Part 10

Dangerously in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their class got canceled, they decided to wait at the cafeteria. Sunggyu mostly just wanted to find a spot to sleep before his class, but it seems like everyone had the same thought as them. He sighed as he looked around to find an empty table.

“There...” Dongwoo pointed it out. “We’ll get food, you get us that table...” he suggested again. Sunggyu nodded and yawned for the nth time since this morning.

‘Isn’t that Kim Sunggyu?’

Sunggyu stopped walking when he heard someone mention his name when he turned around he spotted Jung Eunji. Again. Not just her and the girls this time, there’s Jung Haein and his friends as well. Now he knew why this table was empty all along. Nobody would fancy having a cautious meal time with Jung Haein around. He nodded curtly at Jung Haein, then slide down on one of the empty seats. Too late to find an empty spot now, he thought.

Woohyun and Dongwoo comeback several minutes later, looking mortified at the sight of Jung Haein and his sister. Woohyun tilted his head at him while mouthing the silent protest. He shook his head, sending him ‘no empty spot left’ signal. After one minutes or so they proceed to sit down and try to act as fine as possible. If this another day before he met and talk with Jung Haein, he’ll find Woohyun and Dongwoo’s mortified expression in this situation amusing.

“Maybe I should skip today’s class...” Sunggyu muttered low, trying to break the defeaning silence in their table.

“You could if you want to fail this class...” Woohyun muttered back while sipping his Americano. He scowled at his response and followed Woohyun to gulp down his own Americano.

Dongwoo nodded then added, “It called ethics class for a reason...”

Sunggyu put down his Americano. “I seriously hate this class...” he grumbled low. “And this damn coffee not even work on—” his sentences interrupted by a vibrate from his phone. He picked up his phone grudgingly. It was Sungyeol who called him. He wondered what he wants from him now. “What?”

“I just got called from my dad, your dad is looking for you...” Sungyeol mused without even greeted him. He still sounds pissed. 

“Uh...what?” he asked him, totally not following what he just said.   

“Your dad is looking for you...” he repeated again.

He furrowed his brows. “You mean your dad is looking for me?”

He sighed, “No, your. old. man...” he spelled the words, sound annoyed.

Sunggyu scoffed. “If you were trying to be funny, now it's not the right timing...” he retorted afterward. “There’s no way he was looking for me unless he’s in—” he stopped talking and frowned when he actually get what Sungyeol’s sentence means. “No...no...it can’t be, I take care of everything...” he murmured low, more to himself.

“Are you finally losing your mind?” Sungyeol asked him in a sarcastic tone.

“What? Are you sure that's him?” he asked Sungyeol again, there's a chance he heard him wrong.

“Yes, of course, I am. What kind of idiot would dare lie to my dad...” Sungyeol replied to him again, not even trying to hide his annoyed tone.

He sighed in an exasperation. “Fine, so what is it you want to tell me?”

“My dad told him you’d probably at your class right now, then he left—”

“WHAT?” he exclaimed rather loudly. Several heads turn into his table, looking curious. “Are you kidding me? You just tell me now...” he asked Sungyeol in an irritated hushed tone afterward, feeling really frustrated now. 

“He just called me. Do you think I was a Shaman or something? How could I know that beforehand?” Sungyeol protested from the other end. “And what the fuss about it? Just go and meet your dad, problem solved...” he added again.   

“Just go and see him? You don’t know half of—Oh crap!” he hissed at the sudden realization.

“What? What the hell is going on Kim Sunggyu?” Sungyeol asked him, sound rather worried this time.

Business ethics class canceled because Prof. Lee has an important emergency meeting. Wait, it can’t be a coincidence. Prof. Lee Jaejin was his college’s friend and buddy. He’s one of the reasons he sent him here in the first place. How can he fail to notice this? “I think he’s here, I gotta go...” he said in a rushed tone before he hung up on bewildered Sungyeol.

“Uhm guys, I have something to do, see you on class..” he said to Dongwoo and Woohyun as he raised from his chair. Both of them give him a confused look. “Oh right, how do I look?” He asked them. Woohyun blinked several times while Dongwoo staring at him incredulously.

“You look like a nerdy hobo...” Woohyun said after several moments. Great! He’s doomed, he mentally cursed. He nodded then left, half-running since there’s no time to worry about his appearance right now.

***

Sunggyu panted hard as he stops in front of the conference room. Several people who just walked out from the conference room throw him a curious glance. He just ignored them and continue to catch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter