Chapter Sixteen: Blessings

In love with a Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Those glossy hazelnut orbs stared hard at me and her silence is killing me fast to my death. I pursed my lips waiting anxiously for her answer. I just have to shot closed my eyes and pray; please… please… say yes. I’m not sure what to do if she said no… what if she says no? What should I do? What would I feel? No!! This is ridiculous! I mentally slapped myself out.

Actually, I am really scared, frightened to hear her rejection. I stared long enough at those gorgeous orbs. Waiting. Playing like a staring game, the first one to blink is the ‘It’. There are millions of thoughts suddenly came crushing into me. The pressure is on. My hands turned sweaty and uncontrollably fidgeting. And my heart constricts every second and it became harder to breathe.

 Oh, for Pete’s sake! I’m getting nervous as hell. It’s pretty damn nerve—breaking moment.  

Holy . She still remained mute. Contemplating. Perhaps, the moment hasn’t sunk in yet. Her eyes staring back at me. Perhaps scanning every inch of my face, internalizing my every word like shredding every truth in it.  

But then, in a split second, I caught her brown orbs lit up. A small smile formed from her lips turns wide from ear to ear, overwhelmed with so much joy knowing that we’re on the same page.

To her excitement, she rolled straddled on top of me still making me sits up on the bed. Her arms curled around my neck and hugged me tight, almost strangling me to death. She smiled jovially. Well, I guess that’s a big YES for sure.

“Sweetheart…”I said. I finally found my voice, strained and choking. “…you could kill me before our ‘I do’s’…”

“Oh,” she gasped, releasing my neck. “…I’m sorry…” her eyes were now glazed controlling her tears.

My hands cupped her beautiful face dashing the tears from her checks – tears of joy. I guess.

“Baby…” she says between her sobs.

She brushed both her hands on my cheeks pulling it closer to her. I inhaled the same air she breathes, lulled in her scent and warmth. Before I knew, she crushed her soft lips into mine. This is more passionate than we have before, slow without urgency and all too sweet.

“Sweetheart…” I croaked between our kiss.

“Hmm,” she mumbled not letting go of the kiss.

“You haven’t answered me yet,”

“Oh…I’m sorry,” She murmured pulling a few inches from my face. She blushed shyly.

Then finally, “YES…I love you with every heartbeat.”

I felt the world slowed momentarily. My subconscious is rejoicing, and trumpets sounds joyfully.

She grinned, “I thought you’d never ask.” Her small fingers pinched my arm.

“I was just taking my right timing,”

“Like,” she raised an eyebrow. “…you waited after an amazing and mind-blowing ? Is that it…?”

“Oh, No…no,” I squeaked, my hand reaching a small red velvet box sitting silently beside the night lamp.

She eyed me, “what is that? And how long has it been there?” she gasped, her hand on .

“Oh, just last night.” I said simply.

“It’s Cartier,”

“Yes,”

She gasped in surprise. “Is it what I think it is?” she asked. I opened the small box and took out the sleek white gold diamond ring. It’s just a simple engagement ring, not too fancy. I bought this back in LA before my flight back to Bangkok. I should have asked her a long time ago at the airport but everything didn’t go as I planned.  

I took her hand in mine, “Marry me, sweetheart.” I slid the ring into her ring finger and it fits her perfectly. She stared at her ring with her glossy hazelnut orbs before pulling me once again, kissing me harder this time. It was deep and passionate kiss.

“Baby…” she softly moaned.

“I love you, sweetheart.”

“Oh, I love you more,” she whispered in adoration.

And before we knew it, we’re once again sharing our heavenly bliss.

 

 

I wake with a jolt, disoriented. I felt cold and still bare— under the sheets. To my disappointment, I find the other side of the bed empty. I noticed Aom was no longer beside me. My head still fuzzed from last night. Everything went too fast. A lot of things happened yesterday. I stretch and wonder what time is it. And i gazed at the clock on my right showing 8:15 A.M., it’s still early to wake up alone in bed, I decided to have a quick shower and grab some breakfast. I’m starving and need to replenish all my energy from last night’s activity. I could still taste Aom’s lips in mine and it always brings a smile to my face.

My subconscious is still in jubilation. I turned to my heels to the kitchen just to find my lovely fiancée preparing breakfast— my soon to be wife. I just can’t help myself staring at her. As if there’s some supernatural pull between us as she automatically felt my presence and turned to me all smiles. Her arms curled around my neck and peck my lips.

“Good morning, beautiful,” I smirked and shamelessly kissing her in front of Zee and Dew.

“Good morning, beautiful, yourself,” she murmured between our kiss.

By the nook, my eyes caught Zee grinning mischievously at me. Somehow telling me ‘I know what you did’ look. I glared at her pulling myself from Aom.

“Why don’t you take a sit over there and wait for the food. Capiche!” she continued and made my way beside Zee busy scrolling her phone from I don’t know apps.

“Baby, your coffee is ready.” Aom said with a ladle pointing at the coffee maker.

“Thanks baby,” I reach for a cup over the cupboard and poured some for me and Aom. “Baby, you want it with creamer or just black?”

“With cream, please”

“Wow! Somebody’s having a good morning today?” Zee smirked without even looking at anyone. “But I’m pretty sure I haven’t got any sleep last night. Your cat is too noisy.”

I lift my gaze at Aom, her face now crimson red. “She doesn’t have a cat, Zee.” I snapped.

“Oh, she does.” Zee insists with the same evil grin still painted on her face. I would love to tear that mouth of her like a snack foil pack.

I flushed. Damn you, Zee.

Zee grinned, “And oh, she got the rock alright!”

Holy ! This person needs to have a filter. Dew lit up like a Christmas. Her smile wide from ear to ear, pulls Aom into a tight hug. All too excited. And yeah, she was jumping with Aom and screaming at the top of their lungs. Women. I shake my head, defeated. How will I ever cope with them?

“You sly dog, Kimhan,” she growled. “Let me see that thing, girl.”

She took Aom’s hand praising her ring. “When?”

“Oh, just last night.”

“So, that explains it.” Dew smirked, turned her gaze at me. Oh, no! Please don’t tell me even Dr. Dew has thought about it too. “You’re too sweet, Kimhan. We’re so proud of you.”

“I’m so happy for you Aom. Finally,” she says and hugging Aom once again.

“Thank you, Dr. Dew,” she replied. “You’ll be my maid of honor.”

“Of course, I’ll be,” Dew squealed. “But when will be the wedding bells?” Dew asks once more placing the plates on the table.

“I’m so excited for this wedding,”

“Oh, I would love it this coming December.” Aom shrugged. “But it still depends on Kim,”

I frowned, beaming at her. “Oh come on, baby, you wouldn’t propose if you aren’t going to marry me that soon.” she cooed pulling my face to her.

“Ah…uhm, yes…yes, of course,” i stuttered. My words are caught up in my tongue. Oh, god. Please. Not this soon. I only got a few months left before December. Yes, of course, don’t get me w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter