ch3 - Countless

[hiatus] The Cupid Reaper : Messenger of Love and Caller of Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter three

   

"What's going on here?" A woman asked in stern tone upon seeing her male best friend with another woman who's actually his co-worker as the first woman entered the kitchen angrily.

The two separated from their embrace when the first woman entered the room like they were caught doing something that they shouldn't have. The male tried to explain the situation as the second woman backed away in slight fear upon seeing the other woman's deathly glare in her direction.

"Pim, May just hurt-"

Pim pushed the man out of the way to glare at May. "It's so typical of you, May. Pretending to play hurt and weak countless of times so that Gun will take care of you. You're so pathetic."

"Pim, it's not like-"

Pim shoved Gun away again not wanting to hear him protecting May again like always, even from those long years ago. Dark clouds began to form outside dangerously, but the trio didn't take notice of the sudden change of weather and continued with their current situation.

"Why do you keep doing this, May?" Pim asked her in a hostile tone. "Why do you always come back to steal him away from me? Time and time again you always take him away from me!" Pim's voice cracked as silent tears began to fall. "Why can't you just let me love him in this life time? Why is that so hard for you to do?"

Now angry tears began to slide down Pim's face as she pushed May away from her who was looking at Pim with an apologetic and sorrowful expression.

"It's not me, Pim. It's the heavens. It repeats itself." May responded not sure how this information came to her. "Time always repeats itself so we end up like this time and time again. That's why, Pim."

"I don't believe you. You're such a liar, May." Pim denied May's words as her eyes fell upon the small parring knife on the kitchen counter while taking it in to her hold. "I'll take it into my own hands and won't let time repeat itself this life time around. Die, May!"

"Wait, don't!" Gun shouted as he intercepted and took the stabbing to the lower gut area instead of May.

"Gun!"May shouted as Gun fell into her arms as she caught him while they both fell to the ground.

Pim watched in shock upon what had just happened while staring at the knife. "I wasn't thinking, right. Gun just got in the way. It just happened. I didn't mean to do it. It's not my fault." She muttered to herself while shaking. "It wasn't my fault. He got in the way. He got in the way."

Tears fell continously from May's eyes as she watched her love's life starting to fade away the more he gasped for air. May realized that in every life time the other her and Gun met, he always ended up dying so that they couldn't be together because of the curse that Pim had put on her those countless years ago.

"Pim." May looked up at the other woman with a tear-stained face. "Let's not be like this anymore."

This broke Pim out of her trance upon hearing the other woman's voice. "What?" She made a face like she didn't want to listen to her. "No, May. If I can't have him, then I will die along with him. This isn't fair."

Just as Pim pointed the parring knife towards her and was about to stab herself, May instantly stood up to prevent the other female from taking her own life.

"Pim! Pim, please don't. Don't kill yourself." She tried to reason with Pim as Pim shook her head not wanting to believe that this situation was happening now. "No. I can't stand not having the chance to be with Gun."

"Pim, I beg you. Please don't kill yourself." May held onto Pim's wrists still trying to persuade her from killing herself. "I love Gun and I know you love him, too, but to save him you have to accept that you guys aren't destined for one another. We've gone through this countless times before and look at where we are."

May and Pim stared at one another before glancing down to the still struggling Gun who was fighting to stay alive. Gun was soon losing conscienceness as his body started to jerk around less and less.

"We've lived countless lives over the years and we always end up alone and our story never moving on. We're stuck in a cycle, Pim." May reasoned upon coming to this realization. "I beg you, please don't continue with killing yourself. Please take back the curse. Please accept the way fate decided our lives. Let us move on."

May begged as tears continued to fall from her face while letting go of Pim's wrists and May's body slowly fell to the floor. She put her hands together in a begging pose and bowed down at Pim's feet. "Pim, please. I beg of you. I truly beg you to end this countless cycle for good. Please, Pim. Please. Not for me, but for Gun."

Pim closed her eyes while taking in a deep breath. She contemplated on May's words until she glanced at Gun and saw that he was close to death. She realized sadly that she would never be fated with him and that she had to accept that. Countless years later, but she finally realized it. She hated this realization. She hated herself for still being like this.

"Okay, May. I take back the curse I've said those countless years ago. I accept my fate for this life time and the others after. I won't kill myself to protect myself." Pim announced in a flat tone as she dropped the knife and looked from May to Gun. "I won't interfer in yours and Gun's love life any longer. I promise this."

The dark clouds dissipated as the sky became sunny and clear again. May smiled while letting out a relieved breath as she looked up at Pim with a thankful look and bowed once more at her feet. After doing so, May went rushing over to check on Gun's condition who stopped coughing and seemed to be slowly breathing reguarly again. The wound he substained had begun to vanished bit by bit.

Pim watched the two as she closed her eyes not wanting to regret her choice as she looked up towards the ceiling to hold back the tears. "Reaper V." She called out softly and Grim Reaper Serena materialized in front of her as the other duo froze in place like time had stop moving for them. Maofah and Nerok followed closely behind a second later, but kept silent.

"Yes?" Grim Reaper Serena answered while casting her eyes onto the pair before turning them onto Pim.

Before she could say anything else, Maofah interjected. "Sheesh? What happened here? You mudering people now, Pim, when the Grim Reaper could have taken care of that for you?"

The white feline flittered from the frozen pair and hovered above Pim's head as Nerok floated to his side with a frown upon his face. "Why do you always assume the worst, Maofah?"

"Because, Nerok, I say it how it looks like." Maofah stated with a smug look.

Grim Reaper Serena made a shooing motion with her hands and the felines shimmered away without their consent while yelling out their discontent. Well, more like Maofah was as Nerok complied without a fuss.

The reaper returned her focus onto Pim. "So did something happened and you would like me to change it?"

"Yes and no." Pim said with a sad tone, but shook it off. "I want to change my wish."

"Oh?"

"I know that we signed a blood contract and all, Reaper V, but I no longer wish to make Gun fall in love with me knowing that even with the help of you, he still chose May over me in the end. They truly are destined to be with one another time and time again."

GR Serena nodded her head as she swirled her hand in the air and in her palms lied three of the five items that Pim never used. "Is that why you never bothered to used these after using the other two?"

Pim nodded. "I realized that I wanted Gun to fall in love with me for me and that he and I would be together in this life time." She glanced at the duo with a forlorn expression. "But him and May are the ones that are destined for each other through and through. No matter how many times I tried to get in the way of it."

Her e

Please log in to read the full chapter