DC 4

[hiatus] The Cupid Reaper : Messenger of Love and Caller of Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

shining love

   

The days following the incident, Jaejoong has been avoiding Yasmine as much as possible as if she was like the plague itself. Every time he spotted her within the same room as him, Jaejoong would suddenly make an excuse to go and do something else. When Yasmine had to deliver important paperwork or something to him, Jaejoong woud tell her to either slip it under the door or just leave it by the door and he'll pick it up later.

Yasmine wasn't sure what was up with her boss' behavior, but she found it kind of weird since it didn't get any better like what Daeng had said. Because it only made William more often saying that she'll get fired soon since Jaejoong has been ignoring her. She was in in the good favor like she was previously and he'll soon stop becoming an errand boy and an actual secretary.

An hour just before lunch time Yasmine was called to Jaejoong's office on the fourth floor titled 'JJ Room'. She wasn't sure what to expect since she never really got reprimanded for anything while working there, but William shot her a smug looked when she arrived while telling her that she shouldn't have lasted this long anyways.

When she arrived on the floor, knocked on the office's door, and entered the majestic room a moment later Yasmine was greeted by a pensive looking Jaejoong.

"Yes, Mr. Kim?" Yasmine said upon calming herself down after entering.

"Why don't you carry around a MOLDIR bag?" Jaejoong asked, but his eyes were still settled upon his desk.

"Um, excuse me?"

Jaejoong repeated his question.

"Well, because I don't need to." Yasmine reason with a a half-shrug.

Jaejoong's piercing eyes instantly bore into hers when he looked up and Yasmine was not ready to be looked at by them and so averted eye contact.

"You're working at MOLDIR, Yasmine." Jaejoong stated as he suddenly pulled a drawer from his desk and placed one of his MOLDIR bag design on top of it. "You need to make sure that you own one."

"No, it's okay. I'm fine without one."

Jaejoong's face fell as he looked down with closed eyes and let out a breath before gazing at Yasmine again.

"Take the bag." He ordered.

"To where?" Yasmine asked cluelessly about what he actually meant.

"No where. Just take the handle and put it on."

"Like a leash? What? You want me to wear it like I'm some sort of dog?"

"What, no." Jaejoong let out in exasperation of Yasmine's weirdness while muttering the last part to himself. "Why is she so weird?"

Yasmine watched her boss talk to himself and didn't think he was the type to do that. She honestly thought it was for weird people like her.

"Consider this bag as a welcome gift." Jaejoong finally let out as he pushed the MOLDIR bag towards her.

"Oh, okay." Yasmine accepted as she made her way toward Jaejoong's desk and took the item causing him to eye Yasmine with an annoyed look. "It took you that long to accept it?"

"Well, you said it's a welcome gift. So of course the receiver accepts the gift given by the giver gratiously." Yasmine smiled at him while Jaejoong slightly palmed his face to ease his agitation although Yasmine hardly paid attention to her boss' behavior. "Anyways, is that all, Mr. Kim?"

Jaejoong shot her a pointed look. "No, Yasmine. That isn't all."

"Oh, then what else is there?"

"Go get me lunch." He commanded as Yasmine looked confused. "Why?"

"Because it's going to be lunch soon and I want ginseng chicken soup."

"But William is your secretary."

"Well you're my secretary now."

"Why? Since when?"

"Since now." He looked at her as calmly as possible. "Now, please go get me my lunch along with some spicy beef ribs, too." Jaejoong then slid a platinum silver card across his desk towards Yasmine. "You can use this."

"So you're joining in our daily lunch discussions now, Officer Angy?" Special Agent Tono asked with a chuckle upon spotting Police Officer Xukun in the Special Section when Tono entered and handed Xukun a lunch box. "Hmm, that explains why Hana had me picked up an extra one."

"Ah thank you." Xukun thanked Tono as he accepted the offered meal before speaking. "Well, Special Agent Lewis thought I could be helpful since I've been with the investigation at the begining of it."

"I think it's because Hana uses Officer Angy as a free ride since we're unable to aid her." Suzana injerjected with a laugh as she joined the duo and took a lunch box herself. "Still it's nice having a fourth person around."

"Yes, yes, lovely." Hana interrupted the trio's convesation as she entered the office and pulled one of those large rolling white board for all of them to view. "Here's what we got." Hana began as she flipped the board over and revealed a map out of what she's been piecing so far.

"I really do believe that Doctor Himura murdered Mrs. Salmond." Hana pointed to the doctor's photo before moving it horizontally to the right where a picture of Angelica was posted. "His motive was to be the first one in Roksiam to succeed in doing a difficult heart transplant."

Hana then moved her hand vertically down to Jocelyn's photo. "And Mrs. Salmond was the donor where Miss Bravin received the heart through an operation done by Doctor Himura."

"Okay, even if so, didn't you have any doubts while investigating that?" Tono asked after eating a bite of his parmasean chicken.

"Well, yeah." Hana agreed as her hand rose to indicate an article at the top left corner of the white board. "Doctor Himura has been doing research on rare bloodtypes over the year and has even wrote a research paper where he explained a techinique that signifcantly increase the engraphment rate."

Hana hurried to her desk and picked up a bunch of paper and set it onto the table where the trio were sitting.

"Here it is." She tapped the bulky stack with a smile. "When Doctor Himura found a patient with that rare Harvey bloodtype and a potential donor with the specify conditions he-"

Xukun interrupted Hana absentmindedly as he was going through the research report. "Senior Police Officer Everingham stated that Doctor Himura isn't the killer."

The Special Section unit turned to stare at him. When he realized that it was quiet Xukun looked up at the six pair of eyes watching him.

He quickly sat upright, put the report  back down onto the table, and let out a cough before continuing. "Um, Senior Police Officer Everingham was one of the investigator for the case and said during Mrs. Salmond's suicide at the hospital, it had caused an uproar along with suspicious circumstances surrounding the death."

"What else did Officer Everingham say?" Suzana inquired after finishing her meal.

"Uh, something about a 'suicide that was too convenient with a timely transplant operation connecting it' or something like that." Xukun finished while rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "Senior Police Officer Everingham truly believed that Doctor Himura was the culprit and was the most suspicious out of them all."

"How was he the most suspicious?" Tono asked a second later.

"Well, Senior Police Officer Everingham told me that they found a blood stain not belonging to Mrs. Salmond as it wasn't someone who had the Harvey blood type. They believed it to be the killer and that they were blood type A." Xukun continued to explain the details of that case. "They asked Doctor Himura to provide his D-N-A and blood to rule him out."

"He had a different blood type, didn't he?" Hana reasoned as Xukun nodded. "Yeah. Doctor Himura's blood type was B and not A as Senior Police Officer Everingham had predicted."

"Wow." The trio let out as Xukun spoke again to continue with the rest of the story. "Yeah, Senior Police Officer Everingham told me that he thought the doctor would refuse, but Doctor Himura had his blood drawn right before Senior Police Officer Everingham's own eyes."

"Soon enough, the suicide died down and it wasn't a hot topic anymore." Xukun finished his story from what Ananda had told him when the senior officer had found out that it was brought up again through Jocelyn and was headed by the Special Section unit.

Hana softly ruffled her hair with a confused expression. "I honestly don't think Mrs. Salmond would be the type to have committed suicide in the first place." She reasoned out loud. "She was a happy housewife. Toby was her pride and joy." She looked at her crew with an honest facial expression. "Despite her illness, why would a mother like her leave a child behind that she dearly loved?"

Suzana shot Hana an encouraging look although her tone was a bit playful. "Then why don't you investigate a little further?" She smirked afterwards. "You know who I'm talking about."

"I am not asking him." Hana declided with frown as she folded her arms across her chest. "I'm not doing it."

"Here you go, Mr. Kim. Enjoy." Yasmine said as she set down Jaejoong's lunch upon his desk along with the credit card before turning around.

"Where are you going?" Jaejoong asked when he saw her turning around and about to leave his office.

Yasmine shot her boss an obvious look. "Leaving."

"I can see that. Why?"

"So I can go enjoy my own lunch time."

Please log in to read the full chapter