Stupid Cupid

Hyeon-ju and Hyeon-ji
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello guys here is chapter 7. I hope you guys like it congrats to us were at 34 subscribers! Your comments and feedbacks are highly appreciated!

Guest stars: Kim Heechul as Kim Ye-jun and Shindong as Kwon Rye-sung

7

Stupid Cupid

           

            The doorbell by the gate rang and the twins who had just changed clothes heard it.

            “Hyeon-ji get the door.” Hyeon-ju ordered since she was busy cutting the cake their mom bought. Min-hyun was coming home from the hospital and they were getting the house ready to welcome him.

            “If it’s Min-hyun please don’t break his bones again.” Hyeon-ju reminded her sister who was on her way out the door.

            “Haha funny Unnie.” Hyeon-ji replied.

           

            Hyeon-ji strolled happily towards the yard and down the stairs to the gate. She paused when she suddenly heard voices.

 

Hyeon-ji Cam

            Why are there so many voices? Oh no! Maybe the reporters found out that my sister lives here!!!   

            I need to act normal! Do I look normal? Are my clothes ok guys?

 

            Hyeon-ju suddenly appeared at the top of the stairs wearing her apron.

            “Hyeon-ji open the gate. We have guests.”

           

Hyeon-ji Cam

            Visitors? We aren’t expecting anyone today.

 

            “Earth to my sister open the gate.” Hyeon-ju said again.

            Hyeon-ji opened the gates and to her shock she found their friends waving at them shyly.

            “Hi girls! Come in!” Hyeon-ju said before heading back into the house.

 

            “Hi Hyeon-ji!” Bo-ram said happily.

            “How...?” Hyeon-ji was about to ask but was cut-off by Ree-na who swung her arms around her best friend.

            “You are filthy rich and you never told us?” Ree-na said in sing-song tone.

 

Hyeon-ji Cam

            Yup. I’m dead.

 

            “Urgh! Your hand is heavy. Come in my sister was just cutting some cakes.” Hyeon-ji said “Oh hi! Rye-sung oppa!”

            “Hi Hyeon-ji.” Ree-na’s brother greeted shyly.

 

            The girls cautiously climbed the brick stair way up into the front lawn. When the girls arrived at the stairs’ landing they let out a gasp.

 

Ha-eun Cam

            They have a park inside their yard!

Bo-ram Cam

            They have more flowers than I can name.

Ree-na & Rye-sung Cam

            Wow.

 

            “Come on guys it’s just a yard.” Hyeon-ji said calmly.

            “Just a yard?! You can charge people just for entering!” Ree-na stated.

            “Your just yard looks more beautiful than our community park.” Bo-ram added.

 

Ha-eun Cam

            Seriously guys imagine stepping into perfectly manicured lawn decorated with sculptures, a large fountain connected to a pond with a WATERFALL!! And add to it all are different flowers bordering the walls and the dividers!

            Oh wait! THEY HAVE A GAZEBO!!! AND A SWING!!

            The whole place looks like those royal gardens you see on Hollywood films.

           

            “Can we try the swing?!” Bo-ram asked excitedly.

            “You guys don’t want cake?” Hyeon-ji asked them.

            “YES! We want cake the swing can wait! You can’t eat it!” Ree-na yelled and pulled the girls along with her.

            Hyeon-ji opened the door for them and they entered the house which was brick all over the exterior. If they were shocked with the yard they were speechless with the house. The whole architecture was a mix of art nouveau and contemporary modern design, with soaring high ceilings, large glass windows whose frame was in art nouveau style. It was elegance meets modernity and it was absolutely mesmerizing seeing white walls that were delicately stenciled with gold and silver leaves and vines. With curved almost elven pillars and archways. There was a massive chandelier hanging on the ceiling.

            “That must be worth millions.” Rye-sung commented as he stared up at the crystal, wood and gold plated chandelier.

            “Welcome to our humble abode. Sit down I’ll get you some snacks.” Hyeon-ji told them before dashing off to the kitchen. The house had an open floor plan with the massive living room at the center to its left was the equally grand dining room. North of the dining room was the wide kitchen which opened towards the living room.

            The girls sat down slowly on the plush seating of the living room.

 

Bo-ram Cam

            Honestly speaking I was afraid to sit down, we might damage the upholstery!

           

            The walls of the living room were decorated with different sayings and  hung on picture frames the largest of which read. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

            A family picture hung on the wall opposite the grand staircase and above it there was a saying that read.

            “As for me and my House, we will serve the Lord.”

            Hyeon-ji arrived with Hyeon-ju carrying a tray filled to the brim with goodies and a tall pitcher of iced tea.

            Ree-na immediately lurched for the cookies and grabbed a plate of cake. Hyeon-ju handed each of them a glass for the iced tea.

            “It’s iced mae-shil cha/ Green Plum tea.” Hyeon-ju told them.

 

Ha-eun Cam

            Expensive tea! And it tastes good!

 

            “Hey twins what are those? Famous quotes?” Bo-ram asked the two.

            “Oh those they are Bible verses.” Hyeon-ji explained.

            Ree-na coughed while Ha-eun almost spit her tea out.

 

Ree-na Cam

            Ok I am in a state of shock. I am already shocked that they are this rich! Now she tells me she is a Christian. What else Seo Hyeon-ji? WHAT ELSE DO I DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?!!

 

            “You guys?” Ha-eun asked cautiously.

            “Yeah were Christians.” The twins calmly replied.

            “Catholic?” Bo-ram added.

            “Nope. You can probably call us Protestants but we prefer the term Grace Believers or Born Again if you are asking for the church term.” Hyeon-ji told them.

            Their guests looked at them confused.

 

Hyeon-ji Cam

            People! Not all Christians are Catholics! Urgh. Any way we don’t have idols, we don’t have saints because WE ARE THE SAINTS. Once you become a Christian you become a saint that is what we believe in. We also believe in the age of accountability so no infant baptism you get baptized at around 10 or younger depending on when you can differentiate right from wrong. And we have a different type of baptism that most Christian denominations.

 

 Hyeon-ju Cam

            I know what you guys are thinking we don’t act very Christian like. Well We are learning, no one’s perfect! And in terms of spiritual age me and Hyeon-ju are still babies we had our baptism or as we call it day of acceptance just a year ago.

           

Hyeon-ji Cam

            My sister may be the smart one when it comes to worldly knowledge like math, science but I beat her when it comes to Spiritual knowledge.

 

Hyeon-ju Cam           

            She holds Sunday school every Saturday night in her bed. She would lecture about Dispensations and recite Bible verses!

            In my defense it was hard getting to church in Seoul since I was training to be a Kpop star. But attended Divine service on Sundays when my schedule allowed.

            So I am now making it up by being a member of our church music team. Hyeon-ji can’t sing.

            Hyeon-ji: I am part of the music team! I play the piano and guitar sometimes drums.

            Yeah when Min-hyun is feeling nauseous and can’t hit the drums right.

 

Hyeon-ji Cam

            Our mom has a great voice while our dad is great with instruments.

 

Hyeon-ju Cam

            Don’t make him sing.

 

            “I would never in my 15 years of existence think that you two are anything but Buddhist.” Ha-eun said honestly while eating a Turkish delight.

            “Why? Hyeon-ju asked while drinking iced tea.

            “Well because this is Korea.” Bo-ram and Ha-eun both replied.

            Ree-na has no comment whatsoever because she was busy eating.

            “So what does your parents do for a living?” Rye-sung asked.

            “Unnie I forgot. This is Rye-sung oppa Ree-na’s older brother.” Hyeon-ji said hurriedly.

            “Nice to meet you.” Hyeon-ju greeted as she shook hands with Rye-sung.

            “Our dad works for Samsung, he is also a board member for Seo Medical Group.” Hyeon-ji replied to his question.

            “Our mom owns Magnifique House of Fashion.” Hyeon-ju added.

            Ree-na stopped eating and nearly choked on her food.

 

Ree-na Cam

            THEY OWN MANIFIQUE HOUSE OF FASHION?!!!! Magnifique is the highest fashion brand in South Korea! Madame Goo’s designs are the grandchild of Chanel, Versace, Armani, Adidas and Guess if they decided to get married and have children! Magnifique is known for their sport-wear, casual wear, office wear and most importantly their gowns!! Urgh I would kill just for the chance of wearing one of Madame Goo’s designs.

 

Hyeon-ju Cam

            You might be wondering why someone known in the fashion industry would make her family wear pumpkin sweaters, it’s because my mom loves pumpkins and honestly those sweaters were comfy and stylish but we just don’t do pumpkins.

           

            While their guests are trying to digest what they had revealed the twins parents arrived with Min-hyun and Baek-hyun. The twins introduced their friends to Baek-ha and Hye-jin who were very happy to meet their kids’ friends.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter