DC 5

[hiatus] The Cupid Reaper : Messenger of Love and Caller of Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

beautiful

   

For the next few days Yasmine felt better going to work knowing that Jaejoong had crushed all of the rumors in regards to her and anyone else in a similar fashion. He made it cleared that his company wasn't going to be that type of business that gossips and creates tension amongst one another.

Yasmine also began to realize that she and Jaejoong unintentionally grew closer and comfortable around one another since she became his secretary. His cold demeanor wasn't as intimidating as it was before and his employees were able to feel at ease whenever Jaejoong came around and such.

One day when the two were in Jaejoong's office eating lunch, Yasmine caught Jaejoong staring at her for the first time. "Do I have something on my face?"

"Um, what? Oh, no." Jaejoong snapped out of his dazed and moved back in his seat with a shake of his head. "No. No you don't have anything on your face."

"Well there must be something since I caught you staring."

"I wasn't staring."

"Then did you zone out from working too hard?"

"I don't zone out." Jaejoong denied as he returned to eating.

Yasmine smiled. "It's okay, Mr. Kim. It happens to all of us."

"I said I wasn't zoning out. I was just-"

Jaejoong stopped talking mid-sentence and Yasmine chuckled while eating the rest of her food, but stop as she grew conscious of Jaejoong staring at her once again.

"What?"

"I think I like you." Jaejoong confessed in almost a whisper.

Yasmine laughed. "I like you, too, Mr. Kim."

"No, no, I mean," Jaejoong grew flustered before admitting his feeling. "I like you, Yasmine." He continued on. "Like I can't imagine my life without you." Jaejoong smiled. "There's something that draws me to you and I can't get you out of my head." Jaejoong chuckled. "It's like you put a spell on me."

Yasmine was almost happy until she heard that last part as she realized that she did put a spell on him and his feelings for her weren't really his to make.

"I need to get going." Yasmine excused herself causing Jaejoong to be alarmed. "Wait, don't-"

Yasmine interrupted him. "It's, it's not you. It's-I gotta go."

Yasmine gathered her things and rushed out of Jaejoong's office leaving him confused and slightly hurt.

Doctor Himura had finished giving a conference about furthering the engraphment rate with his technique at the hospital. A moment later Hana and Xukun met him outside his office when he was prepared to leave for another appointment and was surprised to see them.

"Was there anything else you wanted to ask me?" Dr. Himura asked after closing his office door.

"You killed her, didn't you?" Hana said in a nonchalant manner. "You pushed Mrs. Salmond to her death and made it look like suicide for the sake of praise and admiration in order to produce results for your research. All because Mrs. Salmond had the rare Harvey bloodtype."

The doctor looked at her in a calm manner. "I'm sure you're aware that the bloodtype left at the crime scene doesn't match my bloodtype."

"Even so, I still believe that you're the murderer." Hana pressed on as Dr. Himura let out a sigh of frustration. "What evidence do you have to prove that?"

Hana stared at Doctor Himuar for a bit before moving closer to the doctor and instantly punched him in the nose. Xukun's eyes widened at the sudden action while Dr. Himura held his injured nose and Xukun reacted by bringing out a handkerchief from his coat pocket and wiped Dr. Himura's nose with it.

Hana grabbed the handkerchief shortly after from out of Xukun's grasp and held it up for Dr. Himura to see with a smile. "This is my evidence." She handed the cloth back to Xukun after stuffing it into a plastic bag.

Dr. Himura watched her with an unsteady gaze while Hana continued speaking.

"The blood sample you gave didn't have to be more than just a needle prick or even a hair strand, yet you provided a vein from your arm to be drawn. Even more so, you did right in front of Senior Officer Everingham." Hana tilted her head. "Now why would you do that?"

The doctor remained speechless as Hana gave him a hard look. "It was to clear all suspicion wasn't it?" She tapped her inner forearm. "You inserted a medical tube of someone else's blood into your arm and had the blood drawn from there, am I right?"

Hana then pointed at his left arm and the doctor instinctively touched the area with widened eyes. "How..."

Hana smiled as she reached into her bag and pulled out a thick book. "I checked out copies of the books that were in your office and gave them a read. I found one that mentioned an article about blood-related medical accidents and crimes."

She smiled at Dr. Himura who was growing worried under her gaze with shifty eyes. "The book mentioned a case in Canada about a doctor who had committed a crime and was under suspicion with the police." She put the book back in her bag, but continued talking.

"So that doctor inserted a medical tube of someone else's blood into his own arm to fake the blood test and then got his blood drawn right in front of the police." Hana frowned. "It sounds like a difficult operation, but with your medical background it wouldn't have been too difficult and was what you actully did, didn't you?"

Hana smiled as she took back the evidence from Xukun and held it up for Dr. Himura to see. "I'll be using this for another DNA test and I'm sure the results will prove that you're the killer, Doctor."

The two officers turned around to walk away and Doctor Himura in a panicked state rushed after to tackle Hana, but Xukun intervened and had flipped the doctor over. Hana watched in shock while Xukun restrained Doctor Himura.

"Do you know how many lives will be lost in the future if you arrest me?" Dr. Himura asked hastily.

Hana pulled the photograph of Mrs. Salmond and Toby out of her bag and showed the doctor with a solemn expression. "That may be true and you may save a thousand lives in the future, but the fact that you took the happiness away from this mother and child is something I can't forgive."

Yasmine had returned home, but waiting outside was William and Yasmine grew confused.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him as she got closer.

William's appearance was dishelved and seemed like he hadn't showered in days. There was also a crazy look in his eyes.

"William..." Yasmine tentatively said his name once more, but kept her distance.

William faced Yasmine and pointed an accusing finger at her while tossing the thumb drive in her direction that she had thrown at him the day he got fired. "You've gone too far."

Yasmine didn't bother to pick up the small device and became cautious of William's behavior while not saying anything in response and let him continued ranting.

"I can't believe you would fabricate those ridiculous images to make it seem like Yuexi was cheating on me." William stated while running a hand through his hair. "I thought you were just dumb and stupid, but really you're a manipulate and crazy with no life."

Yasmine took small steps back.

"Because of you I confronted Yuexi about it and she left me. Said that she didn't want to be with me because I no longer work for MOLDIR. That I have no status anymore." William ranted with a crazy laugh. "Ha. Like it was my fault? My life was perfect before you got involved and came to ruin it."

He then cast her a deranged look. "You reap what you sow, right? That's what you said to me." He wagged his index finger at her. "I'll show you what it means to reap what you sow."

Before Yasmine could understand what he meant, William charged at her and in her panicked state the first thing that popped into her mind was to call for the grim reaper.

"Reaper V! Reaper V!" Yasmine shouted repeatedy and right before her eyes William froze in mid-run as well as did everything around her.

Grim Reaper Serena materialized beside her as her eyes landed on William. "Are you ready to complete the revenge?"

Yasmine nodded quickly as the last bit of the ruby gemstone in Grim Reaper Serena's outstretched arm came into view. "This is the last of the special items you still have left. Wish for whatever you desire."

Yasmine slowly took the tiny speck and popped it into while closing her eyes. Once it dissolved in her

Please log in to read the full chapter