broken heart

it’s love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of days has passed already, and it was the last day of Rose's small break. Rose had requested for Y/N to accompany her today, the younger girl had been avoiding Rose requests because she didn’t want to go outside. However, Rose was determined to drag the girl out of the house no matter what. 

 

“Rosie please? Let’s stay in today and enjoy this movie.” Y/N have been begging Rose to not force her to go out. Rose’s bored expression screamed what her answer was, and the younger girl only sulked in disappointment. 

 

“Sorry babe, but I have everything planned for the day. Your cute whining won’t work on me today.” Rose pinched Y/N’s cheek, before leaving the room so that the younger girl could change into the clothes that Rose had prepared. Knowing that Y/N have the worst fashion sense ever, Rose used to always lecture the girl but eventually gave up and just prepared everything beforehand. 

 

“Where are we going today?” Y/N asked.

 

“Well, I intended on going to this pottery place, if we have time we will also go roller skating, and then dinner.” Rose stated. Instead of groaning and whining like she usually does, Y/N was slightly thrilled since she likes doing pottery. 

 

The two decided to walk and ride the bus, because Rose wanted to sightsee with Y/N. It’s also one of her favorite things to stop now and then to take pictures. Y/N doesn’t like taking pictures much, but she can never reject Rose. It’s a wonder how they’re still friends, with their contradicting personalities. 

 

They arrived at the pottery shop, Rose had already rented the wheels a couple of days prior because she wanted to make some couple utensils with Y/N. 

 

“Please remove your rings and bracelet, so it won’t get stuck in the clay, it can be a hassle.” The pottery owner stated the two were about to hop on the pottery wheel. Y/N might sound like she doesn’t like it, but pottery was an old hobby of hers. She was also a reason why Rose started liking pottery. 

 

“You’re still wearing that?” Rose asked when she peeked over to Y/N side, and noticed the girl was taking off the familiar ring. It was their old couple ring, that they bought in Australia. 

 

“Well, yeah I like the design.” Y/N awkwardly attempts to dodge the topic, and Rose didn’t press further when she got the hint. She was pleased that after all this time, Y/N was still wearing it. “I also still have mine.” Rose happily mumbled, but Y/N acted like she didn’t hear it. 

 

During their session, Y/N and Rose would talk about the time they missed out on each other's lives. They texted a lot while they were apart, but speaking in person is simply different. 

 

“Your pottery will be delivered in about three days, so you don’t need to pick it up.” The lady said, Rose and Y/N left and started heading to their next location. 

 

They decided to not go roller skating, since it was getting late and Rose was hungry. The place was crowded, and the line was long, so the two decided to go to a different place. Rose was hungry, but she didn’t mind since she gets to spend more time with Y/N. 

 

“I guess we have to reserve a table beforehand if we want to eat there next time.” They both arrived at their second option, it was a Vietnamese restaurant, Rose’s favorite. “It’s fine, I wasn’t that hungry anyway.” Rose reassured. 

 

While they waited for their food, they discussed each other's favorite food. Rose was amazed how Y/N still memorized what her favorite food was. 

 

“So, are you perhaps in a relationship?” Rose asked cautiously, and Y/N started choking on her food. Rose had to help the girl by patting her back, and pouring her some more water. “Uhm, No. How about you Ms. Popular?” Y/N simply answered and diverted the question back to Rose. 

 

“Shut up about that popular matter.” Rose hushed Y/N in embarrassment. It was true, Rose is relatively popular at her school in Australia. “Well, I was only in one relationship after uhm us…” Rose basically whispered the last part. 

 

“What happened?” Y/N asked, curious on who would ever let this beautiful goddess go. But she quickly added, “That might sound rude, you don’t have to answer if you’re uncomfortable.” Y/N didn’t want to force Rose to share something that she’s not ready to, it might still be a fresh wound. 

 

“You’re so cute.” Rose giggled at Y/N consideration, and how she nervously stopped herself. “We broke up almost a year ago, well she broke up with me.” Rose stated.

 

“You got dumped? YOU?” Y/N exclaimed in shock, and Rose once again laughed at Y/N expression. 

 

“It’s my fault, I couldn’t return her feelings and was hurting her, it was good that she ended it.” Rose softly said. It wasn’t her ex fault for dumping her, since she was being unfair. The girl loved Rose, but Rose still couldn’t forget about a certain someone, so the girl got frustrated. 

 

“Let’s talk about you. Do you have anyone you’re interested in?” Rose pressed, she was genuinely curious, since...

 

“I do, actually.” Rose's heart dropped, but she silently prayed it was her and masked her shocked expression with a smile. “Who? Why have you never told me this?” 

 

“I recently confirmed my feelings, it was rather sudden.” Y/N shyly mumbled, and Rose knew that it wasn’t her at this point. “Who is the lucky girl?” Rose asked, even though she knew it would only hurt her more. 

 

“Jennie.” The moment she heard that name, her world felt like it was crashing down on her. Out of all people, her cousin. 

 

“Rosie? Are you okay?” Y/N worriedly asked when she noticed Rose frozen in a shocked state. “Rosie?” Y/N tried to shake Rose's shoulder, because the girl still seemed unfazed with the calling.

 

“I was just thinking about something…” Rose tried to play it off, but her expression gave her away. “When?” That was all Rose could mutter.

 

Y/N started talking about how they first met, and how Jennie and her gradually became close. She also explained how she realized her feelings, and how she came to like the bossy girl. The whole time, Rose could only fake a smile, but her heart was slowly breaking to pieces as she heard Y/N talk about Jennie so lovingly. 

 

“It’s never dull with her, and her smile is truly breath-taking.” Rose silently ate with her head down, she didn’t want to look at Y/N. It hurts her, but she didn’t want to cry in front of Y/N.

 

“She’s a great person.” Rose chimed in, she must admit her cousin is an admirable and dependable person. 

 

Rose can only blame herself for not being in Y/N life, and can’t blame the girl for not waiting for her. However, she can’t stop herself from hurting and loving Y/N. This love is rooted too deep in her, she can’t seem to forget the girl, even though they didn’t see each other for three years. 

 

Y/N could sense the tension, so she tried to change the topic and subtly tried to cheer Rose up. She could tell Rose was feeling u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter