Part 6

Dangerously in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu stops at Eunji and her friend’s table with a tray full of beverages. They stop talking right away and he can’t help but had the feeling they’re just talking about him. They do look like having a great discussion before he arrived. He wonders what a bunch of pretty girls talk about him, probably about that lounge incidents. But he tries to shoo away that thought as he put the order on their table. Bomi murmurs thank you and smile awkwardly at him. Well, that's a bit unnatural—

“What are you doing on the weekend?” Eunji interrupted his analyzing thought when he places a green latte in front of her.

“Huh? Me?” He asks her, slightly confused.

“Yes...” She nods eagerly. He tilts his head slightly, trying to guess her intention. Her cheery tone sounds alarming and a bit suspicious.

“Hm...probably working” He replies her shortly. For a split second, she looks a bit disappointed with his answer. “Why?” he asks afterward because her somber expression got him curious about what she wants to say next.

“I want you to accompany me to an event...” He blinks bewildered at her next sentence while the girls giggle and whispering with each other. 

“You want to go with me?” She nods again with such cute-pleading expression he ever saw. Wow. She actually asked him out? He can’t believe this. But knowing Eunji, this can’t be that simple. She’s probably cooking up something behind those innocent eyes and sweet smile.

“Yeah, I have to go to this event, but I can’t go with the girls only. So, I need you to accompany me...” she explains to him.

“I don’t think that a good idea...” he laughs awkwardly. There’s no way Jung Haein will let her go with him alone. “I don’t think your brother will agree with that terms, besides I have to work on the weekend...” he refuses her offer carefully.

“But I already told him I’ll go with you...” she says nonchalantly then sips her green latte.

“Well, it can’t be...Wait, what?” He asks her, completely flustered when he realizes the meaning of her sentences. What the hell! How could she talk so casually about going somewhere with him to his brother? “Are you sure?” he asks her again after regaining from his composure.

“Yup, and he wanted to talk with you first...” she continues again, completely ignores his flustered expression.  

“But... I really can’t, you know I have work to do...” he tries to excuse himself from her plan again.

“About that, I can talk to your shop's manager if you want...” She suggests afterward. “I’m pretty sure he or she won’t mind to let you go for just one day, besides I’m really good at convincing people...” she grins at him.

“Oh no! You don’t have to...” he refuses her idea immediately. That’s a very bad idea. Woohyun’s mom is a nice middle-aged lady who believes he should go out and have a date once in while on the weekend instead of working himself like crazy. So it won’t be that challenging to convince her to let him go. She’ll kick him out of the coffee shop with pleasure. 

“Why?” she looks baffled.

“Asking my manager is a bit...” he stops in the middle of his sentence trying to make up some reasonable story.   

“I don’t think that would be a problem unless you are lying about having a job on the weekend...” Sunggyu waves his hands and clears his throat to deny her accusation but she continues before he even starts talking. “You really don’t want to go with me that much?” she stares at him with slightly hurt expression.

“No... that’s not what I mean...I mean...” He looks at the other girls for help but they gesture him to just accept her offers.

Eunji heaves a deep sigh then start talking again. “Fine, if you don’t want to go, but you still have to talk with my brother and convince him to let me go alone...” He stares at her dumbfounded. He can’t believe what he just heard. Does he have to convince her brother now? Is she for real? How could she fail to notice all those death glares her brother throwing at him. 

“Are you crazy? Do you want me to get killed or something?” he responds to her in low dramatic tone. She rolls her eyes. “No, thanks...” he adds afterward.

“Oh, come on Gyu!!!” she whines right away. He shook his head sternly.

“I have job to do if you excuse me...” he mutters trying to get away from her.   

“Should I cry here??” He turns around and raises his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter