Chapter Twenty-Two

In love with a Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Aom

A woman’s instinct is sharper than the man’s. Definitely, I believed that. I have this gut feeling that something is off since Kimhan had gone with Zee to where I don’t know. They’ve been out of sight for like almost an hour now. I’m in panic stricken state. My mind is all over the place. The little me inside says something is odd. But I can’t put a finger to it.

Just when I try to push it back, I heard someone having a loud and heated argument few yards not far from where I am. My eyes searched like hawk for the possible location. I knew instantly the guy in white tux and the other in black. My heart thumps too fast, it was Kimhan and Zee.

Heaven’s sake, Is this it? 

“Who do you think you are? Stealing someone else’s fiancée?” the taller guy growled pointing fingers at them. I didn’t see his face. Matter of fact, his back facing from where I was.

“Who are you talking to, man?” Zee snapped, her tone seem annoyed.

The man was rude enough with his drunken state, I guess so.

“What’s wrong with you, faggots? Do you think yourself someone high and mighty?” the man continued. They’re attracting much attention now. He’s intentionally creating a scene for himself, insolently demeaning the two.

“Hey, calm down, man,” says Kimhan calmly trying to talk him down.

I thought the argument would die down, because I saw Shone had come to pacify the scene, but I was wrong. In a quick snap, just as the bouquet had landed on my bare hands, a brawl had started. 

“Do we even know you?” snapped Zee, looking really annoyed. “No, so back off.” Zee pushed him away losing his balance. But he was quick on his heels.

He got up quickly, “You shut up!” he growled and punched Zee, making her stumble on the dirt.

“That’s it, Mike!” Kim gritted between her teeth. She punched him right on the face breaking his nose.

“You !” he cried holding his bloodied nose.

He balled his hand aiming yet another punch making Kimhan fall on her knees.

“You es should know where you stand,” he bellowed angrily kicking Kimhan. She curled on the dirt in pain. Yet he kicked her twice in a row. Zee was too quick and throws a punch right in his face once more before the other guys separate them. In his drunken state, Mike is strong enough too struggled loose and aimed another punch at Kimhan who can barely stand on her feet. He even manages to throw another punch at Zee. Shone and Ted who I just met at the party helped her up.

 “No!” I cried out loud, horrified with what is going on.

Kimhan turned in my way but this guy gave a blow straight at her face once more.

I burst running as fast my heels can take me. Dew and Ashley tails behind me. My knees almost gave up, shaking and trembling. Felt like I’ve run a marathon with my heels on. I heard myself screaming at the sight of Kimhan and Zee lying in the dirt with busted lips and bloodied faces. Memories of the last time she went through flooding my mind. I’m in total outrage and somewhat I’m bathing with anger towards this man. He was standing above them with his antagonistic self and blitzed, pointing fingers and throwing mean words.

Cursing. He was full of madness. Insanity and ire. And before I knew it, my small palm hit his face as hard as I can. And it burns and it hurts. But I didn’t care. I saw his eye tear up. That would sober him up a bit. He’s drunken state is no excuse to his sporadic actions.

“Don’t you even dare!” I snarled. I can feel my face hot and beet red.

“Oh, the great Aom came to rescue her of a prince charming,” he said still in his arrogant demeanor, rubbing his cheek where my palm was. “What have you seen in her to left me for such a pathetic—“

Before he could finish, another slap landed on his cheek once more.

He’s pathetic and may I say, turns nearly psycho for sure. Man and their egoistic self. This time, five other guys here held him and talked him out. Or worst dragged him out of the premises and call the authorities.

“Enough with your madness, Mike.” I cried.

His anger seethe, “How could you do this to me?”

“Do what, Mike?” I hissed at him. My anger has skyrocket.

“Can you please let go of me?” he struggled to let himself loose from their grip. 

“No, we can call the authorities. This has to stop.” I said sternly. My tears are cascading down my cheeks.

“That wouldn’t be necessary.” Alex says arrogantly, walking towards the small crowd, unaffected about this fiasco.

The nerve of this ! I could just strangle her to death right now I would. Of all the days, why on Fern’s wedding?

I battled internally not to lay a finger on her y face today.

“Oh Alex...” Zee says, sarcastically. “Your date must have been out of his mind.” She was on her feet shaking off the dirt and wiping her busted lips.

“Aom, why?” he asks shamelessly, pleading, tears pooling in his eyes.

“You will never understand, Mike, I’m sorry.” I said, rigid. My chest is so heavy. Anger. Guilt. All flooding at once. “It’s always been her. Just let me be.”

“But I did love you,” he protested. Yet again, he struggled loose but failed. They hold him tighter this time.

“No, Mike, you didn’t. You only loved yourself.” I cried in anger letting it all out. “I thought I could forget her but I didn’t. The heart knows what the heart wants.” I was really crying my heart out. Seeing what he did to Kimhan was unforgivable. Dew hugged me, pulling me away from Mike. Ashley and Alice were there beside me, too.

I saw Mario and Shone helped Kimhan back to the tent to tend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter