Chapter 15

Promise

Momo received an invitation from Mark to attend his party where all their old friends will be there. Momo thought that this was her chance to announce to everyone about her and Mark so that the chance for them to be together for a longer time higher. Thinking about together with Mark for a longer time had made her smile ear to ear. She had been dreamed about it long time ago.  Now she planned to get rid her rival, Jinyoung so that he will not be a shadow to her and Mark in future.

 

Jinyoung doesn’t know Mark and his friends plan. He was asked to stay at home for the rest of the night. He was curious but he believes their friends and they will tell him later on. On the other hand, Mark was having internal battle because he quite unsure about the planned will be hundred percent successes. He worried Jinyoung’s safety as he was leave alone at home. But this is the only way to get rid Momo. He received a call from Momo earlier asking him what dress she should wear for the function. Mark want to laugh initially because she was so excited about the fake party, be he remain to act cool telling her to wear any dress that make her look beautiful. Well at least 50% of the plan succeeds.

 

Everything was set up at mark’s house. The cctv and recorder had been put at hidden places. Even though they already had enough evidence but if they can get more it will easier when they want to present to the police. They are now waiting for the main ‘actor’ for the plan. When Momo enter the house, she surprised there is no one or environment show that there was a party. There is no doubt she looks beautiful but not her heart.

“Mark, where is everyone?”

‘No need for everyone. It is enough just you and me. We had thing to clear.’

‘Really? Didn’t know you want to spend just two of us. That was so sweet. So, what the thing that you want to discuss?’

 ‘I want you surrender to police. Enough with all your dirty works and stop make others people suffering with your selfishness. You can’t get everything in this world what you want.’

‘What? Give myself to police? Are you crazy? Come on Mark. We almost unite again after. If I went to police and surrender how can we will be together.’

‘It was a lied. I did that to make you spill out your evil plan. I will never back to you again. So please, stop all your dirty works and change yourself. You will never find happiness in this way. You just ruin yourself. if you don’t want give yourself then I will make you into jail by myself.’

Mark lift his hand in the air and make a wave as a signal. A group of police out from their hidden place and surround her. Momo was surprised but her not moving at all. She suddenly laughs loudly.

‘What are you doing Mark? You set a trap for me? That was a nice gift. Did you remember what I said? If I don’t get you, then Jinyoung will not get you too.’

‘What do you mean?’ Mark starts panicking. He didn’t like what he will be heard.

‘What I mean is? You think you had put enough protection to protect Jinyoung? Did he still at his home right now? How about you call him?’ Momo was mocking Mark. Smirks on his face.

‘What did you do?’ Mark was furious at the mention of Jinyoung. He already put bodyguards at home. He quickly called Jinyoung number but no answer. He tried again but failed.

Mark was about to lunched forward but was held by his friends.

‘What did you do to him?’

 ‘I didn’t do anything to him….. yet.’ Momo smirks at Mark reaction thinking that she wins this time.

‘What you want?’ mark said angrily.

‘Let me go or Jinyoung die. Your choice.’

“Fine but I will let you go when I see Jinyoung first.’

 

 

 

They were at the location where jinyoung was kidnaped and kept. It was an old factory building. A group of men were standing outside the building. Jinyoung was held by the two of the men. His hands were tied and his mouth and eyes were covered. They are opposite each other, ready to make a deal. Mark spotted his dad among those men. He feels sad that his dad still choose this road.

‘Dad, I am very disappointed you still choose to side her.  Why you need to live like this. Its still not too late to repent. You still have a chance even you had to be in prison.’ Mark said sadly. His eyes shows sadness but it still no affects his father.

‘Shut your mouth mark. I’m not your dad anymore. Stop calling me dad from now on.’

‘No, you still my dad now and forever, even you had done many bad things.’

‘I said shut up! We were not here to make any family drama. Let go of her. Then you will got your boy.’

Mark give up to persuade his dad anymore. 

‘Fine.’

Mark signaled his friends to let her go. Only them that had gone there without involve polices, that’s what had been request by the latter. But Mark had make an emergency secret planned with the police to attack them when the situation out of control.

They let open the cloth that covers jinyoung eyes mouth. Without release the rope that tied around his hand they push he forward indicates that he can go. Momo was not tied like Jinyoung, so they just ask her to go to that side. When Jinyoung and Momo pass by each other, Momo evilly smirks like she was planning something but Jinyoung ignore her. He can’t do anything with his tied hand. 

 

When he was near to Mark and his friends, he heard a gunshot and he body was spun by Mark. He still in shock and dazed. Then his friends shout Marks name and he was in mark embraced. Mark was pulled back only to look at him and smiled at him. Then, suddenly his body slammed into Jinyoung that cased both of them to fall on the ground. Mark was shot. Jinyoung was very shock that he loses his word to speak or even to scream.

‘M-..Mark… No…no..no..’

They were in the situation where the gunshot battle between momo side and police happen. They had to get out of the area to keep them safe and to send Mark to hospital immediately before he is losing too much blood. After getting Jinyoung and Mark in the car and releasing jinyoung tied hand, they drove away from the site leaving polices to handle the situation happen there. Jinyoung was embracing Mark crying mess and hope they can reach to hospital quickly.

As they reach hospital, Mark was quickly entered the operation room and luckily the shot does not effected any important organs. Jinyoung and his friend’s relief Mark was safe.  Jinyoung stubbornly want to stay at Mark side even though he need to rest since he had been through a lot in just less than 24 hours.

The next morning, Mark wake up with sore all his body especially his back since his was shot there and his throats feel dry and thirsty. He tries to move his hand but something was heavy preventing him to move. When he look down, Jinyoung head was on his hand and was sleeping. Mark shakes his hand intent to wake up Jinyoung and it is a success. Jinyoung slowly open his tired eyes. He lift his head and rub his eyes to clear his vision. He smiles when he was greeted with Mark face that smiles weakly at him.

He immediately urges forward to hug him but then he remember was in pain so he stop in the middle.

‘It’s okay. Come on, give me a hug.’ Mark also need a hug from his lover eventhough that might hurt a little.

‘Mark….’ Jinyoung gently hug him and crying into his chest for the nth time.

‘Shh.. Don’t cry. I’m okay now. I’m not dead yet.’ but that only make jinyoung sobbing louder.

‘Don’t do that again.’

‘Do what?’

‘Don’t take a gun for me again or make your body as shield.’

‘Why not? Of course I will do that. I had promise you to protect you at all cost. So this one also my promise. ‘

‘but not put yourself in danger.’

‘It’s okay. Everything alright now… I guess.’

Mark smile and kiss Jinyoung head. “Yup. Happily for all of us.”

It’s been 3 days since Momo and Mark’s dad have been to jail. Everything is back to normal. Momo was shot in her arms while Mark’s dad is getting hurt from his knee. Before that, Momo go to apologized to Jinyoung for what everything she have done, but he didn’t accept her apology and so Mark’s father.

Mark is still staying in the hospital with Jinyoung to get some recovery. It has been a long time they are finally back together.  Thanks to his friends, their love became stronger day by day, and Mark is really pray that they will love each other and happily ever after, even though Mark did his fool things to Jinyoung is to protect him from bad evils.

The sun shines from the window makes Mark wakes up so early. He feels happy, finally Jinyoung has trusted him. Mark look at Jinyoung right now, he is still so sleepy because he cried so much last night.  Mark look at him carefully once again, and then he slowly kiss every inch of his face, he also brush his hair very soflty. Jinyoung struggles his body to open his eyes, then he saw Mark is looking at him with love.

“Mark…….”, Jinyoung softly voice makes him smile and Mark slowly give him a pecked on his lips.

“Morning”, Mark greeted him and Jinyoung smile.

“Did you feel better?”, Jinyoung asks him.

“I’m good now. Did you have sleep well last night?”

“I did. Thanks”, Jinyoung look at Mark and he smiled, kissing his cheek. “Thank you, Mark huyng…”

“For what….”, Mark confused.

“For saving and loving me…If I didn’t meet you at the first time, maybe my life wasn’t that bad. But now that I got you…I feel happy”, Jinyoung confessed to Mark and Mark kissing him so deeply.

“From now on, you can trust me cause I’m going to make you the best person ever in the world”, Mark’s statement makes Jinyoung smiled a lot.

“I trust you”, Jinyoung smiled and he yawned so suddenly. “Can I continue sleeping now. I feel tired.”

Mark chuckled from his lover’s request. “It’s okay. Go to sleep. You must be tired from yesterday”.

Jinyoung nodded at Mark and he asleep. Mark smiled at his cute lover. He kissed on top his head again and whispered “I love you”, and then he hugged Jinyoung again to sleep on his arms.  

 

The next day, Mark is finally getting a discharge from the hospital and he went back to his own home with Jinyoung. They walked hand in hand together and smiling on the way back home. When Mark opened the door, he got surprised because all of his friends were there to welcoming him.

“Surprise, bro. Welcome home. We missed you”, Rap Monster said as he hugged Mark.

“Miss you too, buddy”, Mark nodded and they hi-five.

“We made a party to welcome you, Mark”, Jackson popped the balloon while Bambam is blowing a horn crazily.

“Haha, thanks bro. Now let’s eat. I’m hungry”, Mark said and everyone get in to the table to have some food.

Mark and Jinyoung are having the party with their friends right now. After the party, they stayed at Mark’s home and everyone played the music so loudly. Mark also annouced that Jinyoung and him will get married next year makes them shouting a lot which earned a lot of chuckle from them. Jackson and Bambam also dating for 2 years while Jaebum is dating with Youngjae. Mark is looking at their friends right now and he feel glad for them.

 

Jinyoung is leaving alone in this room and he is looking at the window, thinking about the time he had Mark by his side.  For the 1st time they met in the toilet with a funny story, then for the 1st time Mark protected him through bad gangster and evil, Jinyoung feel really blessed that he got him.  Jinyoung was smiling happily himself that he didn’t noticed the door is open.

“What are you thinking, Jinyoung?”, it’s Mark’s voice. Jinyoung giggled and turn to him.

“Nothing. I just thinking that how I am lucky to be with you”, Jinyoung said and Mark laughed.

“I am lucky to be with you too”, Mark hugged Jinyoung from behind that make him feel warm at the moment.

“Thank you Mark, for everything…”, Jinyoung look at Mark and smiled.

“That’s my mission, is to protect you, Jinyoung ah. You are my happiness”, Mark soflty said and brushed his hair.

“Will you always be by my side and protect me for whole life?” Jinyoung asked Mark with gaze of love as they both held hands..

“I promise”, and with that Mark kissed Jinyoung on lips and they watch the sunset together.

 

As long as you trust me, I will always be there to protect you and promise to love you forever for the whole life.