The One

Perfect Mess

August 2018

 

2 AM

Yeol: Wannie, still awake?

Wan: Yuhp. Practicing for comeback, wait why u still awake tho?

 

He immediately pressed on the call button.

Yeol: I just can’t sleep. I miss you so much L Being back in Seoul means we won’t have time to see each other. I miss your voice, I miss you.

Wan: Me too, soooo much. But good thing, we had the Stay With Me collabs and we kinda met up in Japan too right?

Yeol: You were not even looking at me during the perfs? T.T

Wan: You know, comebacks are nearing. We can’t risk sasaengs or any hawk-eyed fans.

Yeol: Ohh, sorry. Yes, safety first but I really wish that day will come when they will accept that we deserve to be the people we love.

Wan: I know. I wished for that too. God knows how we love our fans. You even tattooed them on your wrist.

Yeol: True. I love how loyal and good are fans are to us. I really hope they would understand. Wait what time will you end?

Wan: In 30 mins. probably, we’re just wrapping it up.

Yeol: Okaaaay. Wait for me let’s go to Han River?

Wan: Han River???

Yeol: Yah. It’s 2 AM plus we’ll go where there are few people. It will be quick, I just want to see you.

Wan: Okay. I’ll call you when we’re done.

 

He wore his usual clothes and grabbed some paper bags as he rushed to SM building. They drove to Han River and true enough to Chanyeol’s words, it was an area with no people at all except them. They wore their typical disguise, hoodies, tracking pants, and sneakers. Wendy was amazed to see the beautiful sight of the river.

 

Despite their busy schedules, she always liked it when it was just them. Chanyeol seemed giddy as he pulled out a Zootopia picnic mat and set a mini picnic area near a tree. “I brought your faves.” There was a lunchbox of fruits, egg rolls, chicken and cans of beer. “Wow, you prepared all of this? What’s the occasion?”

 

Wendy smiled as she sat down and leaned on the tree. He fed her with a slice of egg roll and pinched her cheeks. “Nothing, I just missed you. Actually mom sent this lunchbox and told me to give some to you since we were busy with comeback preparations. I just bought the beer and this.” He smiled while pointing to his Zootopia picnic mat then bragged that he bought it a store in Austria while shooting for his upcoming drama.

 

Chanyeol went back from his car to get some other stuff. She was already asleep leaning on to the tree. He had always admired Wendy’s beautiful face even while sleeping. “She is even more beautiful without make-up.” He caressed her face then helped her lie down as he gently placed her head over the pillow and a blanket to cover her.

 

They were facing each other, lying down on a shared pillow, and he placed his hand over his chest as he felt his heart racing. “It’s really possible to fall in love over and over again.” He then set the alarm to 20 mins. for them to take a power nap since the sun will be rising soon, hence more people will see them. He pulled her into a warm embrace as she instinctively hugged him back.

 

Wendy woke up to the alarm and she thought it was just a dream when she saw Chanyeol’s face. She pinched his cheeks as he opened his huge, pretty eyes and smiled to her while cupping her cheeks. “I wish it was always like this,” she said and kissed him on the lips. He was shocked but he liked it as he felt Wendy’s sincere feelings.

 

He kissed her back deeply. It lasted for a while and they were filled with emotions. At that time, it was them not as idols, but people genuinely showing their affection and love for each other.

 

They were lying down, looking at the say and he held her hand tightly. ““You know, I don’t deserve you. I was that playboy dumb person who hurt your feelings. I was a jerk but you still accepted me and I loved you and forever will. We don’t spend that 100 days, monthsaries or anniversary thing because we can’t keep up with our schedules but just so you know, it’s been 2 years, 1 month, 2 days, and…”

 

He checks his watch while smiling showing off his cute dimples then continued, “4 hours, 27 minutes and 10 seconds of being with you, loving you and I will love you until we grow old. I cannot make promises but I can only say that I will never stop loving you, Son Seungwan.”

 

Tears were falling from her face as she caressed Chanyeol’s face. He wiped her tears, “Don’t cry. It will make you ugly.” She punched her lightly. “You’re so cheesy that’s why. But really, we both deserve each other. We deserve to be happy. I know sometimes we can be crazy fighting over petty things. You can be a jerk at times but I am not even perfect for you. I thought before, everything should be ideal, perfect but I guess meeting you was a perfect mess. You made me more confident and you made me appreciate and love myself not to be stressed out of what other people say. You always say to me to not force myself in being perfect based on others’ standards but live my life according to what I want and love. I can see spending the rest of my life with you. I can last forever making music with you, singing Stay With Me with you, going to the gym, cooking, baking and eating our favorites, you tattooing and me piercing, whatever you like even recycling our airport fashion…”

 

He laughed and patted her head. “Thank you for always being there for supporting me. I am blessed to have you and I will love you forever and always, Park Chanyeol.”

 

He hugged her tightly and said, “I really wish that it was always like this I am blessed and grateful that I have met you. I know you are the one.

 

 

‘Cause you make my heart feel like it’s summer

When the rain is pouring down

You make my whole world feel so right when it’s wrong

That’s why I know you are the one

 

Song: The One by Kodaline

 

 

/this is the last chapter. Sorry fellow shippers, I also deleted the "vacation" chapter coz' I think I won't be able to update any more stories like I'm all blank and out of ideas. I don't want to leave you guys hanging. Really tho, THANK YOU for reading! I'm just a novice writer and I appreciate all your comments! If you have any questions or would want some updates regarding wendy or chanyeol or wenyeol in general feel free to message me on my twitter: @ihavenobiasBES and instagram: @otpsideships Keep supporting EXO & Red Velvet! Fighting!!/