ch9 - Through My Eyes PT.3

[hiatus] The Cupid Reaper : Messenger of Love and Caller of Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

stay with me

   

"How were you able to get a meeting with Jacob Tudyk so fast when I just mentioned it to you barely an hour ago?" Xukun asked James as the duo along with Violette were headed towards the interrogation room that Mr. Tudyk would be in.

"I just asked Senior Officer Jensen and she allowed it upon hearing it was a request from Dr. Wautier and that Chief Inspector Hastings heard it was actually through you that she sought to get a meeting and gave the overall permission to do so." James answered.

Xukun wondered about the chief inspector decision upon learning it was him, but he didn't say anything. He assumed this may be why he was here meeting Mr. Tudyk after he and James returned to the precinct after responding to the murder of Mhara Nagai shortly afterwards.

James later tilted in his head in curiosity while glancing in Violette's direction. "Senior Officer Jensen usually accompanies during these meetings, but for some reason she declined to not attend this one today."

"Why is that?" Violette asked as James grew sheepish before answering her. "She said something about it involving you and that she didn't want to be here."

Violette just chuckled as the trio finally arrived outside the room. James knocked on the door before opening it leading them inside where Mr. Tudyk was seated along with another officer present who soon left once the trio arrived. Violette took the only seat across from Mr. Tudyk while the other two officers just stood to the side and observed the interaction of the other two when Mr. Tudyk initiated conversation.

"It doesn't matter who comes." Jacob calmly stated while looking at Violette who just looked on intrigued. "I can pass through these walls easily and the next victim will appear soon."

"My name is Violette Wautier and I'm from the Special Section of the Nizho Metropolitan Police Department." Violette introduced herself. "Will you participate in an experiement?"

"What?" Jacob said with a dubious expression.

"I'd like to see you walk through walls." Violette smiled as Jacob smiled weirdly back at her. "Uh, sure."

The group of four soon left the interrogation room and ended up in an unused room that was used as storage to keep extra boxes.

"We'll open the door again in ten minutes." Violette informed Jacob while James unlocked his handcuffs with Xukun waiting by the doors.

"Please walk through the walls before the time's up." Violette continued as she watched Jacob with piqued interest while Jacob nodded with a confident smile. "Don't worry. It'll be simple enough."

Violette shot him one last looked before exiting the room with James both unaware that Jacob's confident smile dropped as he glanced about the room. After shutting the door and barring it with a bench, the trio sat outside until the ten minutes were up. James who sat in-between Xukun and Violette tapped her on the shoulder as she had slightly fell asleep during the process.

"Hmm?" Violette hummed when she jerked awake.

"Do you think he'll be able to passed through the walls?" James asked curiously as Violette shrug. "We'll just have to wait and see."

"But if he does that would truly be amazing." Violette quietly exclaimed as James nodded his ethusiastically agreeing with her.

Xukun was keeping time with his watch, but upon hearing their conversation he wondered if this Jacob fellow could walk through walls and wouldn't be surprised if it was possible given the situation he's been in.

"Hey, the ten minutes are up." Xukun announced a few seconds later while glancing at the duo.

The trio quickly removed the bench before Violette opened the door and Jacob was nowhere in sight. James rushed into the room in awe that Jacob was really gone and was amazed that he had actually phased through the walls and out of the room. Xukun was a little more skeptical about Jacob's vanishing, but he couldn't deny that Jacob was no where to be seen.

"He really did it?!" James exclaimed like a young child as Xukun still looked about the room in doubt.

Violette just rubbed the back of her neck  while in thought as James hurried out of the room while pulling Xukun with him thinking that they could actually get a glimpse of Jacob wandering about. It wasn't until they took a few steps out of the room that they heard loud laughing from Violette and went back to check on her.

When the duo entered the room, Violette was still laughing before moving the door where Jacob had hidden himself in an attempt to make himself disappeared.

"He's right here." Violette announced whie still laughing as Jacob's hair was dishelved and sweatbeads were apparent on his forehead.

"I'm sorry." He apologized. "My physical strength is a bit wonky right now."

"You're physical strenght is wonky?!" James glared at him with disbelief before getting riled up. "This isn't a game! People are dying and you're unable to pass through walls because of your physical strength?!"

Xukun had to hold him back from attacking Jacob as Jacob cowered away from James' words. Violette looked at Jacob with disappointment.

"Ahhhh, how disappointing." Violette lightly whined as she placed her chin into her palm that was prompted on the table's surface. "I really wanted to know which par

Please log in to read the full chapter