Ch. 13 Mending

Unfinished Business

Sehun couldn't believe his eyes when a child bumps on his legs, he grabs onto his little arms to stop him from falling on his when the child looks up to him he gasped in shock. That's his face right there, in the miniature body who is now looking at him nervously.

"Sorry little guy, I didn't see you there."

"It's okay mister, no problem."

"I am Sehun, may I know your name?" Sehun went on his knees to talk to the child who smiled at him.

"Yes. I am Huang Liu Wei."

Sehun looks at the child, dumbfounded. Huang..that is Tao's surname, this child looks exactly like him.  What if..what if this child is his.

"Are you by chance the son of Huang ZiTao?" Sehun gently ask.

"Yes..that is my papa's name. Why you know him Mr. Sehun?"

I know him because he is mine, he is my slave and I am looking for him for years now.

"I...I am your papa's friend. May I know where he is..are you with him now?" Sehun swallows nervously as he anticipates the answer. 

"Yes. I left him there. He's ordering some food for us. Right there! That's my papa!" Liu Wei points at someone who is standing at the crowd of people and looking dumbfoundedly at them.

Sehun's heart beats once, twice,...too many times as he felt how his eyes have been blessed by the sight of the man he loves. There stood Tao, the one he's been looking for, the one whom he secretly harbors some feelings for and now that he found him he needs some answers.

"Liu Wei, why don't you let me carry you towards your papa eh? That way you can't be bumped into with this crowd."

Liu Wei looks at him as if sizing him up before allowing him to carry him to his papa. Sehun chuckles under his breath, if this child is his then he really got that attitude. He lifted the child and walks towards Tao who stayed quiet.

"Finally...I found you..."

"Sehun ah..." Tao mutters under his breath as he regains his senses. They are standing in a crowded area, and if Sehun will humiliate him in public then he won't let him.

"Tao..we need to talk. Are you comfortable to bring this conversation to your home or shall I close this whole mall for a private conversation with you." Sehun quietly said, emotions hidden behind a calm facade.

He freaking owns this mall now? Damn it.-Tao

I..I'll just need to order some food for us before..."

"Let my men handle that..say what your order is and they will deliver it to your place. For now..shall we?" Sehun lifted an eyebrow as if intimidating his former slave.

"Before we go..I want everything on my term Sehun, you just can't barge in my life and turns everything around.."

"You can't just get lost in my life like that, like what you did three years ago and did you hear me complain? No sir..you turned your back around and left me all alone. Why should I be so lenient now that you did me wrong? Now we have a child with us...let's talk about this later." Sehun looks at Liu Wei who is looking at the two of them nervously.

"Okay..." Tao silently thank Sehun as the man thinks of his child first before their own need.

"Papa..Mr. Sehun is your friend?"

Tao looks at Sehun awkwardly and smiled at his son.

"Yes..and now that I saw him after a long time we will welcome him in our home. Papa and Mr. Sehun will talk and catch up. I want you to behave alright?'

"Kay..."

Sehun looks at the two before leading the way outside and in his car. He looks at Liu Wei who is now sitting on Tao's lap. Tao gives his car keys to one of Sehun's men before the car moves on.

"Is he mine?" Sehun suddenly ask.

"Yes..."

The car ride stays quiet except for Liu Wei's babbling here and there. Anyone can feel the awkwardness and the tension in the air. Tao felt like he's suffocating, in regret, in sadness, in frustration..in anger.

"Do you have someone with you..."

"No..."

"Don't lie to me.." Sehun said as he looks at Tao.

"I am not lying to you. Why are you here Sehun, I don't want to be your slave anymore. I already left that phase in my life and moved on." Tao quietly said.

"I know that you made a name for yourself and you became brave Huang, you know that being a model will make you famous and I'll be able to trace you through that somehow but you still did it..thanks."

"I did the job because I need money so that I can support myself and my child. You didn't go on your way to find us anyway Sehun, after all these years why only now?"

"I did try to find you, but it leads me nowhere. Now the new detective that I hired is the best one, he's able to do a background check on you, find out where you live. And here I am.."
 

Tao stayed silent as he looks outside the window as he runs a hand on his son's hair.

"What more do you want Sehun. If you thought that I will let you take my child away from me then you're wrong." Tao felt nervous, he feels scared at what the taller man will do.

"What do you take me for? Hey is that the reason why you left? Huang Zitao, I am so disappointed with you. I have no intention of taking our child away from you ever.." Sehun hisses in irritation as Tao looks away.

Liu Wei looks at the two adults and finally speak up.

"Papa, are you fighting with Mr. Sehun?"

"No baby..we're just. We need to have a long talk so we're going home now. You need to behave and play with your toys as we speak privately okay?"

"Okay..."

Liu Wei continues to stare at the two when he asked the question that Tao doesn't want to hear.

"Are you my appa Mr. Sehun?"

Sehun looks shocked but pleased at his son, he is a quick thinker. Very good quality for his heir.

"Yes, Liu Wei I am your other father. I am sorry you found out this way but since it's all out of the bag we should just all live with it."

Liu Wei slowly smiles as he thought of bragging to his friends. Now he also has an appa and papa.

"Hey..what a nice smile baby. Are you happy?" Tao whispers to his son who nods his head.

"It's good to know that this situation somehow makes you happy baby. I missed most of your years, I need to catch up." Sehun pats his son's head as he laid happily in Tao's lap.

"Papa, don't go. Stay with papa and Liu Wei, I'll be a good boy now always." The child smiled at Sehun who smiled back, amazed at how this small child easily accepts what was said to him. Maybe his son really wanted his own complete family.

Tao remains quiet as he looks at his son, a perfect copy of Sehun's face.

He said he will give anything, he will do anything for his baby's happiness. What if this is Liu Wei's happiness? Will he open his heart again for this man who used him? Or will he give Sehun a chance to explain things?

 

TBC^^