DC 1

[hiatus] The Cupid Reaper : Messenger of Love and Caller of Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

sea of light

   

"Ma, you have to make sure to take your medication, okay?" Yasmine reminded her mother as they waited for the bus to arrive. "The doctor said you have to watched your stress level. You're not getting any younger."

"Aiya, JayJay, stop fussing about me." Her mother dismissed her own health notion as she shot her daughter a look. "You should worry more about yourself. You should be married by now and giving me grandchildren."

"Ma." Yasmine shook her head a small laugh while taking a hold of her mother's arm and leading her onto the bus. "William and I haven't even talk about such things, yet alone about having kids." She helped her mother settled into an empty seat before taking one beside her. "If it happens, then it happens."

"Psh." Her mother made a face upon hearing her daughter's words. "You're telling me that I'm not getting any younger, yet what else can I do to look forward to when I have nothing better to do but sit around and watch the TV all day." Her mother sighed. "It's boring doing nothing."

"Don't worry, Ma. I think the day will come sooner than you think." Yasmine commented with a small smile as she remembered seeing a tiny black velvet box in the backseat of William's car the other day when he picked her up for work in the morning. "Soon, Ma. Very soon."

Xukun was sitting at Rendell's desk inputting information into the database by the order of Dee while she and James headed off to a case while she made him do paperwork for a few hours now. He was interrupted when he felt a tap on his shoulder and turned his attention onto the unfamiliar woman.

"August Angy?" She asked as Xukun nodded slowly. "And you are?"

"Suzana Renaud of the Special Section." Special Agent Renaud informed with a friendly expression before handing him a piece of paper. "Hana told me to give you this if you're interested."

"What is it?" He asked while taking the paper, but did not look at it yet. "And how did you know which one was me?"

"You have that certain kind of vibe that the others in the S-S has." Suzana answered although it made Xukun even more confused yet curious.

"Anyways, open it and you'll see. You'll know where to find us if you're ready to go in ten. Seeya." Suzana flashed him a smile and a peace sign before walking out of the department.

Xukun unfolded the piece of paper and saw that it was an invite to investigate the Jocelyn Bravin's case. He wondered if he would even be allow to join them when he noticed something at the very bottom of the note. It was a stamp of approvable by Chief Inspector Hastings that he had permission if he wanted to.

Xukun joined Special Agent Lewis on her investigation also accompanied by Jocelyn as the trio went in search of a drawing that Jocelyn had done of a play structure that also appeared in her dream from time to time.

"Thank you for believing in me." Jocelyn thanked the two officers as they were on their fourth park in hopes of locating the same play structure as the one that Jocelyn had drawn.

Hana held the item while taking the lead and looking around as she talked. "There's really no reason to not believe you as you don't seem like the type to lie, Miss Bravin." She glanced back to smile at the other woman before facing forward again. "Also there isn't proof that it didn't happen either."

Xukun glanced between the both of them as he also kept an eye out for the real life play structure when he felt Jocelyn brushed passed him. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Jocelyn momentarily stopped walking as she placed a hand over her heart as it thumped faster than before. "I remember that staircase."

Before Hana or Xukun could ask Jocelyn about it, Jocelyn took off with the two hot on her tail. When they reached the top the officers noticed that the play structure looked exactly the same as the one that Jocelyn had drawn. Jocelyn's eyes scanned the play area like she was looking for something or someone when she spotted a child and made her way towards him.

The two police officers followed after Jocelyn once again as they were led to a boy playing in the sand with his father. Jocelyn stared at the child for a while as the kid did the same thing. When the dad stood up to say something, Jocelyn squatted to the boy's level and played a game with him.

"Rock." Jocelyn said as her hand formed a fist with the little boy looking at her curiously.

"Paper." Jocelyn continued as the boy's face became a bit confused.

Then at the same time, both the boy and Jocelyn made the 'I love you' hand sign while saying, 'Rapasor'.

The child looked at Jocelyn with confusion as the words, 'mommy', left his mouth which snapped Jocelyn back to reality as if she didn't know what had overcome her a moment ago.

Later that night Yasmine got ready to celebrate hers and WIlliam's two year anniversary. She wore a very stylish white top over black skinny jeans, and cute black and white Converse heels to match. Yasmine tried to maintain her energy as she was usually mellow and calm about almost everything in her life, but something like this was a bit different.

Yasmine was just becoming extra excited as she believed tonight would be the night where her long-awaited vision of marriage becoming true. Her family was doing well and so was her job at the bank. Of course she lived a very normal life and at first thought she was too average and maybe weird for William, but their time together over the course of two years had changed her view of that. Or so she believed.

Upon arriving at the high-end restaurant, Yasmine couldn't believe her eyes due to the fact that they were at the Skylight Terrance where it took months to even reserve a reservation. Her heart thumped rapidly against her chest as she was overcome with anxiousness and silent excitement. Yasmine tried to remain tranquil as possible as she didn't want to get a head of herself now.

The evening went wonderfully and beyond Yasmine's expectations of it. William was charming, attentive, and complimented his girlfriend here and there with lots of small kisses to her knuckles every so often. She was a cute mess and she nearly forgot about the whole proposal until their date was coming to an end.

Unfortunately, nothing happened afterwards of what Yasmine assumed was going to occur that night. There was no special dessert, candlelight mood, or musicians playing a special song. No William getting up from his seat to kneel on one knee in front of Yasmine ready to propose to her and spend the rest of his life with her. There was no tiny black velvet box presented in Yasmine's sight to gasp at the item inside.

Instead, she was sent home with a quick kiss to the lips, and left feeling like it was just like any other date that they had in the past. William didn't mentioned their anniversary. Yasmine hoped that he would say something as she was the one that normally said stuff concerning their status and the likes. Yasmine felt that in every romantic expectation, the guy would take the lead and that night it made her realized that William had never done such things in their relationship.

Of course he showed her that he care when others were around and doing this and that whenever she invited him over to visit her parents. Then she realized that she had never met his parents yet or even brought it up. Yasmine shook the thoughts away while letting out a slow breath as she entered her house and up the stairs to her room in a quiet manner.

Almost like she was on auto-pilot, Yasmine went about her nightly routine like normal while scenarios played throughout her mind. She briefl

Please log in to read the full chapter