Part 1

Dangerously in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Late afternoon at the end of Spring Kim Sunggyu sitting alone beneath a big old tree on the old park at the south side of his luxurious and prestigious college building. There’s nothing special about this park actually. Just like every other park in the world—maybe, a wide area covered by grassland with several old wooden benches around the parks, playground for kids and old trees with numerous branches. But it’s pretty famous among his colleague—he saw several of them when he entered this park, and people around this area obviously. Probably because of fresh air and nice scenery. He doesn’t know for sure, it’s his first time come here anyway. Though, unlike the other people who stop by to take a breath and enjoy the park’s scenery at late afternoon, he’s actually come here to work on his assignments for tomorrow, since nearby cafe or coffee shop full of people and too noisy for his likes. Actually, he supposed to work on this assignment at his flat, but this one friend asks him to cover his night shift today. Well, since he’ll need that job for a while, he has no choice and maybe in the future he could use his bits of help too. 

Sunggyu has been very serious and focuses on his assignments for an hour or so, unaware of his surrounding. Well, he had his earphone on, eyes lock on the notebook and both of his hand on the keyboard, punching the words vomit about ‘Business Ethics on Profit-Oriented Business Owners’ essay. Yeah, not his most favorite subject. Besides—

“Aaaaaaa...” He startled by a loud yelp from someone who apparently stripped over his straightened legs on the ground. A girl with dark brown hair in white shirt and jeans. His eyes widened when she lost her balance, he tossed aside his notebook right before she landed on him.

“Ouhh....” Both of them grunt in pain on the grass.   

“Ugh....what the...” she winces as she struggles to get up from him.

Sunggyu still laying down on the grass. “I think you just broke my ribs...” he mutters while holding his ribs. He glances up when there’s no response from her. He saw her gripping her right arm with twinge expression. “Are you okay miss...?” He asks her as he gets up and startled slightly when he realizes how close their face to each other. He pulls back almost immediately afterward and clears his throat.

She shifted her gaze to him. “Am I okay?” she asks him back. He blinked. “I just trip and fell over because of you, how am I supposed to be ok?” she says again, enraged. He stunned. “And I got hurt...” she adds again rather dramatically afterward.

“O..oh..wait..wait a minute...” Sunggyu responds to her and looks around cautiously. He doesn’t want them to be a center of attraction, though its a bit too late to worry about that actually. Her yelling earlier explain everything. “How is this my faults? You’re the one who trips over my legs...” he continues again. Some people glance curiously in their direction.

“What?” she pursed her lips. “You don’t know why? It’s because of your damn legs, I was walking just fine before I fell. And I would never fell down if you’re not putting or straightened your legs on the way...” she adds again sounds upset. “So, it’s your faults...” she mutters with a sharp gaze at him.

He stares at her, dumbfounded. “Sorry? what?”

“Or who knows maybe you did it on purpose...” She says again. Sunggyu laughs speechless at what she just said.

“Huh? Yeah? I don’t even know you or even saw you coming. Why would I do that?” he asks her. She just stares back at him. Not waver. “I’ve been here like for hours now, but nobody trips over my legs until you...” he retorts back, firmly. She flustered slightly. “And if you haven’t realized yet, you just fell down on top of me and almost broke my freaking ribs. How is that define I'm doing this on purpose. Please get your damn fact straight...” he adds again, slightly pissed of her accusation. He regrets it right away, not because he realizes how mean he sounds, but because of her tears start to fall on her pale cheeks. He flustered. “Hey.. hey....” he mutters panic.

A group of middle age lady around their forties that sits in a group several meters away from his place glance over, throwing him a judging look, then starts gossipping with each other. “He looks like a nice and good kid who is doing great at school, but he made a pretty girl cries in public place...” said one of the middle age lady in the red dress. “He’s probably going to leave her now, poor girl...” Somebody adds again. The others nod along, agreeing with her. “That’s why you can’t judge a book by its cover...” The tallest one between them adds again. “Kids nowadays is scary...” And many others.

What the hell? How is that relevant to his situation right now? Well, he did sounds a little mean to her earlier, but technically he just trying to defend himself. So it’s totally not his faults she’s crying. There's another possibility she's crying because of she hurts herself when she fell down. He looks at her frustratingly. “Hey... stop crying...” he mumbles softly to her. “Why the hell you even cry...for god sake...” he hissed low when another group of people passes by. She sobs even more. “Yah...stop crying..ok..ok I’m sorry for yelling at you, ok...” he whispers low in panic tone. He moves closer to her, trying to comfort her. “I’m so sorry for making you fell down...so please stop crying...” he says again.

“Fine...” She mumbles low and move closer to him and leaning her head to his chest and buried her face in it. Okay. What’s going on here? What’s wrong with this girl? This the first time he saw her, let alone know her, why she so— His train of thoughts interrupted by her shaking shoulder, it got him worried for a second, but then soft chuckles follow and vibrating on his chest. “Your panic and dumbfounded expression are so freaking funny, I don't think I would ever stop thinking about it from now on...” she mutters low between her chuckles.

Sunggyu dumbfounded. Again. What did she just said? She's just messing with him. Oh, God. He cursed under his breath. “Now, get off me...” he hissed low, slightly pissed off. "And thanks to you for making me a-meany-guy-who-makes-gir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter