Part 8

Dangerously in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even after a while, Sunggyu still can’t believe what he just saw. How is this even possible? The idol Eunji supposed to see is him, Kim Myungsoo. Yeah, of course, he knew Myungsoo. He’s been into acting for a while, but he confused about his stage name for a moment. He had a hunch before Eunji showed him that picture, but feeling quite unsure she was talking about the same ‘L’ he knew.

This new revelation changes everything for him. No way he’d attend that fanmeeting and risk the chance of meeting Myungsoo and blow everything off. That the last thing he needs right now. There’s no point adding another problem into his life. 

He stares at the clueless girl in front of him, what should he do about this? Then he remembered what she said to him yesterday. After contemplating for a moment he decides to ask her about it. “Yah! if I can convince your brother to let you go alone, I don’t have to go with you right?”

She raised her head from her meals. “Yeah, why?”

“Well, I can’t get my head around this event, so I thought maybe I should explore another option...” he lied while maintaining his poker face.

She knitted her brows, probably senses something off. “All of sudden?”

“Yeah, I don’t think I can handle hysterical fangirls...” he shook his head while imagining he swarmed around by a lot of teenage girls who screaming and crying upon seeing their idol.

“Oh, come on, I’m pretty sure you can handle them...” He shook his head one more time. “Besides I already bluff about going with you to my annoying brother...” she protested. He shrugged. “It’ll be great, believe me! I mean you had the chance to meet my L~oppa and you’ll love him...” she added again, half joking.

Sunggyu throws her unimpressed mocking look. “My L~oppa? Really?”

“Why? You want me to call you oppa too?” she muttered in a flirty tone. Sunggyu opens his mouth to respond to her question, but nothing comes out. He lost count at how many times she left him speechless since they’ve met. This girl is seriously one of a kind. Her confidence never ceased to amaze him.

“You really something...” he murmured after a while. “I can imagine Jung Hae In’s pain...” He shook his head, still dazed by her words. She scowled. “Do you really have to go to that event?” he asked her afterward.

“YES!” she replied in a fiery tone. “I’ve got a spot without pulling any string and paid it with my own money, there’s no way I’ll let my brother screw it for me...” she explained with firm determination.

“Let me guess he still not taking any of that?” She sighed and shook her head. “Well, I guess I have to make him let you go then...” he concluded.

“But why? You already get a day off, might as well spend it with me...” she asked him, looking suspicious.

“Yeah, I’ve got to enjoy my day off, thanks to you. But I had a second thought about going along with you to that event...” he explained to her again.   

She stares at him then said, “I don’t get it, you don’t have anything to do and you don’t even have a girlfriend either...”

“Well, I had my reason...” he muttered low. “Besides if there’s another option instead of going to that event, I’ll take it any days...” she didn’t say anything, probably trying to read his mind. “And it’ll do both of us a favor...”

“What favor?”  

He let out a long sigh before answering her oblivious question. “If you haven’t noticed yet, your brother and his friends didn’t really fond of me. So, I rather stay off his radar before things get more complicated...” she stunned for several seconds then burst out laughing.

“I don’t know you were that scared of him...” she mumbled between her laugh. 

“No, I’m not scared...” he waved his hand at her. “I just need to stay out of trouble...”

She shook her head then muttered, “Whatever, you can try to convince him...”

***

“Booth 3...” Sunggyu raised his head up just to find out Sungyeol staring at him with a deeply concerned expression while handing him an order list.

“What?” he asked him, furrowing his eyebrows at the latter.

“Do you know Jung Hae In?” he asked him back without answering his question.

“Yeah, of course, I know him...” he replies Sungyeol nonchalantly and back to his activity.

“I mean personally...” Sungyeol insisted to continue their conversation about Jung Haein. He frowned. This isn’t like Sungyeol at all. He never this keen of interrogating him before. This can’t be good. “He’s looking for you...” he looked unimpressed and rather pissed. “Can’t you please stay out of trouble just for one week? It’s killing me...” he continued in a frustrated tone.

“What on earth are you talking about? He’s a senior at my college, everyone knows him...” he tears his gaze away from suspicious Sungyeol. He hasn’t told him anything about what happened in the college these days nor about Jung Eunji.

“So much for laying low huh? What are you doing this time?” he’s clearly not buying that explanation.

He sighed. “I happen to get involve with his sister...” he mumbled low.

“For God sake Kim Sunggyu!!!” Sungyeol almost shrieked in suppressing anger. “How the hell you manage to get involve with Jung Eunji??” he hissed angrily.

“You know her? How?” he stares at Sungyeol, baffled.

“Every goddamn people in this city know her, she’s the only daughter of Jung’s family, how can you not know her??” he glared at him.

He scoffed. “How it is my faults I don’t know about them. In case you forget, I had bacon to fry at the moment to give a damn about some chaebol’s family drama...” he argued back. “And I think you’re overreacting and paranoid! I was helping his sister once, he probably just want to thanks me for it...” he added afterward.

“I seriously doubt it...” Sungyeol didn’t budge. “And you’re going to tell me everything later. But now you’re going to walk down to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter