DC 3

[hiatus] The Cupid Reaper : Messenger of Love and Caller of Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

shining love

   

The next day when Yasmine awoke she felt relaxed and calm. She wasn't sure why, but it felt like the sleep had made her feel refreshed and that the day was going to be a beautiful one. When Yasmine joined her mother for breakfast as her father had already one to work, the woman was confused at the meal before her.

"Ma, it's just you and me. Why does it feel like you're feeding the whole family on both sides like it's Lunar New Year?" Yasmine asked her mother as the older woman smiled while placing a bowl of rice in front of her daughter. "Today is the start of your new job. It's a good luck celebration!"

"What new job? I work at the Bank of Roksiam for last six years."

"Oh silly girl, no you don't. You quit that job several days ago." Her mother chuckled causing Yasmine to look at her mother with confusion, but her mother continued speaking. "Hurry and eat before you miss the bus, JayJay. Can't make a bad impression on your first day by being late."

"But I-"

Her mom interrupted her. "Here is the directions and your employee badge to your new job if you forgot them already. I have to get going. I forgot that Mrs. Chua and I have an appointment with the others this morning. Eat well, but don't too long that you'll miss work. Bye."

Yasmine's mother was out the door before Yasmine could even get a word in edge wise. She shook her head as her eyes lingered over to the piece of paper with the directions written on them.

She picked up the small paper and read the name of the company that was now apparently where she works instead of the bank. "Mole-deer? Maul-dur? How do I even pronounce this?"

Yasmine stood before the 5-story black building with the name of the company in white font with awe.

"Imagination comes true." She read the saying below MOLDIR. "It's so regal and definitely posh." Yasmine looked down at her formal yet casual outfit. "I'm under dressed."

Letting out a steady breath, Yasmine psyched herself for this new experience. She figured this must have happened when she bit into the ruby gem yesterday as she remembered what its purpose was. She was about to make her way inside the building when she noticed a familiar car pulled up.

William got out of the car and almost walked right by Yasmine when he actully turned to glance her way and stopped in his tracks. He lowered his sunglasses to make sure what he was seeing was for sure before making his way towards the female while taking off his shades.

"Are you going to cause a scene here, too?" William accused as Yasmine frown. "Why would I do that?"

"How did you even find out where I was working?" He asked instead with an annoyed tone. "I can't believe this is happening. I knew I shouldn't have dated you." He signed while pinching the bridge of his nose.

Yasmine's facial expression turned to a solemn one upon hearing the words of why did he date her.

"Look, just go away." He did a shooing motion. "I don't need any trouble here. Mr. Kim is going to be arriving soon and I don't want the likes of you around when he shows up."

"The likes of me?" She asked in shock before shaking her head. "People like me are the ones that make this world function for the people like you."

"What? Say that again."

Yasmine went silent upon what she had said as she hated having any kind of attention on her when she said things like that.

William let out a sigh as he didn't have time for this. "Look, unless you're going to buy something from here, but I know you won't since you don't make enough to afford such things, get out of my sight."

"I'm not buying anything. I work here." Yasmine stated while holding up the lanyard with her employee ID on it. "Honestly, William, I didn't know you worked here."

"You're lying." He marched over and snatched the ID from out of Yasmine's hand to examine it. "This is fake. Are you really trying to cause a scene here, Jay?"

Not sure of what had come over her, but Yasmine snatched her lanyard back with a fierce look. "It's Yasmine and I'm not the one causing a scene. That's you."

Brushing passed William and towards the building, Yasmine then ended up bumping into another person who was also making his way inside MOLDIR. Before Yasmine could apologize to the man, William pulled her away and had pushed her off to the side.

"Mr. Kim, you're here. Are you alright?" William asked as he had picked up Jaejoong's bag and handed it back to him. "Sorry about her. She's not important."

Yasmine just watched the scene on blank mode not wanting to intervene.

"It's fine..." Jaejoong said as he blanked out William's name.

"William." William filled in.

"Ah, right, William. The secretary, right?" Jaejoong asked rhetorically although William still answered. "Yes, sir. For the last six months."

"Mmhmm." Jaejoong hummed not really interested while removing his sunglasses and directed his attention onto the female he had bumped into a while ago.

Yasmine's mouth dropped upon recognizing the handsome stranger from yesterday. She couldn't believed her fate that she was now working for him and possibly be the one to help her get back at her ex-boyfriend. Jaejoong signaled for Yasmine to come closer as Yasmine pointed at herself with widened eyes as Jaejoong nodded with an amused smile.

"Uh, sir, just ig-"

Jaejoong held a hand to interrupt William and he shut up instantly. Jaejoong continued to motion for Yasmine to come towards him and the female slowy made her way over with cautious steps.

"Do you know who I am?" Jaejoong asked, but slightly faltered when Yasmine shook her head and continued on anyways while pointing a finger at the MOLDIR building. "Do you know who owns this?"

Yasmine pointed at him as Jaejoong smiled. "Yes, at least you know that." His smile than dropped. "I there's something you need to say to me."

The female frown as she tilted her head. "Say what?"

William nudged her roughly while glaring at her. "Apologized."

"For what?"

"For bumping into him."

"We both ran into each other, so we both should apologize to one another." Yasmine reasoned as she heard a scoffed from Jaejoong.

"You want me to apologize to you?" Jaejoong asked in an apalled tone. "You think it was my fault?"

"Yes, at least partially." Yasmine stated before looking at William. "But if you realy want to blame someone, then you should make William apologized, too, since he was the one that made me run into you, sir."

"My fault? You want to blame me?" William pointed at himself upon hearing Yasmine's words. "You're here because y-"

Jaejoong interrupted him upon spotting the employee badge in Yasmine's hand. "Because she works for me."

William quieted down upon hearing his boss' voice and didn't want to go against him saying that Yasmine wasn't an employee. He didn't want to cause a scene in front of his boss and possibly fire him on the spot.

Yasmine smiled while nodding in agreement. "Yes. I'm a new worker here." She eyed William before looking at Jaejoong. "William thought it was a fake."

Jaejoong turned his attention onto William. "Why would you ever think that? Those that are hire for MOLDIR always go through a very thorough screening test."

Yasmine finally learned how MOLDIR was pronounced and repeated it in her head slowly. Mall-Deer. While she was doing that, William was stumbling over his words of how to tell Jaejoong that it wasn't like that.

"Enough." Jaejoong let out in a cold voice as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm already late because of you." He directed that at the other male and not the female.

"Badge." Jaejoong then offered his free hand towards Yasmine as he wanted to see her ID and she instantly put it into his grasp.

Jaejoong studied the badge and returned it. "Congratulations on being employed at MOLDIR. I'm the owner of the company, Jaejoong Kim. Remember it well." He told her while shifting his face towards her. "I'll excuse your tardiness due to unfortunate circumstances." His eyed William, but didn't say anything as he returned them back onto Yasmine. "Don't let it happen again."

"Yes, sir!" Yasmine complied with a huge smile as Jaejoong regarded her a bit while he shot her an awkward one before turning away and putting his sunglasses back on.

"Well, then, let's go, Wilbur." Jaejoong announced as he moved to head inside MOLDIR with William fumbling behind while he reminded

Please log in to read the full chapter