Chapter 2

Promise

Mark cannot believe that he met the rude boy again. They just glare at each other. Expression hard and the feeling were weird. They were speechless as they try to register the person who standing in front of them was not a dream.

“Why, why are you here? Are you following me?” Mark asked.

Jinyoung scoffed. ‘What? Following you? You think I have time to follow and play with you?’ Jinyoung raged. “Shouldn’t I ask you the question? Why are you here?”

‘I’m studying here. What else should I do? Didn’t know you also an idiot.’ Mark fire back at him.

‘I’m not an idiot. You are.’

‘No, I’m not. It is you.’

‘Its you.’

‘You.’

They keep fire back at each other like kids. After they feel tired saying who are idiot they stopped and glare at each other.  Then suddenly they are laughing.

“This is so stupid. What are we arguing?’ Jinyoung said. Smile at his face.

‘I don’t know. Suddenly I feel stupid what was happen just now.’ Mark said still giggling at the situation.

‘I’m Jinyoung. You?’ he extended his hand asked for a handshake.

Mark take it without doubted. “Mark. Nice to see you… again.’

‘Yeah. We met again.’

They didn’t let go of their hands for quite a long time, feeling the warm emitted from the other hand and keep staring into each other eyes. Suddenly a student came, then they jolted from each other like there is an electric pushed them.

The student who just came looking weird at them and enter the cubicle.

 Suddenly, the feeling right now was weird between them. They look at each other slowly and didn’t know where to start the conversation, earned a giggled from Jinyoung.

“Why are you laughing?”, Mark asked confused.

“Nothing. Just.. It is funny, Mark..”, Jinyoung continue to say but the alarm clocks ringing, so he patted Mark’s shoulder and said this to him: “Well, if you didn’t have anything to say then I’m out. Bye. See you later..”, and Jinyoung walked away letting Mark confused and shakes his head.

Jinyoung feel butterfly in his stomach. He cannot stop smiling on his lips because he got to meet the boy that make his heart so much flustered from their first met that night.

 

At class

The class is always noisy.  Jinyoung was sitting near the window in the middle. He was relaxing when Mark appeared, walking into the class further. ‘He was also in this class? Why I had never noticed him.’ Jinyoung talked to himself.

Mark was walking into the class. He not noticed Jinyoung yet after he heard his voice again.

‘You again?’

‘You!’

The teachers come into the class before they can continue their conversation. Mark walked to his seat which is a same row as Jinyoung but he was at the last one. He loves he seat very much because sometime teachers didn’t realized he was sleeping during class.  ‘He also in this class?’ Mark was mumbling to himself.

The class end. When he was inserting his things into the bag, he saw Jinyoung walked to his table. His heart skips a beat and he feel he breath was taking away.

‘Didn’t know you also in this class? What a coincidence.’ Jinyoung said chuckling.

‘Maybe because I was always sleeping during class and that is why you never noticed me.’ Mark reasoned out before he continues. ‘But I also not realized you also in this class.’

‘That was because you always sleep.’ Jinyoung said.

Mark laughed at Jinyoung statement. Jinyoung follow him after that. Jinyoung want to continue chatting with Mark when suddenly his friend, Jaebum called him to back home. He curses his friends inside for being interrupter.

 

Mark was walking home when he saw a group of descent people making his way toward him. He having bad feeling. He decided to just ignore and walking away like without having any eye contact with them. He tried to walk farther than their way but who he is to deny his fate. He steps was halted when two people from the group stop in front of him. His brain was trying to figure out how to save him from this situation.

‘Hey pretty boy. Where are you going alone? Home? How about we go have some fun?’ one of them grabbed Mark chin and lift it up so that Mark was looking at him but Mark snapped the hand away from his face.

Mark wasn’t a weak boy. He knows some martial arts to protect himself. His late dad had thought him some of it to protect himself. He had been disturbed since he was in middle school because of his pretty face. This wasn’t new to him but having the disturber this many was new to him. He doesn’t know if he can escape from this.

‘Don’t touch me with your dirty hand.’ Mark said sternly.

The man was really pissed when Mark his hand get snapped and start to grab Mark’s collar shirt.

‘How dare you. But I like it when you become aggressive and mad. You look cuter like that. Let go we have some fun.’ Then two people grabbed his armed to take him away and of course Mark refused it. He struggling from their grab and when he does he released punches to their face. Without waste his time and it was his chance to runaway since the group was having their time to recover from Mark’s strong punch. Unfortunately, his leg was grabbed by one of the guy and he fell down to the ground. The guy immediately sits on Mark body to restraint him from struggling. He grabbed Mark’s both hand and pinned to the ground.  He shouted from help since it was the last resort he can do now, but nobody was there to rescue him.

Just then, the guy that was sitting on him was removed harshly from him. He then saw the person who comes to save him. It was Jinyoung and his friend came on time to save Mark which makes him very surprised. After hitting and fighting all of them, Jinyoung stand in front of Mark and offered him a hand to stand up because he was just sitting on the ground watching Jinyoung and his friend fighting the group.

‘We meet again.’ Jinyoung said after helping Mark up.

“Thank you for saving me”, Mark said.

“Uh, I’m just doing the right thing. Are you living near here? You want me accompany you?’’ Jinyoung offer his help.

‘No it’s okay. I can manage it. I am just living nearby here.’

‘Anyways, go home soon. Maybe your parents are waiting for you. You don’t want these guys see you again right.”

“Ah….uh…okay.  I got to go, bye”, Mark said and runs away.

‘So, do you want to explain to me or let me just assume anything?’

‘Shut up. I’ll explain later. Right now we must settles this bunch of bastards here.’ Jinyoung said pointing at the groups that lying on the ground completely beaten up.

He and Jaebum was walking home when they heard someone screaming and it was Mark being assaulted by a group of gangster. Luckily he arrived on time.

‘How dare they touch my Mark’ he mumbling to himself.  My mark? since when he became mine? I must be crazy. Jinyoung just standing there and shakes his head.

‘Are you okay? You are weird dude.’ Jaebum feels strange at his friend action.

‘Nothing. Lets settles these guys.’