Ugly Duckling No More

Hyeon-ju and Hyeon-ji
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I managed to write this after failing to come up with anything for my other fic. My vibe is just too cheerful and it makes writing a thriller/supernatural hard when this is my emotion. Hurray for H&H readers. Shout-out to my commentors thank you so much. Special mention lonergirl for her detailed comments haha you always write your comments like they are reviews of each chapter. Thank you so much for your support guys I really appreciate it. We are at 31 subs now.

Forgive me if I have errors in grammar I’ll edit this later. For now I am uploading it unfiltered.

 

Guest stars: Chinen as Nam Ji-seok, Map6 Sun as Shin Jung-wook (as requested by Kira_syj)

 

6

Ugly Duckling No More
 

Seo Household

            “We had a deal earlier remember we will do your hair!” Hyeon-ju barked as she chased Hyeon-ji through the yard.

            “I CHANGE MY MIND!!” Hyeon-ji screams while avoiding her unnie’s grasp.

            “I am counting to three if you don’t come here you can kiss your peas in a pod goodbye!!!” Hyeon-ju thundered. Still Hyeon-ji refused to bulge so Hyeon-ju raced to their bedroom. Hyeon-ji realizing that her sister wasn’t joking raced after her screaming.

            “MY PEAS!!!!!”

           

            Hyeon-ju was inside their weirdly designed bedroom, one half of it looked like a guy’s room complete with sports decor from a plushie soccer ball style bean bag to a race car design bed. Taekwondo medals and trophies decked the shelf made of baseball bats nailed together and a large basketball themed cabinet. The door to the walk-in closet was painted white with a large football painted on both doors. Famous players lined the walls and memos could also be read.

            On the other side of the massive bedroom is a purple and pink themed room in pastel. The head board was a handpainted picture of a city with lights around it. Famous quotes could be read hung on the wall neatly and a nice bookshelf was filled with books and magazines. It was the exact opposite of the other room in terms of design the pink and purple room was a contemporary chic deco with splashes of art nouveau. A large rug was at the center of the room at the foot of the slanted bags, white in color the texture of fur and was arranged with pillows making it a good place to read books.

            It is in this immaculate room, neat and tidy from the girls constant cleaning in fear of their mother spanking them that a martial arts match was about to happen. Hyeon-ju was holding her sister’s precious peas while in combat stance and Hyeon-ji was desperate to get her peas back.

 

Hyeon-ji Cam

            I am so getting my peas back!!! Get ready Unnie I the great Sergeant Seo of Kyungnam High will defeat you!!!

Hyeon-ju Cam

            As if baby sis. Dream on!

Round 1

            Hyeon-ji posed to attack and she made the first move. She tried to grab Hyeon-ju’s shoulder but it was a wrong move because as soon as she reached her hand out towards her sister Hyeon-ju grabbed it. Hyeon-ju hit her accupuncture points and in three moves Hyeon-ji was paralyzed.

Hyeon-ju Cam

            I told you guys that she was dreaming. Now on to the make-over!

Hyeon-ji Cam

            Author: Hyeon-ji i thought you never lose.

            ....(silence)

            Author: Sorry I forgot Hyeon-ju paralyzed you.

            (tries to nod but no movement is made)

 

            Hyeon-ju made her sister lie down slowly on the rug and proceeded to detangle her sister’s hair, first with her fingers which took forever and sort of hurt a bit because Hyeon-ji’s hair knots sort of hardened. When the big clumps were gone she took-out her trusty brush and proceeded to brush her sister’s hair while massaging her head a bit.

            “See there was pain but it wasn’t long. No pain no gain sis.” Hyeon-ju asked her sister who was awfully quiet.

Hyeon-ju Cam

            Oh I paralyzed her my bad! (unparalyzes Hyeon-ji)

           

            “That wasn’t bad right?” Hyeon-ju asked again but Hyeon-ji did not reply instead curled up into a ball and snored. Minutes later she started reporting.

            “Breaking news! My sister has decided to make-over my hair. She combed it and it hurt at first but pretty soon the pain disappeared. I love having Hyeon-ju comb my hair.” Hyeon-ji said in her announcer tone voice. Hyeon-ju had to keep her laughter.

Hyeon-ju Cam

            She’s funny right? Oh wait she’s asleep right I am going to thread her eyebrows. Threading hurts if you don’t know acupuncture. Applying acupuncture and numbing your eyebrows makes threading easy. Since threading hurts a lot the numbing helps you thread without the pain.

            Hyeon-ju paralyzed her sister’s forehead area and proceeded to cleanse sister’s face first before threading. She cleaned Hyeon-ji’s bushy eyebrows and after the threading she put a little ointment on her brows to easy the pain when she un-numbs her sister. She proceeded to apply moisturizer around Hyeon-ji’s face without the ointment part and when she was done she placed her sister on her bed. She gave Hyeon-ji a quick good night kiss on the forehead before she went to get her night shower.

            After bathing Hyeon-ju read the script that her manager has sent. She was cast to play the role of Alexstraza Kim the female lead of the supernatural TV series The Prodigals. She would be with another main character who goes by the name of Park Taesu. The script is actually pretty cool with aliens and undead people and magic. Her character is a half-animi (alien) and half-keeper (a powerful kind of undead who has superpowers).

            “Girls lights out!” Hye-jin called from below to which Hyeon-ju responded by putting away her script and calling it a night.

 

Next Morning

            Hyeon-ji woke up feeling rested at the same time her forehead hurts a little bit. She got up went to their bathroom and washed her face.

Hyeon-ji Cam

            My face feels like a baby’s !! I wonder what happened last night?

 

            She looked at the mirror and screamed.

            “UNNIE THEIR IS A STRANGER INSIDE OUR HOUSE!!!!!”

            Hyeon-ju who was still in lala-land fell off the bed in shock. She got up and rushed to the bathroom in time to see Hyeon-ji freaking out at her own reflection. She went behind her sister and hit her hard on the .

            “THAT’S YOUR REFLECTION GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!” Hyeon-ju said angrily.

Hyeon-ju Cam

            Like seriously You are not that ugly before Hyeon-ji! You can’t even recognize her own face.

 

            “That is me?!!” Hyeon-ji asked in disbelief. Hyeon-ju stared at her sister who was in so much shock at her appearance and her features soften

            “I actually look...”

            “Pretty.” Hyeon-ju finished her sentence for her.

            “No a girl. I actually look like a girl.” Hyeon-ji said still in disbelief.

            “Well you ARE pretty! Just look at yourself!” Hyeon-ju said excitedly.

            “What kind of sorcery did you use?!!” Hyeon-ji said as she shook her sister by the shoulders.

            “I just combed your hair and threaded your bushy eyebrows! I also put some moisturizer on you last night but other than that. This is all you, it’s just hidden under you laziness.” Hyeon-ju stated as she used her finger to encirle Hyeon-ji’s reflection in the mirror.

           

Hyeon-ji Cam

            Wow I actually look like a girl!! Eep!!

Hyeon-ju Cam

            Her years of laziness buried her natural beauty like who the heck is too darn lazy to comb their hair?!!

 

            “Let’s go Cinderella stop staring at your reflection we need to bathe and get ready for school. If you don’t clean yourself that means the bacteria wins and it gets to thrive in your body.” Hyeon-ju said calmy.

 

Hyeon-ji Cam

            What?! So that means I have been letting this bacteria creature win battles against me for so long! Never again!!! I am so taking a bath!!!

           

            Hyeon-ji dashed to the shower in full fury while Hyeon-ju stared at her in confusion then it hit her. Win.

 

Hyeon-Ju Cam

            Had I known that it would be this easy to get her to take a bath then I should have told her about bacteria long ago! Urgh.

 

            “Remember there are two types of bacteria in your body the bad bacteria which wants to win over you and the good one which is your teammate.” Hyeon-ju explained to her sister who took so long to shower. It was a good thing they woke up early.

            “Ok.” Hyeon-ji answered.

  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter