Part 11

Dangerously in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday comes faster than Sunggyu expected. He wakes up this morning in a really crappy mood. It didn’t have anything to do with the fact he has to accompany Jung Eunji to this certain event. The reason he gets so snappy this morning is that he received so many congratulatory messages from God knows who about his imaginary inauguration, apparently, plus one notice about his schedule draft from some girl who called herself his secretary.

“Secretary my ...” he cursed low for nth time while kicking the unexisting gravel at walk path to Yonsei Main Auditorium where they hold the bloody fanmeeting.

Just thinking about it all over again made him enraged, again. He’s been trying to reach his old man since this morning to get some explanation but he didn’t hear back from him until now, his secretary said he had an important meeting abroad or probably he just ignoring his calls. Sometimes he can’t fathom what’s going on inside his old man head.

He sighed in exasperation then look around the area, he found three group of teenage girls. They gave him a suspicious look. He quickly looked away and pulled down her black cap and decide to wait for Jung Eunji and her girl squad somewhere else, away from a bunch of these teenage girls. It’ll be very inconvenient for him if he was mistaken as a ert in this situation.    

Several minutes later, Jung Eunji shows up with Jung Haein and her girl squad. He furrowed his brows, confused but can’t help feeling hopeful, it’ll be great if Jung Haein decides to accompany his little sister at last moment. He pulled off his black mask and wave at them.

“I thought you have to be in Hongkong?” he blurted out when Jung Haein stopped in front of him.

“I’m on my way to the airport...” he replied him while scanning his appearance from head to toe. “Did you just attend a funeral before coming here?” he asked him afterward.

“Funeral?” he asked him, dumbfounded. “Ah...this..” he said when he realized Jung Haein refers to his all-black outfit. “Uhm..not really, I’m just mourning my day-off...” he tried to brush it off.

“I’m okay with all black outfit...” Eunji muttered. “But do you really have to wear this?” she snatched away his black cap. “Oh, you didn’t wear your funny spectacles today...” she said again, looking amused.

“Y-yah. Give it back...” he quickly snatched it back from her, she furrowed her eyebrows at him with one arm floating in mid-air. For a second he completely forgets Jung Haein was there, but luckily he didn’t say anything but gives him a suspicious stare. “It’s because those girls have been staring at me as if I was some sort of lunatic and I haven’t seen any guy so far, so don’t blame me...” He tried to explain afterward. The girls stunned for a moment then burst out laughing at his lame excuse.

“If I were them I’ll stare at you too, you look so suspicious, you even got a mask? Seriously?” Bomi asked him while holding her stomach, still laughing.

“I’m surprised they didn’t call the security on you...” Chorong shook her head. He wants to laugh at the irony in those sentence.

“Hey, it’s not my fault I don’t fit in...” he responds to them, feeling bitter. 

“Ok, I guess I have to go now...” Jung Haein glanced at his watch half-heartedly, he probably didn’t want to leave his baby sister with him, lowkey he wished Jung Haein stay, forget about his flight to Hongkong and let him out of here. “Have fun girls!” Jung Haein’s farewell shattered the last glimpse of hope that he had. He bids the girls and gestures Sunggyu to follow him.

Several feet away from the girls, out of earshot, Jung Haein stopped walking and started talking, “I know you were hiding something...” Sunggyu frowned. He’s sharp as always, he thought, but he decides to not give him any response.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter