stay with me

Perfect Mess

January 2017

 

"Okay cut! That's great Chanyeol and Wendy. Let's maintain that intense eye contact and have that maybe on three takes after this break. I admire the affectionate stares, it's realistic. God job you both." The director instructed as they both bowed to him and also bowed as they approached each other. These are the times where they should act formal with each other as staff from SM may know but not with outside the company. Wendy was picking out sandwiches and dessert from the snack bar as Chanyeol tapped and bowed to her formally, "Wendy-ssi, you want some coffee?" She smiled and bowed back, "Yes, sunbaenim the usual."

 

They went to the table as if Chanyeol was just casually conversing with Wendy as both were known to have bright personalities. It was not quite obvious that they were in a relationship as their managers accompanied them during the break time. They sat beside each other with their managers across them. "Way too formal Chanyeol-ssi." She winked. "Don't do that to your sunbaenim. I might die from your aegyo." He whined then suddenly held her hand under the table. "Just so you know, I don’t have aegyo and why are you holding my hand?" She mouthed with a cute expression. He replied with his puppy eyes, "Because I miss you so much." Both the managers had that disgusted expression, EXO's manager scolded both, "Stop flirting you two, someone might see us. We'll be all dead." "Sorry hyung." He replied in a serious tone as he loosened his grip over her hand. Red Velvet' manager explained, "As much as we ship you both and support you so much. We can't afford to risk your careers. You both worked hard for it." Wendy nodded, "Yes unnie, we understand."

 

After he finished his food, Chanyeol went out with a sigh and with a serious look on his face. He went and saw an abandoned garage and texted Wendy if she can follow him there since there were no people around. When he saw her, he grabbed her hand immediately and pulled her to a tight hug. "I know it's tough but just so you know, I will never leave you. No matter what happens, I’m with you, always," he caressed her hair as he said in his lovely low-toned voice. "I know. This will be a tough road for us. We have reached our dream, it is for us to continue & inspire more with our music. If we have each other to rely on, I realized the road will be easier to tackle. That is why, I will never leave you too Yeol." She replied as she hugged him tight. He was moved w/ her words, teary-eyed he replied, "We cannot promise but at least we should try to be strong for us right?" She answered sincerely "Yes for us. Thank you for being Park Chanyeol and loving me wholeheartedly." He broke from the hug and cupped her beautiful face with his delicate hands and stared with his warm gaze, "Thank you for being you and loving me too, Son Seungwan," as he kissed his forehead.

 

December 2017

 

Wendy remembered that sweet and meaningful moment from their shoot as she saw from afar a poster of Red Velvet and EXO at a Sketcher's shop after their fansign as they went home. She thought about the words she said to him, I will never leave you. "I was the weak one. I left him behind." She said aloud while the members were just in the living room, shocked and looked at her. Irene went near her, "What's wrong?" Wendy sat down with all of the members. They were willing to listen to the story they never dared to ask. "Actually, I was confused. I thought maybe Chanyeol was bored or sick of me and wasn't interested anymore. He was the party type, I was the serious one. I even thought maybe he likes other girls. I heard him say once that I was boring but I knew he was drunk. I was just scared of the sasaengs since they started sending threats to my family. I was also scared that maybe he was just too good for me. My mind was everywhere. Maybe I am lacking."

 

They were listening to her as she shared everything with no restrictions. Seulgi replied, "Seungwan-ah. As I have always said to you, there's nothing wrong with you. You are one of the most talented and kindest we've met." Yeri added, "You and Chanyeol sunbaenim even complement each other in almost everything." Irene hugged Wendy and told her in a serious tone, "Wendy-ah, what matters to is you do not forget yourself. Your happiness and the people you love. All of those things brings about your passion for your dream and keeps you going, to be not just a better artist but a person."

 

Joy and the rest of the members agreed as she added, "Learn to appreciate yourself much unnie. I even remembered before you and Chanyeol got together you even asked me if we were an item just because we partied once. I mean you didn't realize he always has his eyes on you. We just talked for a while because she always asks for you. He treasures you as much as how we treasure you." Wendy was overwhelmed as she cried and thanked all her members for all their love and support to her.

 

She went inside her room and called Chanyeol. He didn't answer. She nervously called him the second time and got no answer. She was devastated it was her fault. Maybe, he has realized to just let go, she thought. She sat in the corner of her room, sobbing.

 

A few minutes later, her phone rang. It was him. She answered the call and heard the voice she has been longing to hear.

 

"Hello?"

"Yeol-ah, sorry. I am really sorry. I still love you and always will. Please stay with me."

 

everytime I close my eyes

i always see those eyes

even when you’re not around

you’re all I think about

stay with me

 

Song: Stay with Me by Punch and Chanyeol