a beautiful place to be

Perfect Mess

December 2017

 

Chanyeol and the rest of EXO finished rehearsing for the Mnet Asian Music Awards. He checks his other phone with still him & Wendy's selfie as the wallpaper. Two missed calls from the woman he missed badly. He was worried what might could've possibly happen. He went out of the practice room and called her.

 

"Hello?" He said in a worried voice."Yeol-ah, sorry. I am really sorry. I still love you and will always do. Please stay with me."

 

"You should not be sorry. I was a jerk. I said bad things about you and I can't protect you from all the sasaengs even your family is affected. I completely understand why you have to let go. I'm....", he can't finish his sentence and was sobbing hard on the other line and Wendy was crying hard too. Despite Chanyeol having that cool guy, bad boy image before with all the partying, he has that gentle side. He cares towards his family, friends, and the people around him and in whatever he does, he is always sincere about it. "You don't have to be sorry. I was the first one to let go when I promised that I will stay with you. Please stay with me Yeol." Wendy replied with her soft voice, it was genuine. "Yes, Seungwan-ah, I will never let you go. I will stay with you no matter how hard life could be."

 

Chanyeol waited for Wendy as the rest of the EXO went home after practice. Good thing, there's no early schedule the next day. In their practice room, he played an accompaniment of Stay With Me in the piano and was too immersed with the melody. Wendy rushed in to meet him. She was crying while standing in the door. Both of them were staring at each other. The room was filled with silence and longing. He rushed to her and hugged her tightly as she hugged him back. She missed him so much, his scent, his embrace, everything about Park Chanyeol. She buried herself to his chest as he tightly wrapped her with his arms, repeatedly saying, "I miss you Son Seungwan." Both regretted the fact of them breaking up. “I thought it would be better for us to be apart but falling for you was and will still be the best thing that happened to me.” She made him a better person and he can't afford to lose her. He slowly leaned in for a kiss, a long sweet one. He caressed her hair and she loved it. They missed each other so much.

 

---

"It was silly. I can't imagine why I did that." Wendy explained as she intertwined her hands with him while they walk to their fave food stall in Incheon as they decided to grab some midnight snacks. They were hungry after their emotional “getting back together” conversation. "I thought of that too. I wanted to protect you but why do we need to be apart when we love each other? I miss you.” He said as he held her hands tightly and kissed them. “You’ve said that a million times. I miss you too.” She replied as she leaned on to him as they continued walking.

 

“My favorite singers. It’s been a long time since I saw you here. I thought you broke up.” The grandma owner said while she was smiling as she pat both Wendy and Chanyeol. “Well, we kinda did.” Chanyeol replied with a grin. “What? That would not be a good joke, Park Chanyeol. You know how I even explained to some people who saw you that you were just a good-looking grandson who looked like an EXO member. I even close early just to accommodate you two, every time you come.” Grandma was frustrated and pretended to flick Chanyeol’s ears as if she could reach it while Wendy embraced her and said that they just got back together. “We’ll sing for you Halmeoni while you prepare our gimbap and tteokbokki right?” Grandma nodded and smiled as she had always enjoyed Wendy and Chanyeol’s singing. It took her almost a year to know that they were from EXO and Red Velvet because she only knew them as the “kind-hearted kids” who always visit and eat when it’s near closing time. Besides helping her as she close the shop, they never fail to sing to her with songs they composed or some classic ones which grandma enjoys. Chanyeol started strumming the guitar and his face lit up as he listened to Wendy’s enchanting voice. Grandma was swaying along to the tune as Chanyeol and Wendy looked at each other with smiles on their faces. Being together was enough for the both of them.

 

 

Life is always with the waiting, hoping and anticipating

My love for you is cascading

I love to see you laugh, I hate to see you cry

I want to see that sparkle in your eye

And I never want to see you go

Yours is the only world I want to know

You make the world a beautiful place to be

 

Song: A Beautiful Place to Be by Tyrone Wells

 

[I heard this song through a pretty WenYeol FMV I’ve watched. It was really good. Shoutout to samanthable for making this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijcE1Q2hl2A Please check this out :D ]