Chapter 3

Promise

Mark was having mental breakdown because of sleepless night again because of one guy named Jinyoung and got teased by his friend again. Today he feels very sleepy and the need to just laid and closed his eyes were very strong. So, he skips out the first class, mathematics class, and went to the rooftop to sleep. He was one of the top student in Mathematics class and he only need to borrow Jackson’s note to catch what he missed. This is not his first time he skip class because he feels the urge to sleep. 

Jinyoung looked behind him to search for Mark, but he was nowhere to be seen. ‘Did something happen to him? I should had send him home yesterday.’ He talking within his mind.
First period had ended, Mark was still sleeping soundly on the roof. His sleep was interrupted when his phone was buzzing non-stop. He took out his phone in the pocket and answer it without looking at the caller name. 
‘MARK! where are you, dude? You have been missing the first period.’ It was Jackson.
Mark distance his ear from the phone because Jackson was so loud. 
‘Jackson…. I’m on the roof.  I was sleeping.’
‘Just wait there. I’m coming. You want eat anything. Oh, I just get you anything. I hang up.’ Jackson hang up.
Mark exhaled the heavy breath after the call. He was supposed to sleep only for math class but he was not awake for the whole first period.
He got up from his place and when near the fence. Then he realized he was not alone. There was a boy who also sleeping there but he cannot see his face because his back was facing him. Just then the boy awake and get up. He turn around and his eyes land on Mark. Both their eyes wide.
‘You again?’
‘You? Is this some kind of fate? Why we always seeing each other?
‘I don’t know. Maybe it was a fate for us to become friends. Don’t you think so?’
‘Yeah maybe. By the way, how long have you slept here? I don’t think I had seen you before I sleep.’
‘What time now?’
‘Already end of the first period.’
‘I sleep the whole first period then.’
‘So, you want to continue sleeping until the end of school or you going to class?’
‘I think I’m going back to class. I can continue sleep at home. Do you want to stay here?’
‘Just a little moment. I’m waiting for my friend to come bring me food.’ 
‘Okay. I’ll just go first. My friend might wait for me. So, see you in the class.’
‘Oh wait. Thanks again for yesterday. Maybe I should treat you something delicious someday. ‘
‘Oh yeah. Its nothing actually but your offer sound nice. I’ll keep your word.’
‘Yes. You can trust me. Can you give your number so that I can contact you when we can have meal together?’ Very smooth Mark.
‘Of course.’
They exchange their number and Jinyoung went to the class after that with smiling on his face. He can’t believe Mark ask for his number. Now he is looking forward to their ‘date’.

Few days later, there was a message received by Jinyoung. It was Mark. Mark had invited him to had a dinner together at this restaurant. He heart skipped a beat when he received the invitation. He should not get nervous since it was just two guys eating together. Nothing special except he wants it to be special.