LOVE PHOTOGRAPH

[hiatus] The Cupid Reaper : Messenger of Love and Caller of Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter

   

"Good. Great. Hold that pose. That's it. Lovely." Serena let out in-between shots as she took photos of the bride and groom.

The bride, Gail, was a woman in her early thirties who was fighting cancer while the husband, Lou, was around the same age and supporting his wife through her difficult time. The bride's father had arranged for the two to be at a church, but due to his daugher's condition they had settled for the hospital. Gail's doctor had urged for them to up the date sooner as her condition was a little unstable and they didn't want to risk anything. So the couple decided to shoot their photos today while they would hold an actual ceremony later as they had alrady registered their marriage a week ago.

"Alright, Lou, you're looking less nervous now as we go along and Gail, don't be so cautious and shy. Your smile is beautiful and no one can deny that!" Serena continued to encourage them despite noticing Gail's body was waning a bit and it was difficult since she had to lugged around her oxygen tank as well. Of course it's been more than an hour since they've started, too.

"Okay, let's take one more shot at an area you guys want to do and then that's it." Serena suggested with a smile. "Then I'm out of your hair and can go upload these photos and send them to you as soon as possible."

The duo and their family nodded in agreement as the couple decided on the last scene. They wondered if Serena would allow Lou to walk with Gail in his arms as she took multiple shots of him carrying her from the hospital's entrance towards the car. Serena instantly agreed.

The family and friends helped arranged the walkway where Lou would be walking upon flower petals with Gail in his arms and her oxygen tank being trailed a bit behind with the assistant of a family member. From beginning to end Serena made sure to take multiple shots and from different angles without interrupting the walk as to not cause any risk in Lou dropping Gail.

Once it was over, they all returned to Gail's hospital room, talk business details, and Serena was soon out of the way so that the couple and their family and friends could have their moments. Serena shifted through a few of the images through her camera and smiled at them. Despite the difficulties of Gail, she pulled through and glowed within all the pictures. Serena also made sure to get candid ones since the real emotions were captured without any force or knowingly being able to pose.

Serena then placed the camera back into the bulky bag and adjusted it onto her shoulders before heading in a familiar direction to visit the physical Melanie who was lying in bed in a comatose state. Just as she reached the floor that her sister was staying in, Serena's attention turned towards someone calling out for her.

"Hey, Serena." Doctor Kugimiya jogged up to her with a friendly smile. "I heard you were around and I'm glad to have caught you before you left."

Serena cast him a confused look. "Well, I was here for a wedding photoshoot and then thought that while I was here I could see Melanie, too." She eyed him as the male seemed nervous about something. "There's nothing wrong with Melanie, is there?"

"Oh, no, no. She's fine. Still the same." Barry said with a reassuring tone. "I just wanted to ask you something else." His eyes shifted away a bit before returning onto Serena. "A favor."

"Depends. Usually doctors don't ask their patients' relatives for favors."

"Oh, this isn't a bad thing or anything. I just wanted to know if you'll be able to take photos to help out a little girl that's fighting cancer."

"Like what do you mean?"

"I was hoping that you could take photos for this little girl today. And I meant in a like an hour from now as I and the staff have organized a wedding of sorts to surprised Emi since her mother told me that she's been looking forward to all of her check-ups and appointments because she would be marrying me."

Serena raised an amused eyebrow. "So you want to do a wedding photoshoot is what you're asking for?"

"Yes."

"Sure."

"Thank you. Just meet me at the Pediatric Unit when you're done and just let the nurses at the nurse's station know you're there. They'll notify me since I'll mentioned your name to them."

"Okay. See you then, Doctor Kugiymiya."

"Thanks, Serena. See you then."

The hospital staff and family and friends were humming the Wedding March song as Serena took photos of little Emi walking down a path of petals that lined the hospital's hallway. All courtesy of the nurses in helping this little scenario for the child. The child was making her way, with the help of her mother, down the hallway to meet up with Doctor Kugimiya who was waiting for his soon-to-be-bride to arrive at the end of it.

Emi's uncle headed the ceremony as Barry was on his knees while he and Emi held hands. It was now the moment for the couple to put the rings on their fingers and Serena couldn't help smiling when she saw that they were the ring pops candy.

"Cute." She mumbled to herself as she continued to take several more photos from different angles while also including everyone involved in candid shots to be used and shared for later.

Once the doctor and Emi were announced husband and wife, Barry pushed Emi in a child pink jeep that had the sign, 'Just Married', written on it and little ribbons tied with cans attached to it that made noise once it was in motion. It was a really sweet moment that everyone forgot the overall situation.

Serena had just finished taking the last photo when Emi's mother came up to her and placed a grateful hand on her shoulder. "Thank you for doing this for my daughter."

"Oh, you're very welcome. It was really Doctor Kugimiya who informed me." Serena explained with a smile. "I'm glad to have captured this beautiful moment for Emi."

"Still, thank you for taking a moment of your time to go along with this."

"You're very welcome, ma'am." Serena said as she motioned the camera for Emi's mother to view. "If you like these are some of the images."

The mother teared upon seeing the photos as her daughter was truly glowing despite the situation that had befallen upon her at such a young age.

"Thank you so much."

"It is my pleasure."

"Thanks for offering to drive me to the hospital, Officer Angy." Special Agent Lewis thanked Xukun as the two were headed towards Nizho University Medical Center. "I mean I could have drove, but I got put on probation last week and can't drive anywhere unless I have someone with me."

"No problem." Xukun smiled as he focused on the road before him.

Hana looked over at Xukun. "Don't worry about Winfield and the others in the First Division." She assured him before fixing her gaze to the front as well. "We're in the same divisi

Please log in to read the full chapter