Chapter 1

Promise

CHAPTER 1

 

Jinyoung came from a broken family and his father was a CEO of the company. When he was 9, his parents divorced and he was taken by his father. He doesn’t like his father’s attitude, womanizer and hot tempered. That is why his mother left him because she cannot stand his father which sometime releases his anger by beating her. Some time he dares to bring other women into the house and even slept with them. Jinyoung always saw his mother crying alone in the kitchen. He was helpless at that time because he was too young to understand the whole thing. But his mother always smiles at him even her face cover with bruises from the beating. He knows he loves his mother and her beautiful smile.  

When his mother decided to leave them, no more smile on Jinyoung face. He didn’t believe in love anymore and doesn’t trust anyone. What is love when it can hurt and left you, just like his father who always hurt his mom and his mom left him with the monster in the house, that what was Jinyoung thought. Trust something you gain when you deeply love someone. How can Jinyoung trust anyone when he rejects love?  Now he grown up, he became a bad boy and always picked a fight with other students. He was always seen with his only bestfriend since he was in kindergarten, Jaebum. Jaebum know what happen to Jinyoung because Jinyoung had once running to his house in the middle of the night because he was afraid of his father will beat him.   

           

 

That Jinyoung’s belief shaken up when he stumble into Mark as he running away from a gang that want to beat him. He was running down the dark street one night when he collided with dark brown hair and very handsome guy, but most importantly, his attractive eyes that unable him to look away. They were both fell on the ground when they crashed.

‘Ouch.’ The other boys said.

Jinyoung winces as his fell hard on the tar road. He anger rise at the person who collided him and looked at the person, stunning because how can guy have such perfect face and… cute. He shakes his head, cursing inside why he was admiring to the unknown person. The other guy looked annoying and glare at Jinyoung. Before Jinyoung can say anything, he was interrupted by the voices of the gang that chased him.

‘There he is.’ Said one of them.

Without thinking twice he grabbed the boy hand and pulled him with him.

‘What-‘ The boy was shocked and confused but he just let him dragged him.

They were running hand still gripping tight on each other until they reached at places where there were so many people and blend them among the crowd. They reached at the cloth shop and get in. Jinyoung look behind to see if they still followed, luckily the gang that pursued him had passed the shop without noticing him. He quickly entered empty fitting room along with the boy that he dragged with. They both had their back on the wall, breathing hard from the running. Jinyoung look up to see the boy already stare at him.

‘Care to explain?’ the boy said.

For once Jinyoung don’t know how to speak because he was busy stared at the person in front of him but quickly fixed his throat.

‘I-I was running from someone and I don’t know why I dragged you with me.’ He said but his eyes can’t seem to be off from the other’s luscious lips. They were stand facing each other in a small fitting room and their hand still holding.  When they realized it they quickly retracted their hands. 

Mark was having mental battle inside because he was like enchanted by the other person and just let the person he never knew dragged and pulled him. Mark was mesmerized by the other look. The person looks like a prince with black hair, messy because of the running and sweats on his forehead.  When they were having stare battle for a few seconds, Mark knows he needs to say something because the other since just stare at him with undefined expression. When he speaks, his heart beat at sound of his voice. Mark noticed that the other keep looking at his lips but he no far behind because he was doing the same thing.

‘I got to go.’ Jinyoung quickly look away and out of the room because he cannot let himself drawn by that person. He scanning the outside from the shop windows and there was no sight of the gang. He quickly gets out of the shop but before he can move further his hand was pulled backward.

‘What?! Are you kidding me? Shouldn’t you say sorry for dragging me?’ The person said. Anger can be seen on his face.

Jinyoung snapped his hand and just go without saying anything. He was a pride and ego person. He will never say sorry but to be more specific he want to get rid of whatever feeling he had when he near with the person he just dragged earlier.

Mark scoffed at the person attitude. He was handsome but rude and cold. Actually he more annoyed at himself because he was admiring the other so much just now.  He was looking surrounding wonder where he is right now before heading toward the road to head back and sighed because he had to start walking at the same path again back home. 

 

 

Jinyoung throw the book across the room and rubbed his hand over his eyes. He couldn’t read and he couldn’t sleep. All because of the boy he just met. His face, his eyes and his lips keep hunting his mind. Even though Jinyoung was a bad boy, his interest was reading. Before sleep, he was reading the book until he falls asleep. He rises to his feet and stalk across the room to take back the book that he just throw. He really wants to get rid of the boy image from his mind. 

He heard the main door of the house being open. It was his dad coming back from his wherever his come from. He cracks open his door a little bit to see if his father was drunk. His assumption was correct; his dad was drunk because he doesn’t walk like a not-drunk person. He wanted to help his father to prevent him from fallen but he afraid his father will get mad again and beat him. He had school tomorrow and he cannot be seen like a beaten pulp. The school will questions him and he refuse to answer them. Instead he just went to bed and snuggling into the blanket.

 

Mark was having mental breakdown because he mind keep playing the rude boy face that he just met earlier. He should have sleep right now but every time he closed his eyes the image keep replaying. He kept tossing around but still can’t sleep. Mark was living alone after he decided to leave the orphanage home a year ago. He had part time job at a high class restaurant as a waiter. He used the salary to pay the house rent and school fee. The extra will be used for food. . He had school tomorrow and he didn’t want to appear like a panda in front of his friends especially Jackson. They will tease and accuse him for watching when he was not.

 

At school..

Mark was washing his hand in washroom when someone comes out from cubicle and when he looks into the mirror, the rude boy face reflected through the mirror.

‘You!?’

After flushed the toilet, Jinyoung get out of the cubicle and he saw someone who make him sleepless last night.

‘You?!’