Part 9

Dangerously in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu was walking disorientedly in the crowded hallway when someone slapped his back. He startled and cursed under his breath when a lively Dongwoo and grinning Woohyun appeared in front of his eyes. He glared at both of them. He was so sleepy right now, the combination of midnight shift and morning class could do that to everyone. He hasn’t slept a wink since he got out of the bar after having a stupid row with Lee Sungyeol about his audience talk with Jung Haein. Sungyeol hated the ideas of him keep involving with Jung Eunji and her brother so much. So they ended up yelling at each other face this dawn. 

“Look at you! It’s still 10 AM and you need a beauty sleep already?” Woohyun shook his head.

“I can’t sleep at all last night...” he yawned. 

Dongwoo tilted his head, analyzing his appearance before commented, “What exactly are you doing last night? You look like crap...” Sunggyu glared at the latter.

He yawned again before lied to him with a straight face, “Nothing, in particular, probably too much coffee...”

“You could really use one now...” Woohyun pointed at his sleepy face, looking a bit concerned. He nodded. “Let’s get one...” he suggested afterward. They follow Woohyun to the nearest vending machine from their position.

Several minutes later they’re back in the crowded hallway, each of them holding a cup of instant coffee. Sunggyu was sipping his coffee to keep his heavy eyelids open when Woohyun suddenly asked, “Did you expecting Jung Eunji and her girl squad at this hour?” He shook his head then give him a confused stare. “Really?” he nodded. “Then why is she heading our way right now??” Woohyun hissed with a panicked expression. Sunggyu furrowed his brows and turned around to Woohyun’s fixed gaze. He found a pretty girl with a khaki t-shirt and black long fitted skirt her with her girl squad feet away from him.

Pretty! That’s his first thought, but when he realized she’s getting closer to him, he mentally started praying that she’ll just ignore his existence and walk away in peace. But of course, praying won’t help him in this situation. When their gazes met her expression lit up, even before he reacted to her radiant smile attack, she already waltzes into his embrace, encircled his waist with both of her slender arms as if she did that every day and obviously she didn’t give a damn about the crowded hallway. For a split second, he contemplated between hugging her back or just stands still there, doing nothing. Eventually, he hugged her back and gave a light patting on her shoulder.

“You don’t know how much I love you...” she murmured with a muffled voice, sounds satisfied. “I’m so happy...” He gritted his teeth the moment his body alerted her warm breath hitting his chest.    

He cleared out his dry throat and hissed, “I got it. You’re happy today. Can you let me go now?”

“Thank you for talking with Haein oppa for me...” she pulled back from him slightly as her lips curled up into a bright smile and her brown eyes squinted in joy. When she blinked innocently he noticed how captivating those brown eyes are, it’s like a calm serenity that makes him want to hold his gaze, not turn away from her. He lost— “See you on Saturday...” her cheerful tone bring him back to the reality.

“Okay...” he replied her, but she didn’t budge from her position. He raised his eyebrows at her. She glanced down at his arms which is still resting on her waist effortlessly. “Oh, sorry...” The moment he got back to his senses he pulled his arms away from her waist with an awkward grimace. She didn’t look offended at all. She just grinned while the girls gave him a teasing look, trying so hard to suppress their laughter. Great! Just great Kim Sunggyu! How he wished he could melt away for good.

“Bye bye...” she bid him goodbye with a cute wave then walk away with the girls, several steps away from him, he heard they’re giggling with each other. He cursed under his breath. Could this day get any worse? He massaged his head to cover up his embarrassment as he walked away from that place in hurried steps. He heard Woohyun and Dongwoo’s footsteps following him sort after. 

“Yah! Yah! Yah! What the hell that supposed to mean?” Woohyun eagerly asked him, sounds amazed.

“Let’s just go to class, I need some sleep...” he ignored Woohyun’s question.

Thanks to several seconds of interaction with Jung Eunji, he’s become the hot topic of the day. He just didn’t understand why Jung Eunji so keens on making a scene with him in the public place, she gained nothing from it aside from the joy of taunting him. He sighed again when they passed a group of students who craned their head at him and started whispering to each other. He tried to ignore them as best as he can.   

“Don’t tell me you just score a date with Jung Hae in’s sister...” Woohyun hissed at him again when they started on climbing the stairs to their Business Ethics class on the second floor. “Because if you did, I’m ready to call you hyungnim...” he added again.

“I know right. How the hell you do that? You from all the people...” Dongwoo seconded him, looking astonished. “No one ever did that before...”

“I have no idea what are you guys talking about...” he still refused to engage further conversations about Jung Eunji. It’s giving him headaches.

“No Idea? Are you sure?” Dongwoo scoffs loudly. “Then what are you doing with her just now?” he nudged him and wriggled his brows, teasing him again. Woohyun giggled.

He rolled his eyes, “Doing what?” he asked him, keep playing dumb.

“You were practically drooling over her...” Woohyun answered him instead.

He stopped and turned around abruptly to face them. “Listen, I’m just doing Jung Haein a favor to accompany his sister to this certain event...” They give him a very suspicious look. “And no, it’s not a date...” he scowled.

“Tell you what Mr. Nam? They were so into each other...” Dongwoo smirked, ignoring his annoyed groan. Woohyun pointed his finger at him while nodded eagerly. Sunggyu opened his mouth to object but he closed it again. There’s no point arguing with them now, they won’t accept any explanation at this point. “Man, I’m green with envy...” Dongwoo added again in a half-joking tone.

“Ah right, from now on please restrain being lovey-dovey with your princess in front of us. Our innocent soul and poor heart can’t take those tortures, please spare us...” Woohyun added in a very dramatic tone as he turns left to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter