ch7 - Connected PT.2

[hiatus] The Cupid Reaper : Messenger of Love and Caller of Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

pit-a-pat

   

Serena was editing photos on her laptop for a client when she suddenly felt herself ascend and was plopped onto a chair a second later at the Cupid Station's conference room and was now Cupid Serena. She let out a heavy and long sigh wondering why she always had to be summoned at these meetings when majority of the time she was given her missions later on by her keepers.

"Welcome, Cupids." Eros greeted them happily as he sat at the head of the table. "Before we begin, is there anything that any of you would like to say or remind us about?"

Hedy eagerly raised her hand and Eros glanced at the other faces, but when no one else raised their hands he finally acknowledged Hedy.

"Yes!" She let out giddily before looking around her. "So, Valentine's Day is just around the corner and-"

"It isn't until another month, Hedy." Anteros stated with a bored look as Hedy ignored him and continued on like she didn't get interrupted just now.

"So Valentine's Day is around the corner and I was thinking that instead of having our Cupid Party here at the Cupid Station, we can celebrate it on the Moon." Hedy's eyes lit up as she raved on and on about music, decorations, and whatever else came to mind before Eros intervened.

"Thank you, Hedy." Eros said in a firm tone and this instantly shut up the goddess as she smiled sheepishly at him as he continued to speak afterwards. "Alright, so back to business."

A screen-like holographic profile appeared before them and Eros announced the person. "JisoosKrist, made an account about an hour ago."

"Jisoo Yoo. Blood type O. Western sign, Pisces. Eastern sign, Rabbit. Currently eighteen years of age and in her final year of high school." Eros read aloud Jisoo's basic information to the group before explaining the real reason she was on the site. "Jisoo hopes to find her soulmate, but due to her introverted nature she's having love troubles."

"But she's so cute and pretty. That luscious hair! Those pretty eyes. Gah, so a lovely human being. How can that girl be having trouble?" Hedy exclaimed in disbelief before raising her hand in to volunteer for Jisoo's case. "I'll take her case! Please choose me! Please oh please!"

Eros chuckled before snapping his fingers and a white file appeared before Cupid Serena as she stared at the white object suspiciously while casting a glance at Eros and Hedy before looking at the file again.

"Sorry, Hedy, but JisoosKrist will be assigned to SV_091689 instead per Chang'e's decision."

"Um, why?" Cupid Serena asked curiously while gesturing towards Hedy. "I mean, Hedy can totally take it since she wants to fulfill this mission and even volunteered for it."

"Chang'e chose you specifically, Cupid V, so there's no changing in the matter of who gets the assignments once they're assigned." Eros reminded with a kind smile as Cupid Serena nodded tiredly. "Okay."

Eros continued on with the next assignments as Cupid Serena wondered when it'll be over since she still had to finish editing the photos by tonight since the client wanted them by noon tomorrow.

It's been a couple of days since Jisoo had signed up for the CUPID RESPONDENCE, but she scolded herself for thinking it was real. It seemed real since she saw a lot of other users making posts about either finding love or having some other wishes granted. Even then she saw a few mentioning that it was true as they got their wishes granted, but there were no more updates than that. Maybe that's why Jisoo thought it was for real.

She had at first wanted to spill all of these excitement in to the diary, but realized that Chan might think she was crazy or weirder than she already was. So Jisoo in her creative way played it off as a fun idea for a future comic series where the heroine longs to be accepted, but needs love to do so. Of course, Jisoo felt that it may be a bit too farfetched, but she was already totally into the idea and had like mapped out colorful doodles and words all over the pages. Jisoo couldn't rip out the pages and have Chan curious about what she didn't want to share those missing pages of the diary.

Anyways, Jisoo let out another sigh at being wishful that she could easily find her soulmate through a website that just popped out of no where as she neared her apartment complex after school ended an hour ago. Plus she had to continue on with her doodling of the 'love yearning' heroine as to not let Chan think it was about herself and what not. She didn't want to expose her nonexistent love life like that. It was kind of embarrassing to tell the truth.

So lost in her thoughts Jisoo at first didn't hear the chirping from above her until it sounded louder against her ear. Jisoo looked about her when she heard the small tweeting sounds again as her eyes landed upon the same warbler flittering before her. This instantly brought a small smile to her face as she slowly held out her hand and the warbler perched itself into her palm all cozy like. Jisoo let out a chuckle while she gently rubbed the bird's head and cooing at it softly.

The warbler soon flew away as she watched it soar into the sky before hearing the sound of bell chimes. Her eyebrows furrowed upon the sound as she had never heard them in all of her life while living on this block. Jisoo then felt a slight breeze as the bells chimed once again before seeing a pair of rabbits standing right by her feet when she moved her head down to avoid the breeze as it brought up a little bit of dust and leaves.

"Aw they're adorable." Jisoo said as she had a big smile on her face while squatting down to pet them which they moved closer to snuggle up against her legs.

"Ahh that feels so good. Yeah, right there. That's the spot. Oh yeah." Aiusa hummed upon having his ears scratched, but was kicked shortly afterwards by Baitu. "Shh. She'll hear you."

Jisoo's eyes widened upon hearing the two bunnies talked and stopped petting them.

"Wait, don't stop." Aiusa whined cutely as it bopped its head underneath her palm for her to continue.

Jisoo was even more surprised that she was able to understand them as she tentatively went back to rubbing the brown rabbit's head. She was about to pet the white one, but it hopped away. Jisoo watched Baitu stand beside a woman in a soft colorful anime outfit. She was hovering and Jisoo began thinking she was starting to imagine things, but then again this whole week has been weird.

"Aiusa." Cupid Serena said his name with a firm tone and the brown rabbit quickly was soon by her side in an alert position with a small and sheepish chuckle. "Sorry. I just like getting my ears scratched."

"I know." Cupid Serena softly laughed as she looked at Jisoo with a wide smile. "Hello, Jisoo."

"Uh. Hi." Jisoo stood back up while waving shyly. "Uh, how do you know my name?"

"How about we go inside so that people won't stare at you and I'll explain everything then."

"At me?"

"I'm able to hide myself unlike you other mortals."

"Wait, hide? Aren't you  cosplaying?"

Cupid Serena smirked. "No. Shall we?" She indicated towards the building with her head.

"Oh, right. Um, yeah, okay."

Jisoo entered the building and headed towards the elevators. While pressing the up button she turned to see if they were still there, but saw no one. Jisoo tilted her head in confusion and looked about her and wondered if she just had some weird imagination episode just now due to the disappointment of the soulmate ordeal. She brushed it aside as she entered the lift allowing it to be just her mind playing games with her.

Once she entered her apartment and towards her bedroom and upon opening her door she was met with the two cats who were jumping on her bed while Cupid Serena was napping in mid-air. Jisoo wasn't sure what to think or say and so she just watched the scene before her unfold. It wasn't until Nerok jumped too high and flew in the air and landed on Cupid Serena causing her to jerk awake.

"Oh, right." The cupid recalled why she was here in the first place and spun around to look at Jisoo with a so-called happy expression she could mustered up that didn't look fake. "Congratulations! I'm here to lead you to your fated one!" 

"Wait, so you're really not a cosplayer?" Jisoo asked as she stared at her in confusion.

"No, I'm Cupid."

"But I thought Cupid was supposed to be a chubby baby in a diaper?"

"That's what we want you to think since people love babies."

"Oh ho, Cupid V was definitely a chubby baby when she was younger. Really chubby." Maofah joked before finding himself being smacked by one of Jisoo's pillows per Cupid Serena's power.

"Back to why I'm here," Cupid Serena re-directed the conversation back on track, "My purpose is to help you as much as possible to find your soulmate."

Jisoo's jaw dropped in surprised before beaming happily. "Really?"

"No. We're lying and you're hallucinating." Maofah deadpanned as Nerok smacked him. "Don't be mean."

Cupid Serena swooshed them out of sight and away leaving her alone with Jisoo. "Ignore them. Anyways, you just need to explain what you want and what you would like me to help you with. When that's done then I'm able to aid you as much as possible."

Jisoo soon enough launched into her explanation of why she summoned for Cupid Serena to appear in her life to help her in finding love. The cupid listened intently, but regarded the information she was given and let Jisoo continued to inform her as the white file in the Cupid's hand filled itself out with Jisoo's words.

"Am I talking too much? Did I say too much?" Jisoo asked once she was done talking and felt like she may have said a little too much about her loveless life.

"No. You're fine." Cupid Serena told Jisoo as she skimmed the contents of the file.

Jisoo soon felt a light breeze and heard bell chimes again. She looked around her room and saw that the two bunnies from before had returned, but this time they each had something with them. The two rabbits looked over at Cupid Serena and she nodded to indicate that they could proceed.

Baitu was the first one to hop over to Jisoo and handed her the white vial. "This ELIXIR once drank will allow you to see your own red string, which is either attached to your pinky or ankle, that is also attached to your soulmate's ankle or pinky."

"That's it? Just like that? I thought we get shot with arrows and all that junk?" Jisoo asked as she looked over at Cupid Serena who looked up from the file. "We do, but we try not to use them as much as the arrows usually go off course some times and isn't reliable as it used to be in this day and age."

"Drinking the elixir is much more effective since you don't get any markings from the arrows, but it doesn't work as fast though. Still, the elixir is something preferred as it can be consume bit by bit instead of all at once. Love should be cherish, not rushed. Please remember that." Baitu added as Jisoo nodded and patted his head. "Aww, thank you."

"You're welcome." He smiled before poofing away in a puff of pinkish and whitish smoke.

Aiusa then hopped on over next and gave Jisoo a bag of five small rice cakes. "In your case, these RICE CAKES will work as mini wishes that you so desire. Of course, please wish carefully and wisely as they'll backfire if you don't wish it thoroughly and it'll come out as something different than you wished for."

Jisoo eyed the bag a bit skeptically as Aiusa chuckled. "Don't worry about them molding. They won't expire until you actually make the final connection with your soulmate. Once that happens, the rice cakes are no longer in effect although they're magical. Some things do have an expiration date eventually."

"I'll keep that in mind." Jisoo smiled as Aiusa smiled and bumped his head against her hand and she scratched the spot behind his ears before he disappeared in a puff of golden-brownish smoke.

Cupid Serena closed the white folder and snapped her fingers to send it back home before shooting Jisoo a soft look. "May I ask you something?"

"Sure." Jisoo hummed as she held the items tightly again

Please log in to read the full chapter