a glimpse of the past

it’s love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV. 

 

The two continue to hug each other for a while, before they are interrupted by Jimin. 

 

“Hey, Rosé. It has been a while.” Jimin said before offering Rosé a quick hug.

 

“Thank you for helping me with this surprise Oppa.” Rosé thanked the guy, and Y/N was still in her daydream while looking at Rosé. 

 

The girl that was standing before her was not just any girl, she was her first friend and an old crush. The girl named Roseanne Park Chaeyoung was not an ordinary girl, but was certainly someone who plays an important role in Y/N life. 

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

-Flashback-

(Australia)

 

“Y/N, behave when you meet your grandparents and be sure to not act like a spoiled kid.” Mr. Y (your father) said to the eleven years old Y/N, as they were in the car. Mrs. Y was just quietly playing with Jimin in the back seat.

 

“Yes, dad.” Y/N could only sadly answer. 

 

It had always been like this, they always had high expectations for her, but were lenient on Jimin. Ever since she was a baby, Jimin would receive toys on his birthday while she would receive books or things that were educational related. However, she never hated her brother, for he was the only that truly ever understood her. She was very mature for her age, because her parents had never treated her like a kid. 

 

“Y/N stick to me later, okay? Don’t wander off or go anywhere without me.” Jimin whispered to her quietly as they entered the mansion.

 

“I’ll be fine.” Y/N said softly. Her brother might be childish and dense, but he was a good and protective brother towards her.

 

“Jimin, don’t forget to stay by my side after you greet your grandparents and not to wander off.” Mrs. Y sweetly said towards Jimin, if people didn’t know better they would have believed that Y/N was adopted or a mistress daughter. Jimin could only give Y/N an apologetic glance before grabbing a hold of his mother's hand.

 

Y/N sighed, not wanting to enter the mansion nor stay there at all. It was common for the family to travel there three to four times each year to visit their grandparents. Y/N grandparents were nice towards her, but they are strict and controlling. They do seem to care for her more compared to any other grandchild though.

 

“Honey, I forgot dad’s present in the car, you guys head in first.” Mr. Y said before heading back towards his car.

 

The three proceed to enter before Mr. Y and are immediately greeted by her uncle, Dylan. Dylan was Y/N favorite uncle, he’s the only one that doesn’t insult people every five seconds.

 

“MY CUTE LITTLE BABY Y/N!!” Dylan rushed towards Y/N and picked her up, swinging her around and giving her kisses. To which, made Mrs. Y roll her eyes.

 

“Jimin is here too.” Mrs. Y interrupted.

 

“Hello Jimin.” Dylan said but quickly went back to giving Y/N his full attention.

 

“How biased of him.” Mrs. Y said spitefully and dragged Jimin inside.

Y/N and her uncle talked for a little more, but they had to go inside before the party started. Y/N tried her best to avoid her other uncles and aunts after greeting her grandparents, let just say she did not have a good relationship with her uncles and aunts. They hated her and would usually say petty remarks because she’s the favored grandchild. 

________________________________________________________________________

 

Y/N POV.

 

I snuck out to the garden and sat on the bench alone, I could only sigh out of relief that no one found me. These parties and family gatherings are always so tiring. It's not a grandparents fault, but sometimes I just wish I wasn’t the one they favored. My cousins don’t even like me or want to talk to me, because they despise “the favorite child”. If only they knew that my parents don’t even want to glance my way.

 

I decided to walk around the garden and to my secret hideout, grandma had specifically ordered people to build a secret tree house just for me last year. As I was climbing up the tree to release the hidden latter, a voice from behind spoke up.

 

“What are you doing?” I quickly jumped down and came face to face with the cutest girl I’ve ever met.

 

“Why were you climbing up the tree?” The cute girl asked.

 

“I was trying to see the uhm bird?” I quickly responded.

 

“There’s no bird there silly.” The girl giggled, which subconscious also made me smile.

 

“Oh, how rude of me. I’m Roseanne Park, but you can call me Rosie or Rosé.” Rosie said and stretched her hand out to shake mine. 

 

“I’m Y/N, I’m uhm 11?” I said nervously.

 

“Are you lying about your age? Why do you sound so unsure?” Rosie said and continued to giggle at me, which made me blush out of embarrassment. 

 

“I’m not, I promised.” I quietly said. 

 

“I’m just kidding, I’m also 11.” Rosie said before hugging me out of nowhere.

 

“What- why are you hugging me?” I nervously pushed Rosie away, it’s not that I don’t like her but I’m not very good with strangers.

 

“A friendly hug since we’re friends now!” Rosie cutely said before dragging me to the bench.

 

“Friends…” I quietly mumbled. My very first friend, I couldn’t help but feel all happy inside. 

 

“Why are you here?” I asked out of curiosity, since I thought this was a family party.

 

“Oh! Dylan invited us!” Rosie is such an energetic girl, she always talked with a smile and that look in her eyes. You can’t help but feel more curious about her or want to be around her more.

 

“Dylan is my uncle!” I said excitedly. And that was how it all started.

 

The two of us continued to talk for a while before my dad came to take me back inside. We bid goodbye to my grandparents and headed back home. We were in such a hurry that I didn’t manage to ask for her number.

 

Later that night, I asked dad to let me use his phone to contact Uncle Dylan to ask about his friend and the girl I befriended at the party.

 

-End of Flashback-

________________________________________________________________________

 

Author POV.

 

That was the start of their friendship. Since Y/N always visit Australia, the two quickly bonded over their problems such as their strict family. Rosé wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter