Mangoes Are Compliments

Hyeon-ju and Hyeon-ji
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I decided to update again today because I managed to finish this chapter fast. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do. Lonergirl here is Kris just as you requested.

 

Guest stars: Kris as Mr. Lee Hyun-ki, Yamada Ryousuke as Song Young-jae, Donghae as Kim Jung-hwa, Sunny as Chae Boram, Hyoyeon as Bae Ha-eun and Seohyun as Chun Da-hyeon.

 

4

Mangoes Are Compliments

 

Hyeon-ji Cam

            How do you know that your friends hate you? Easy look their way. If they glare at you run!

 

            For the better half of the class Hyeon-ji spent the time sticking close to Hyeon-ju’s side who by the way solve Mr. Yoo’s math problem like it was a 1 + 1= equation. The class started at 8:30 and they have spent the next 30 minutes trying to solve it. Hyeon-ju decides to give it and try and in 3 seconds she got the solution. Hyeon-ji looked at her like she had grown another eye.

            “How did you do that?!”

            “Do what?” Hyeon-ju asked clueless. Hyeon-ji pointed at math problem on the board. And Hyeon-ju got what she meant.

            “Oh that I like math, it’s easy like chemistry.” Hyeon-ju said brightly while Hyeon-ji backed away from her shaking.

            ‘Who are you and what have you done with my sister?”

            “Haha funny, did you know that cosmetics use chemistry?! That’s how I started to get interested in it, what chemical found in nature can help improve the skin...” Hyeon-ju explained while Hyeon-ji groaned.

 

Hyeon-ji Cam

            Why does everything you do or like have something to do with cosmetics and looking good?! And FYI CHEMISTRY IS NOT EASY AND SO IS MATH!!

 

            “Ok ok I get it, what I don’t get is why you never told me about you being a math and science genius?! Do you know how many assignments and exams I should have aced if only you told me?!” Hyeon-ji said in frustration.

            “Didn’t Min-hyun tell you?” Hyeon-ju asked innocently.

            “What?!! That energy ball is going to get pulped later! That’s why he always aced math and science!” Hyeon-ji said angrily while crumpling her fist into her hand.

 

Hyeon-ju Cam

            Ha! Fight avoided. Sorry Min-hyun I need to sacrifice you after all I did tutor you every night before your exams.

            What? Stop looking at me like that! I need to save myself angry Hyeon-ji is not cute or fluffy.

            I’ll make it up to him later. I’ll buy him that comic book he likes so much or maybe a new game.

 

Bunsanjin Middle School

            Meanwhile a certain Seo Min-hyun was getting cold sweats for some weird reason.

            He was shivering as he walked with his friends.

            “Hey Min-hyun are you ok?” Song Young-jae his best friend asked.

            “I feel cold and really weird as if something bad is about to happen.” Min-hyun answered.

            “Nah. You’re just hungry. Here have a sandwich.” Young-jae said as he handed Min-hyun a big sandwich.

 

Min-hyun Cam

            Do you guys know something I don’t?! What is it? I have a very bad feeling. (eats sandwich that Young-jae gave)

            Yeah my best friend Young-jae is the best. He might not be as rich as us but he is rich in FOOD!! His parents own a local eatery so he always carries food with him. Did I mention that he is a glutton, because he is? And by the way his name means destined to be rich but from the way it looks he would eat himself poor not unless he owns a restaurant like his parents. Maybe he is destined to be like me, never living up to my name. Mom wanted me to be smart and manlike but seriously I love cats!!! And I don’t really like doing too manly stuff. I like comics and manhwa though. I wanna be a computer game designer when I grow up or better yet a manhwa artist!!

            Studying is hard but I sorta like science because it has something to do with sci-fi! Plus my sister Hyeon-ju is the best teacher. She explains it to me in a language I understand. SCI-FI!!!!

 

Kyungnam High School

            Math class ended and Hyeon-ji groaned. It’s English time and everyone in the room was groaning.

            “Yey it is English class next.” Hyeon-ju said excited.

            “Hold your horses Hallyu star. You would regret it later.” Hyeon-ji warned her.

            “Why? I love English you know that.” Hyeon-ju said in disappointment.

            “Because the great Lee Hyun-ki is teaching it.” Ree-na suddenly answered from behind them.

 

Hyeon-Ji Cam

            How did Ree-na get behind us as far as I remember she sat in the third row? (Looks at the back and sees their wimpy classmate Shim Man-sik seating in Ree-na’s chair) Oh she probably threatened Man-sik.

 

            “Hi! I’m Kwon Ree-na. I’m a big fan of yours.” Ree-na said as she extended her hand for a shake.

            “Oh hi! So your Kwon Ree-na my sister talks about you a lot.” Hyeon-ju said as she took Ree-na’s hand for a shake.

            “She talks about me to you?!” Ree-na asked in full surprise and happiness.

            “Yeah she does. She tells me how you are a great friend.” Hyeon-ju answered. Ree-na looked at Hyeon-ji with teary eyes.

 

Kwon Ree-na Cam

            Hyeon-ji talked about me to her sister MY IDOL?!! So all those times I was imagining seeing Jewel in the face she actually knew about me!!! AH!!!! Jewel knows me! JEWEL KNOWS ME!!!! And she is my CLASSMATE!! WHICH MEANS I GET TO SEE HER EVERYDAY!!!!!

            Seo Hyeon-ji you are officially forgiven. This is the best day of my entire life!!!!

 

Hyeon-ju Cam

            I know these girls are hating on my sister right now but please from what I surmised they are my fans so I know well enough how to ease their anger. Don’t worry sis I got you covered. My fans, my true fans will believe everything I say.

 

            “Yeah she wanted to tell you about me but I told her not to because I like my privacy. But she convinced me to transfer to this school because she told me it would really make her friends feel happy, well aside from us, sisters, being together and all.” Hyeon-ju added sweetly.

            All of Hyeon-ji’s friends nodded agreeing to what Hyeon-ju was saying.

            “How about me did she talk about me?” Asked Chae Boram one of Hyeon-ji’s close friends.

            “You are?” Hyeon-ju asked innocently.

            “She’s Boram, that’s Da-hyeon and last is Ha-eun.” Ree-na happily answered.

            “Hi!” The girls shyly said.

            “Oh you’re Boram my sister tells me you took care of her when she injured herself during a game. You’re a great friend. And Da-hyeon-shi I read the poems you composed for me they were beautiful. And Ha-eun shi I heard you are very good at football I hope to see you play.” Hyeon-ju praised them causing them to blush.

            They all gave Hyeon-ji a thankful look.

            “I know you guys must be angry at her for not telling anything about us being sisters...” Hyeon-ju said.

            “No! We are not angry.” They all said happily.

            “Hyeon-ji and I are staying up late for stargazing why don’t you guys come over and let’s have a sleepover.” Hyeon-ju suggested the girls gasped.

            “Wow you are inviting us?! Sure we would love to!” They said in happiness. Grumbling could be heard from the other students in the back who were envying the girls. How they all wished they made friends with sergeant Seo now.

            “Wait maybe they can join us next time.” Hyeon-ji suddenly interrupted causing the girls to frown.

            “Why?” Hyeon-ju asked in surprise.

            “Remember mom has a rule no friends over.” Hyeon-ji reasoned causing Hyeon-ju to stare blankly at her for a few seconds before answering “Yeah I forgot about that. Sorry girls.”

            The girls looked at Hyeon-ji angrily again.

Hyeon-ju Cam

            As far as I remember Mom did not have a rule banning our friends from going into the house. She actually encourages us to bring friends over. Seo Hyeon-ji what are you up to?

Hyeon-ji Cam

            There was no way I was letting anyone in on out special twin time and stargazing is sacred to us! No way! I don’t care if they don’t talk to me anymore You will not intrude on TWIN TIME!! and I also haven’t told my friends that my family is rich. They knew we were well-off, by that I mean they think we are just like those rich families with a nice apartment and owns two cars.

            They really have no idea that I am not just just rich I AM RICH. Our house stands on a massive lot big enough to fit a whole apartment complex and it is located in Nam-gu with a perfect view of the beach and the ocean. So yeah imagine how much that would cost in city as big as Busan. And we don’t just have two cars we have a lot of cars! My dad collects cars like they are action figures. He has imported cars, sports cars you get the picture. Hyeon-ju want’s her privacy and I also want mine.

 

            “But don’t worry though since you guys can’t join us for a sleepover how about you guys join us for that out-of-town trip we planned we will be staying at a lodge.” Hyeon-ju suggested again. “I insist you guys come.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter