My Sister the Kpop Star

Hyeon-ju and Hyeon-ji
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guest stars: Shin Bong-sun as Shin Bong-sun Hyeon-ju's manager,  Gong Yoo as CEO Jang and Narsha as Goo Na-young Hye-jin's niece

                                                 

                                       

A/N: Shout out to all my new subscribers and to lonergirl and JJ22TAE for their comments. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Requests for guest stars are gladly welcomed just comment them below. And the biggest of thanks to Lonergirl for making the cover of the story. I am not good with editing pictures.

 

2

My Sister the K-pop Star

 

Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea

            The front of Dae-sang Entertainment was packed to the brim with fans, paparazzi and just casual passersby. They were all gathered at the building’s entrance in hopes of catching a glimpse of the country’s number one artist. Everyone in Korea knew that Dae-sang Entertainment had one very special jewel it could boast, sure 4 Hearts was a commercial success and even dubbed by some as the nation’s girl group but all investors and all media knew that there was one very special girl in that group. One that catches the attention and the hearts of the viewers. And now they risked getting pushed and pulled and cramped like sardines just to get a glimpse of her.

            The doors of the building suddenly opened and everyone got ready to take pictures. Excitement was rising and shouts soon erupted as the doors of the building opened. Cameras flashed, screams sounded in the air and questions were suddenly fired. The fans continued to yell out their idols' names and cameras continued to flash but the questions soon lessened as four girls instead of one stepped out into the street. They were waving at their fans, smiles spread across their faces, some reporters started to ask them questions but the hype obviously went down. As much as the girls of 4 Hearts were famous and beautiful and talented, it was not the members that the reporters were looking for but their leader, Jewel.

            “Eun-mi you look radiant today.” One of the reporters said. They knew well enough how to handle these girls, especially Eun-mi who often seemed so starved for compliments.

            “Thank you.” The young girl said happily her voice laced with over confidence.

            “This is a surprise, why are there only four of you?” another reporter immediately fired.

            “Yes, Jewel seems to be missing.” The first reporter added.

            “Aigoo uncles why are you looking for Jewel when I am here?” Eun-mi said seductively. The reporters smiled and faked a swoon but they all knew that despite Eun-mi being there and all a story about her and the rest of the Hearts members would not be enough to make the headlines. They needed Jewel. They needed her and her massive fanbase which was made up almost all South Koreans. The nation’s little sister as she was often referred and most recently the Nation’s Crown Princess after her super successful show Princess Heart where she played princess Sera the kind hearted fictional princess of the Joseon Dynasty.

            “Jewel left early because she needed to catch a flight for a promotion.” Yoo-jin the eldest member answered. The girls flashed their smile after this and their body guards soon arrived.

            “Excuse us.” The guards said. As they heralded the girls towards their van. Fans still shouting their names and crying out in happiness while the reporters looked distraught.

              She had left without them noticing? The great Jewel had evaded them again. It was no surprise since Jewel has often been sighted as being elusive and getting shots of her outside of tv dramas, press conferences, music performances, concerts and fan signings was hard. Just one picture of her doing something outside of work was big cash.

             Because stories like what clothing Jewel likes to wear at home or in practice was rare, the superstar was very private about her life and would answer questions unrelated to work with cold silence. No matter how hard they would ask her she would never bulge and angering her was something you wouldn’t want to do as a paparazzi. Because despite her tight lipped nature she was actually very kind and was one of the very rare celebrities who cared whether the reporters out in the streets ate or not. She would often offer hot-packs to reporters out in the cold winter or offer a cold drink to them when in hot weather. She was all around a really nice girl and if your questions are not personal related she would answer then frankly and in details which made writing stories about her showbiz career a breeze.

            “Well there is still a next time.” one of the reporters said.

            “Yeah but don’t you think it’s strange this is the first time that 4 Hearts appeared with only four of them.” Another reporter voiced out.

            “Come to think of it, you have a point. Something must be up.” Seconded another.

            “The question is what could it be?” the reporter who suggested the idea said.

 

Reporter Cam

            Something is definitely up, the members might be fighting. Now that would be a good story!

            “Turmoil in Heartsland,”

            Or maybe Jewel has decided to go solo?!

            “Jewel Treads the entertainment industry alone.” now that would be an even better title.

            What do you guys think? Or “Jewel Goes Solo” sounds better.

 

Meanwhile on another van on route for Busan

            “The reporters must be going crazy trying to get a glimpse of you.” Her manager, Shin Bong-sun told her to which she just shrugged her shoulders. She and her manager escaped the reporters by going out the back door while the other members of 4 Hearts exited the building through the front. Her ex-members to be exact, the group had their final meeting earlier to tie up the loose ends of the group’s disbandment.

            Let them have their share of the spotlight, they did always envy her for it wait, let’s rephrase that they have always hated her for it.

            “Stop being down, let them have their freedom while you on the other hand our precious one can finally shine without having dead weight on you.” Her manager said happily, too happily.

            “Unnie you do realize that they are my friends right?” she said with pain in her voice.

            “Were Hyeon-ju ah, were friends. Besides can you really consider people who stab you in the back numerous times, I’ve even lost count, as friends? Their all selfish ingrates. CEO Jang is so not happy with them he has decided to end their contracts.”  Manager Shin retorted.

            Manager Shin’s phone started to ring and she immediately answered it.

            Hyeon-ju on the other hand darted her eyes to the cityscape they were passing by. It would take 4 hours by car for her to reach Busan, four hours until she would finally be home for good. How long has she been gone? She was 8 when the talent scout of Dae-sang Entertainment found her, that same year she became a trainee for the company and 2 years later she would make her debut as a child star. At 11, she along with girls her age would make their debut as the youngest girl group of South Korea. Now four years had passed and she was finally going home to be with her family and try to live a normal life away from the spotlight.

            “Hyeon-ju ah CEO Jang is asking when do you plan to release your solo?” Manager Shin asked while holding her palm over the receiver.

            “Unnie tell CEO Jang that I have no plan to release a solo. I want to focus on acting. We get more achievements for acting anyway.” She answered causing Manager Shin to gape at her in shock.

            “Are you nuts?!” she yelled.

            “I’ve already talked to him about it. It’s either that or I quit showbiz altogether.” Hyeon-ju said matter-of-factly.

           

Bong-sun Cam

            She has definitely gone insane! You heard her right?

             She is a singer! Known all throughout the nation as a singer-song writer! And now she tells me she’s not going to sing anymore?! Music is her one true love! She even breaks out into song at random times... which can be weird at times but who cares?! She’s Jewel for freaking-out loud. She’s the girl with an angel’s voice...

            Urgh I am about to lose my mind here. Seriously SEO HYEON-JU GET YOUR ACT STRAIGHT!

            You better not be agreeing with her on this! You people I see you! I don’t care if you are her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter