Ch.14 Hello

Unfinished Business

Tao looks nervously at Sehun who is waiting patiently at him, sitting on the couch as his son Liu Wei sits beside him and talk his ears off. It surprised him that his child easily opens up to Sehun...it clearly shows how much his baby needed a father figure in his life. He notices those longing glances that his child always gives his classmates when they are picked up by their parents, he's probably wondering why his other father left him and now that Sehun suddenly barges in their lives his son is willing to do anything just to make the man stay.

Tao sat down and nervously looks towards Sehun who is staring intently at him.

"Okay let's start, what do you want to talk about?"

Sehun stayed quiet for a moment before answering.

"Why.."

Tao freezes at that simple question, he has many reasons on why he left but he just can't open his mouth now, he can't talk and say that he did it because he was hurt by what he heard from Sehun and his girlfriend Irene, about their plan on using him to finally have their dream child.

"I know that you know the reason why Sehun.."

"I don't, that's why I am here questioning you. You left without a word, you staged a kidnapping scene to make me believe someone got you but my investigators finally found out that the reason behind your dissapearance is because of a staged kidnapping by a local gang. Really Tao, what has gotten into you? Never in my wildest year would I connect your name to some bunch of gangs." Sehun heatedly said while Tao huffs under his breath.

"Liu Wei honey, why don't you go to your room first and play for a while, Sehun and I will have a very serious talk."

Liu Wei looks hesitantly at Sehun.

"Appa..you won't leave right?" the child whispers as he touches his father's hands.

Sehun hugs the child and kisses him on the head.

"I won't buddy, go on and do what your papa said. I will still be here later.."

The two looks at their child who walks away sneaking glances at them every now and then. Trying to buy some more time by walking as slowly as he can.

Tao sigh as Sehun chuckles at his child's antics.

"Where are we..ah..reasons. You want to know the reason why I left. A few days before I was kidnapped I heard you on the phone talking with your girlfriend, I heard about your plan, of using me, of playing with my feelings before taking my baby away from me. At that time I already knew I was pregnant and I got scared of what I heard, of what you said, I am out of my mind with worry after hearing you agree to her evil plan.."

Tao can't look at his former master in the eye for he knew how Sehun will be able to see all the pain that he kept inside.

"I called my friend Jinyoung and he suggested that I contact Chanyeol, one of our friends at the slave house who was taken by the famous Kris Wu."

Sehun in a breath as he heard that name. Kris Wu is a very rich businessman who is based in China, he often meets the man in private gatherings and parties he actually held a conversation once with him and his partner.

"Continue..."

"Chanyeol and Kris devices a plan where I am to be kidnapped by one of Kris's men and shipped off to China in secret, I've been residing here ever since, I worked at the local shops and got two jobs but Chanyeol refused to let me have three jobs in my condition so he asked Kris for another favor of finding me a nice job. That's where I met Ji Hoon, he's a famous photographer here and the rest is history."

Sehun stayed quiet as he process the new information in his head. Who is that Ji Hoon? He needs information on that man.

"We have a very bad misunderstanding Tao, this is what happens when you make your emotions rule over your mind, I was kind to you and treated you nicely because I genuinely am falling for you at that time, I only said yes to Irene because I haven't come up with a plan just yet, to leave here and be with you."

Tao was shocked to hear those words as he stared at Sehun, looking into those eyes to see if it reflected any lies in them.

"What..."

"You just went away, thinking that I am a ing jerk who will take your baby, our baby away from you? But it's all my fault I guess, you never really know me that much, I was out of my mind with worry when you left, I was broken inside as I think of reason after reason on why you left. I blame myself every single time, until I saw the picture..you with a little child who looks just like me. I flew here immediately, I need to have you and our son back in my life." Sehun quietly said.

"But,.what about Irene?"

"I already made my company strong enough to not need any help or assistance from her family, I broke the news to her when he went back to Korea and she said she's not even surprised anymore, It is the biggest gamble she took, letting me tajke someone as my slave, for emotions will always be involved no matter how we avoid it."

Tao looks at Sehun with worry.

"You are okay with that?"

"I want you Tao, I am in love with you. I realized that when you dissapear into my life, at first I really thought that I am just going into a phase in my life and a few months will help me move on eventually but years has passed by quickly and I am still the same headed man who is longin for you."

Tao cries as he realizes the mistake that they both did in the past and how that mistake affects their child.

"Oh my God...I'm sorry. I'm really sorry Sehun."

"We can't turn the past back anymore but we can start a new one. If you will agree I want to start again, be the man that you and Liu Wei need in your life." 

Sehun reaches out and handed a handkerchief towards the crying man.

"Stop crying now, you look ugly when you cry." Sehun murmurs as Tao slap him hard on the arms.

"Shut up..I am a popular model now, I look pretty okay. Ugly pretty." Tao mutters as he accepts the handkerchief and wipes his tears off.

"I know you're a model now, regarding that, now that we are starting a new life together again I suggest that you write a retirement letter to your manager and your agency since you don't have to work anymore.

Tao freeze on his track as he lifted an eyebrow at the man. They just made up and agreed to start again and here he is ordering him around.

"Excuse me Sehun, I am on a contract with my agency and I just can't quit. This is my life now and I will admit that I am enjoying my job. I will appreciate it if you just support me in my chosen career. If we want a peaceful partnership together then we need to learn how to respect each other's choices in life.

"What partnership? I will marry you and as my future husband, it will not look good if I let you work when we have so much money anyway?"

Marriage? Husband? So much money?

"Hey Tao?! Are you okay?"

 

TBC^^