Part 13

Dangerously in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Haein and his friend just landed at the Hongkong International Airport when he got a phone call from the unknown caller id. After a good one minute staring blankly at the phone screen and contemplating whether to take the call or ignore it, he decided to answer it, “Yes...”

“It’s me...” greeted a male voice from the other end. Jung Haein recognized that voice instantly. It was from Kim Sunggyu. He sounds troubled. He felt a chill of foreboding run down his spine.

“What’s going on?” He asked him carefully as a series of worst scenarios were popping up in his head. There must be something wrong.

“Eunji just fainted...” Jung Haein stopped dead in his tracks the moment Sunggyu broke the news to him.

“What?” he responded almost in a whisper. “What do you mean she just fainted? She was fine when I leave her with you 2 hours ago...” he gritted his teeth while Jongsuk and Jaeha stared at him in confusion.

He heard Sunggyu drew a tired sigh from the other line, then murmured, “Something unexpected comes up—”

“Something unexpected???” he repeated Sunggyu words. “You want me to believe that bull?” he almost yelled at the latter as the mixture of anger and guilt overtake him. Sunggyu did not respond. “I leave my sister with you for two hours and you already make her fainted? What did you do? You thought I was joking around when I warned you about messing around with my sister, didn’t you?” he continued again, enraged.

“I never expected something like this would happen, it just everything happens so fast, one moment she was fine then she just collapsed. I seriously have no idea what’s going on...” Sunggyu muttered. “...I’m sorry...” he added again after a long pause.

Jung Hae In rubbed his face in frustration. He was right, he should never leave Eunji with him. Mom and Dad would kill him If they ever found out about he just left their little princess with some stranger, not to mention the dangerous kind of stranger he knew nothing about. He cursed himself for being such an idiot. “Where are you now? Where is Eunji?” he asked afterward.

“I brought her to a nearby hospital...” Sunggyu replied him in a somber tone.

Jung Hae In pressed his lips into a thin line and said, “Just stay where you are. I’ll send our doctor to get her...”

“But she’s still unconscious, it’ll be inconvenient to move her—”

“I want her as far away as possible from you...” he interrupted Sunggyu’s words in cold tone then hung up the phone call. “We’re going back...” he said as he turned around to face Jongsuk and Jaeha who look completely lost.

“Going back? To Seoul? What is going on?” Jongsuk asked him, looking worried.

“Eunji fainted...” he muttered low.

“WHAT???” both of them exclaimed with a flabbergasted expression.

“But why? I don’t understand...” Jaeha murmured with concerned. “Unless there was some series of violence or bloody fight—”

“It still doesn’t make sense...” Jongsuk int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter