Chapter One: The Engagement

In love with a Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where is that bastard? He’s late,” she told herself as she wipes the rain from her face and looking at all directions for familiar figure.

It was a rainy cold afternoon and the rain pours mercilessly on the dry earth. At this time of the day, it’s getting dark and the place is almost deserted. Only a few park lights help to light the dim area. Some were blinking on and off like in horror movies. And a gush of cold wind blows with the rain. A petite woman stood by the swing in the park, soaked and drenched halfway down to her toes. Her cold and trembling hands clutches her umbrella up like her life depends on it. In an effort to fight the bitter cold rain, she tries blowing her hot breath through her hands. She’s mumbling something under her breath like mantra. Her eyes were blood shot red from crying all day. It’s been quite some time she’s been standing under the cold late afternoon rain.

Suddenly, out in the cold rain, a familiar face slowly walks towards her. She gazed intently, patiently waiting until it stood in front of her. His weary eyes were undeniably been crying the same as she is. He’s soaking wet from head to toe. His coat is dripping from the rain. Obviously, he’s been walking mindlessly under the pouring rain. He, too, has bloodshot eyes and a bit weary.

“This ain’t going to work out between us. I’m so sorry...” she utters softly closing her eyes.

Her voice is raspy and hoarse as she controls her sobs.

                “I don’t really understand why you have to do this,” the man said in a low hurtful tone. He gazed down into her swollen eyes looking for answers. But the girls hesitantly tore away from his gaze.

                Abruptly, her hands clasped together on her chest. It hurts her most like her hearts wants to explode out of her chest any minute now. She turned her back from him and starts to walk away from the tall figure that seems taken aback from her words. He grabs her wrist and momentarily stopped from her tracks.

“Maybe, we’re not really meant for each other…let fate decides for the both of us…”

“No! I won’t let you do this,” he begs. “I know, we can...I loved you and you know that. You just have to have faith in ‘you and me’...”

“I’m sorry. I can’t.” Her voice is choked from her sobs. But there’s tone of finality in her voice. Even his begging didn’t dodge her from her decision. There’s no other way escaping from her problems but to face it bravely. She had to do this for herself and not for anyone else.

“Please…don’t go,” He’s begging her as pool of tears swell up once again from his eyes. His hands automatically grab the petite lady and hug her from behind crying his heart out. He rested his head touching hers begging not to let go.

“Please,” he whispered.

“Someday, you’ll understand why.”

“I can never live my life the same way without you ...I love you. Please don’t go...”

 

 

“And cut!” shouts P’Nay as she claps her hand animatedly. Then, she stands from her director’s chair. “Good take. Really amazing, as always, Mike...Aom.”

              Pnay seems happy with outcome of the taping as she reviews on her monitor. P’Nay and her cameraman check the shoot before giving the crew another instruction for adjustments and editing.

               “Good job, everyone! We’ll take a break from here. Be back in an hour for the next scene.”

Her assistant, Picha, came rushing to give her towel to dry herself off and other needs as soon as she heard the director. She made her a cup of coffee to warm her up. While Mike entertained a reporter for an ambush interview from one of the well-known entertainment television channels.

The crew starts to disperse from the set to take their break. Aom sauntered her way towards P’Nay. She hesitantly stood right behind P’Nay adjusting her herself. She took another heavy intake of air before taking another step.

“Um, Pnay,” her voice is soft almost to a whisper. “Got any news from HER?”

“From who, Aom?” P’Nay asked confusingly as she turned to face her.

“I just…” she pauses. “Really missed her,” she utters sadly, stressing the word HER in a low voice like a whisper not to be over heard by anyone. She bends her head low and eyes were just staring blankly on her toes. Her hands hugging her clutching to her robs.

“It’s been years that I haven’t heard any news from her. She just disappeared without even saying goodbye. I know. I’ve hurt her that much…”

Pnay furrows her brows. She blinks twice. Then, it sunk unto her what Aom is saying. Apparently, she knows exactly whom Aom is referring to. All this time, Aom knows only Pnay has she had in contact with. But before she could say something, they were interrupted by Mike calling her name jogging in their direction.

“Hey baby, don’t forget tonight. Tonight’s gonna be special for us,” Mike says breathlessly. He stood right beside P’Nay. “Our friends and family is going to be there. I’ll pick you up at 7pm, Okay?” Mike reminds her with a queried look painted on his face.

“Um, okay.” Aom scrunched her brows in disappointment yet replied with a blank expression. She seems lost in the conversation. She gazes at Mike, then at P’Nay who looked baffled as she is. She really got no idea what’s the special occasion tonight. Pnay just stares at them and gently pats Mike’s shoulder.

“Congratulations to you, Mike.” P’Nay says. “…Aom,” Giving her a nod and small smile before she went on her way with the crew for a break. It left the two for their so-called quality time and some privacy. She didn’t like Mike for Aom, not that she’s a shipper but there’s something that bothers her whenever she looks at Mike with Aom. It was some kind of bad vibes that prickle her curiosity.

Out of earshot, Mike gazed into her lovely face searching into her eyes.

“Baby, is there a problem that I ought to know?” Mike asked placing his hand in hers for comfort. “You’ve been spacing out a while ago.” His expression baffled.

But Aom is lost in her deep thoughts and staring blankly to nowhere that she never heard what Mike asked her about. Her mind has been playing tricks on her again. Giving her doubts about what her heart really felt.

“Baby,” Mike called her again, his voice louder this time snapping her from her trance.

“Huh?”

“Is everything alright?”

“Um,” Aom simply nods.

“You’ve been spacing out, baby.” He looks at her with concern.

“I was just asking P’Nay something about the next scene.” She lied.

 

 

They’ve been officially a showbiz couple for two years already since their teamed-up in the hit series remake of the Korean comedy-drama Full House. She loved Mike but not as she expects that he’ll be the one to complete her missing piece. Not him. She knows herself better. And it’s always been HER.

Being a petite, she seems smaller than the average woman her age, Aom Sushar or Pie Mindara Manaying in real life. A successful actress by profession, a model and a singer. After her successful debut movie YES or No, she became the most pursuit and one of the hottest actress in Thailand with every left and right movie offers and TV shows and guesting. Her face conquered billboards and magazines around Thailand and across Asia. She’s been considered as ‘The face that could launch a thousand ships’, that every man would die for and toms alike. She got that beautiful and angelic face with hazelnut eyes that anyone would be mesmerized with one look and deep brown hair loosely hang over her slender shoulders that compliments her creamy white skin. A goddess she really is.

Well, Mike is one hell of a lucky guy to capture the heart of the goddess. Tall and handsome he is. He’s been in the industry for quite some time already and built his name on it. They first teamed-up on the hit series Full House, a Korean comedy-drama remake, becomes sensational that fans shipped them to be couple for real.

And how could she forget that one person she first loved secretly during their YES or NO days? The person with the most captivating smile and handsome looks at the same time beautiful. Tina Suppanad or Kimhan Jittaleela in real life. A former DJ at PYNK FM 98 Thailand and active member of the LGBT community, became a sensational actress herself. Yes, indeed she’s a lesbian, a tom, a butch, or whatever we call it. She’s loud and proud despite living in a very conservative world.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter