhh!!!!" Tao shouted in shock as this arms went all over him.

"Taozziiii!!!! You didn't call me you ." Chanyeol shouted as he excitedly jumps all over his friend.

"Chanyeol,.. You scared me. What the are you doing here anyway? I thought you and Kris went back to Korea?"

"Well yes we did but we're back here now anyway, you know he has lots of businesses to take care of, where are you going huh?" Chanyeol asked as he looks at Tao more closely.

"I am going to apply as a waiter at that restaurant, a couple of blocks away from here."

"Taozi!! I told you Kris already got you a job, you don't need to exhaust yourself by taking in a couple of jobs more." Chanyeol taps him on the head.

"But,, I already got so much help from you guys, I really can't rely on your help forever Channie.." Tao bites his lips.

"Well yeah, but the situation is complicated now Tao because you're pregnant and the baby's health should always be the first priority. Let go of your pride for once and for the sake of your child accept my help okay. We're spending Kris's money anyway and he's filthy rich." Channie wickedly smiled as he grabs his friend and dragged him back inside his apartment.

"You will start in a couple of weeks, your boss is still in Korea so one of Kris' men will brief you on your duties and responsibilities but before all of those let's talk first. Tao are you okay?" Chanyeol seriously asked his friend.

"Yes I'm okay Channie..what kind of a question is that?" Tao awkwardly said not looking at his friend.

"Tell me the truth my friend, we're all alone here anyway."

"I'm okay but I miss him." Tao looks down on his lap.

"Did you..do you love him?"

"Yes,, but we're not meant to be together. He's in love with his girlfriend and he's just using me as a tool to get what he wants." 

"But what if..what if he loves you too. And he's just trapped inside a situation that he can't get out from but you know..deep inside he wants you too just as much." Chanyeol said with a hesitant smile as they laid down on his bed.

"I know that you wanted a happy ending for all Channie..because you're in love and happy I get that but not all of us have the same luck as you are. I am stuck with a lover who only wants me to get pregnant and Jinyoung is stuck with a master who only wants him as a nanny." Tao explains as he bitterly smiled at the thought, he hadn't been able to talk to Jinyoung all because of the fear of Jaebum finding out they had contact.

"Channie how is Jinyoung? Do you have any news?" Tao asked his friend who shakes his head.

"No..but there's a business party that Yifan and I will attend, I will talk to him if ever I saw him there." 

"A business party huh..I'm not sure if Jinyoung will come with his master, they're not..you know close or intimate or anything."

"He will, everyone should bring a partner and I knew from rumors that that Im Jaebum never dates anyone, has a clean reputation when it comes to his love life and that party is so important he will attend and forces his slave to be his partner instead."

"Well, for once I hope what you said is true. I want to talk to Jinyoung."

"You will if he's there I will call you immediately, okay? Let's go and grab those things in my car, I shopped for food supplies before I went here, I need to stock up your fridge."

"Why thank you Channie.."

"Don't. I did this because you'll see me staying over here frequently and I'm afraid to get hungry so.." Chanyeol shrugged while running outside to grab those things.

"All of my friends are crazy.." Tao mutters to himself as he looks at his friend's retreating back.

-----❤-----❤-----❤-----❤

Tao looks at his ringing phone and swallows audibly, Chanyeol saved his boss's number on his cellphone yesterday and now the man is calling him.

"Hello?"

"Hello is this Huang Zitao?"

"Yes, speaking. Who is this?"

"Ah yeah I am Jung Ji Hoon, your employer, listen Kris called me up and said that I should inform you beforehand of my arrival here in China but it totally flew out of my mind. So I'm actually here at the airport and I would appreciate it if you come and pick me up here right now?" The voice asked tinge with curiosity if Tao will accept being ordered around or just obey him.

Tao's eyes bulged out of its eye socket..heck he hasn't taken shower yet and this man, his soon to be boss is ordering him around.

"Ah yes I will sir, just send me your exact location and wait for me to fetch you up." Tao professionally said.

"I will wait for a few minutes Mr. Huang, I hate waiting. If you're late by 30 minutes or so I will gladly terminate the contract. Get it? I'll send you the location." Jung Ji Noon ended the call to am open-mouthed Taozi.

"What a ing jerk.,this wanna see me on my bad hair days huh, I'll show you."

Tao put some T-shirt and jeans on, grabbed a coat and went out. He walks by the busy street of Beijing, walking inside a well-known alley where you can find..a rented motorbike, its the customers choice if they wanted to rent a single motor or if they want a driver along with it.

"Hey Uncle...can I rent a motor with driver please.."

"Going somewhere Taozi?"

Yes, Uncle, I'm racing towards the devil incarnate."

The old man chuckles and gestures for his fastest rider.

"This is Xiao, he's the fastest one here. Have a safe trip kid."

"Thanks, Uncle.."

Tao opens a taxi booking app on his phone securing a waiting cab for his boss while he travels fast towards the airport, once finished he looks at Xiao with a smile.

"Well...let's go but I need to tell you now. I'm pregnant Mr. Xiao, be fast but safe."

"Will do Mr. Taozi."

-----❤-----❤-----❤-----❤

"Your friend is still not here, I gave him a 30mins. time allowance and yet he wasted 10minutes as of now." Jung Ji Hoon said through the phone as he talks to Kris.

"er, I told you to take it easy on the kid right?"

"I won't be super lenient just because you told me that he's pregnant Kris, I need a reliable assistant and I do pay well you know that I just want my money's worth."

"Yeah whatever, just be kind for once Ji Hoon." 

The man ended the call and look around once more, for sure that Taozi will waste precious time on his appearance, wanting to look good for him. He fired every single assistant that makes a move to seduce him and he won't hesitate if this man is just like all the others.

He saw a mop of messy hair jogging towards him, then he saw the ugly coat, and then he saw the plain bare face of a young man with a tall pointed nose and sharp eyes.

"Hi, are you Mr. Jung Ji Noon?" Tao greeted him with a smile.

"Yes..you're Mr. Huang Zitao, you're within the time limit. I expect an excellent time of arrival from you next time." Jung Ji Hoon said with a sarcastic smile.

What a freaking Jerk... - Tao

Tao smiled back and nod.

"I will sir, let's go now shall we?" Tao grabbed the bags held by the man and walks forward.

"Just follow me and I'll take you to the cab."

"Oh wait a sec Mr. Huang, you're coming with me.."

Tao looks back at his employer, patiently controlling his temper.

"Hmm? Where would that be Mr. Jung?"

"Call me Rain, that's my professional name in the industry and we're not that..intimate for you to call me by my real name so. You will come with me to my hotel suite."

"What??!! Is this a part of the contract?"Tao testily said.

"No, but you need to know where I will stay, as my assistant you're practically at my beck and call so..."

"Okay but no funny business Mr. Rain or I'll quit."

"What? What makes you think I'll make a move on you?"

"I saw it on movies, and you're not my type so just so we're both clear on this matter." Gao dismisses him and walks without waiting for him.

Rain lifted an eyebrow, curiosity is piqued by what the man said. He so loved a challenge.

"Not interested huh..we'll see about that.."

Tao mutters curses under his breath, wondering why he is always stuck up with jerks.

As if I will like him, my Sehun is hotter than him. Overconfident , I'll show him.

TBC^^